Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked on the 17th but these two were not amongst the choices nor any mascara though they clearly had it.  They were all repeat choices from the previous month, with the exception of the rouge and that pretty flowery perfume vial.  I am still pleased with my selection, since I selected products that I could use, even if they were not new offerings.    

But... What are these two items? 

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked on the 17th but these two were not amongst the choices nor any mascara though they clearly had it.  They were all repeat choices from the previous month, with the exception of the rouge and that pretty flowery perfume vial.  I am still pleased with my selection, since I selected products that I could use, even if they were not new offerings.    

But... What are these two items? 

ZoomButt.gif

The first one is ATZEN Eye and Lip Emulsion and the second is Delizioso Skincare Mangosteen & Acai Super Anti-Aging Facial Cream. They both intrigued me and if I don't like them my mom will try them.

I got my box today (3 days ahead of schedule!) and I LOVE it. The youngblood primer is a lot bigger than I expected so I'm excited you try it, its .17. Also I tried the besame rouge today and WOW, its really concentrated and sheers out to a nice stain/flush. I am very fair and it looks bright red in the pot, but its perfect when blended. The size is listed at .1, and the full size is .26 so is close to half the full size. It looks small but I can tell it will last a while. 2 pats was all I needed. The only problem I had was the ClickR serum, it was in the box but when I opened it, there was crusty stuff on the tube and the brush, it looked used. Should I contact them, or maybe some leaked out during transport? I dont think they would send a used product. I was really excited to try that one.

I feel like for $12 I got a great deal....but we will see what next month holds :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Regina Savini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today (3 days ahead of schedule!) and I LOVE it. The youngblood primer is a lot bigger than I expected so I'm excited you try it, its .17. Also I tried the besame rouge today and WOW, its really concentrated and sheers out to a nice stain/flush. I am very fair and it looks bright red in the pot, but its perfect when blended. The size is listed at .1, and the full size is .26 so is close to half the full size. It looks small but I can tell it will last a while. 2 pats was all I needed. The only problem I had was the ClickR serum, it was in the box but when I opened it, there was crusty stuff on the tube and the brush, it looked used. Should I contact them, or maybe some leaked out during transport? I dont think they would send a used product. I was really excited to try that one.

I feel like for $12 I got a great deal....but we will see what next month holds :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I also got the ClickR this month and mine had crusty stuff on the tube as well. Yet the outside box seemed untampered. I don't think my brush was used though. I had to twist it many times to get it started. 

Yay! My box just shipped! They sure do use a weird tracking thing... I've never seen that before.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the heat made some of it come out? I got mine a few months ago and it was fine.
I do think that is probably what it is. It is getting quite hot out and they certainly aren't in any hurry to get here 
rolleyes.gif
. Mine took 20 days from the day I picked till the day it arrived. I'm sure it spend a great deal of time in hot trucks. 

I have no idea what I selected, or when they are shipping it. Ditto the unknown shipping for about 10 other boxes.

I changed my debit card number yesterday, so it's time to clean house with the subscription boxes. The thrill is gone already... I think the GB scandal kind of put me off the idea of every little Steffie and Angie who seem to be running most of the CS at most of the  sub sites.

ZoomButt.gif

I selected on the 17th and got my box got here today!!!!  A full week earlier then last month, getting better BA.  I'm excited and pleased with exception to:

Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream - .7 oz 

The container had a lot of air.  Side-by-side with the CellCeutical, held up to light, the two literally contained the same amount of product, which is .33 oz, pft.  Not a big deal, but an irritant.  Am not fund of miss-representations, especially if one is knowldegable on the skin-care industry mark-up.  It's literally pennies to fill it.  Someone went through the trouble of sourcing these great little tubes with a convenient cap, then someone decided that the tubes should be half filled?  Very pants-around-the-ankle.  Reading these posts, folk's expectations were let-down by this and are predictably put-off. 

CellCeuticals PhotoDefense SPF 55+ -. 33 oz

Did anyone receive a topped-off tube of the Apothederm?  Am kinda curious.  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

My apothederm was barely full as well. So bummed because that sample was the only reason I decided to get my box this month. Im also bummed about how small the rouge sample is. While I want to love Beauty Army I am getting so frustrated. I had a spilled sample all the way back in APRIL and Nancy told me to pick a seventh sample for May. I did and the box showed up with no seventh sample. This month? My seventh sample is in there, but my youngblood primer is no where to be found, which was one of my original six sample picks. No response yet from Nancy. I have been able to ignore the fact that my box is no where NEAR a twelve dollar value month after month but I think Im at the end of my rope. If next month isnt fabulous and if I dont receive a replacement sample I will have to say bye bye to beauty army
madno.gif

Originally Posted by goodgollymolly6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My apothederm was barely full as well. So bummed because that sample was the only reason I decided to get my box this month. Im also bummed about how small the rouge sample is. While I want to love Beauty Army I am getting so frustrated. I had a spilled sample all the way back in APRIL and Nancy told me to pick a seventh sample for May. I did and the box showed up with no seventh sample. This month? My seventh sample is in there, but my youngblood primer is no where to be found, which was one of my original six sample picks. No response yet from Nancy. I have been able to ignore the fact that my box is no where NEAR a twelve dollar value month after month but I think Im at the end of my rope. If next month isnt fabulous and if I dont receive a replacement sample I will have to say bye bye to beauty army
madno.gif
I'm very much with you.  I joined BA back in early spring because the sample sizes were reviewed to be more generous  then others... a nice full-size tube of conditioner, jar of facial care and fun stuff.  I've yet to see just one full size offered as a choice, but rather an increasing number of the sample foil pockets and perfume vials that honestly, are completely not a good value for the $2 per sample fee.  if you are able to make it into a major department store once a month, you can get theses little samples by just asking for them.

Am very likely going to cancel and use that $$ for a second sub of BB.  They've been more consistent with customer expectations.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I'm actually pretty stoked with my selections this month, in part because this time I received options that weren't primers and those single-serve Kellett packets! I finally got one of the Besame lip-and-cheek colors (I've been jealous as all get-out of you ladies who have been handed stuff like the LaRocca glosses for the past six months while I've been missing out on the color!) and those Eye Candy things look really cool. It looks to me as if I not only have to tweak my profile, but be patient--changing the profile did nothing on the first day, but on the next I received a better variety of options.

Well I got a reply from Nancy about my missing sample 3 months in a row. She basically sounds as if she doesnt believe me, wont send out a replacement, and will MAYBE put it in my box next month if she has any left?????? SERIOUSLY? Guess what I dont think there will be a next month so keep your freaking tiny bottle of primer.

What I suggest to people is to open their boxes on camera - when possible - so even if you don't upload it to Youtube but something is wrong with one or more products you have video proof of it in an unboxing video.

My apothederm sample was only 1/3 full  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was bumped too, but the last 3 days I've been moving all my stuff to my new apartment and I am so exhausted that I don't even want to send them an email.

My youngblood primer doesnt come out of the tube.  I wrote it on FB and Nancy said to email her. I have twice and never received a response.  I have reposted to her on FB too.  I heard others had a problem with the primer after I posted.  Did anyone hear back?

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My youngblood primer doesnt come out of the tube.  I wrote it on FB and Nancy said to email her. I have twice and never received a response.  I have reposted to her on FB too.  I heard others had a problem with the primer after I posted.  Did anyone hear back?
Im supposed to get that today or tomorow, so I will l let you know!

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same problem with the youngblood primer I got from Sindulge a while back.

Latest posts

Back