Beauty NY Review of Caudalie Line

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In vino veritas: Caudalie for 2005

By Irene Fogarty

CaudalieVinotherapiejpeg.jpg

I love it! Finally I can justify my love of red wine! From syrah to Bordeaux to pinot noir, my love of wines has been cultivated from an early age. Forget pints of Guinness, in my Irish household we had a bottle of red every Sunday dinner with our Mom’s roast beef. And now I know that was a good thing.
You see, only recently they discovered that red wine can help fight heart disease. It helps unblock your arteries. Better yet, it contains anti-aging properties. Hallelujah! So what’s in the nectar of the gods that’s so good for you, you ask? The New research at the William Harvey Research Institute, published in Nature magazine, points to the polyphenols, which come from the skins of red grapes.

Grapes, especially red ones, are full of anti-oxidants, red grapes are a great way to detoxify, clear your complexion, purify your body and they also taste delicious. (Try them in the morning instead of that big fatty Blueberry muffin!).

Of course, all this is no news to Caudalie. The French company has been developing skincare products based on the goodness of grapes and their tannins for years. Which explains my excitement of Caudalie’s new line…Vinosource Riche. This high-quality skincare really nourishes, moisturizes and protects your skin; especially dry skin that needs extra care in this cold weather.

Caudalieinstantfoamingcleanser.jpg

Caudalie Instant Foaming CleanserBefore you use VinoSource Riche Cream, clean your skin first. It’s easy with this fluid soap-free lotion. Loaded with chamomile, that regenerates skin without harming it, and sage (a great natural astringent), this feather light cleanser is extremely gentle on your skin. It prepares your skin for the next step. The smell is so light and fresh, cleaning your skin will be come a happy chore!

TIP: Apply to wet skin. Close your eyes and massage the foam into your face, always starting in the center and working outward toward the ears and neck. Rinse with warm or cold water for a more stimulating effect. Now look at your skin. Doesn’t it look and feel refreshed.

CaudalieVinosourcerichecream.jpg

Something rich and smooth perhaps?OK. Here it is. My only advice for 2005? Treat your skin with a little more respect. Try this: Vinosource Riche Crème Anti Rides (that’s the French for “against wrinklesâ€). It’s a high-performance formula that treats all the problems of dry skin like lipid deficiency and a lack of moisture that can leading to feelings of tightness.

What I love about this formula is the richness of the ingredients. The grape-seed polyphenols have anti-oxidant properties more powerful than vitamins A, C, and E. Plus, the active ingredient OPC (procyanidolic oligomer), extracted from grape seeds, fights the damage caused by free radicals. And it’s not greasy. Your skin feels soft and you’ll love the natural scent. You can smell the rosemary, sweet orange and extracts of coriander. Delicious!

TIP: Warm a small amount in your hand. Apply gently to face and neck until absorbed. Use it day and/or night cream. Great for those freezing days, when the cold hurts your face.

caudalieeaudebeaute.jpeg

Spritz-er anyone?Morning, noon or night. Whenever you feel like a refreshing spritz. This is a great thing to carry in your bag. Seriously, when I’m working away in the office, I take a break round 3:30pm to give my pores a spritz.

Just run to the bathroom, close your eyes, shake the bottle and spritz. The mint oils tighten your pores, the rosemary extracts stimulates your skin, the myrrh and benzoin help tone it and rose extracts help smooth it.

TIP: Spray on before applying your moisturizer. Can also be sprayed onto the décolleté for its tonic and firming effect. Spray onto tired or stressed legs for an immediate energizing sensation.

caudaiecouplejoeg.jpg

Once upon a vine…The story of Caudalie is a fascinating one. It all started in 1993, when a young couple, Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas, met a famous professor from the Faculty of Pharmaceutics at Bordeaux University on the estate of the Château Smith Haut Lafitte. The revelation he made would open the way to a new approach to skincare. He had discovered that the grape seeds discarded at the end of the grape harvest contained powerful anti-aging properties.

Grape seeds

Because grape seeds contain polyphenols which, once stabilized, have priceless benefits for the skin. The anti-oxidants contained in the grape seed polyphenols have an incredible capacity to fight free radicals, and therefore fight aging. The free-radical protection from grape seed polyphenols is unequalled in the plant world. With the experience of wine making behind them and a patented, stabilized grape-seed polyphenol, Caudalie was born.

Caudalie skincare, has traveled around the world and become a favorite of the stars, the press and consumers worldwide. Today the Caudalie isn’t just a skincare range, it’s a way of life.

caudalieallnatural.jpeg

All-Natural: No colorings, No perfumes, no sulfitesWhat makes Caudalie so special is not only that they are a vine-based, but all Caudalie products are not tested on animals. In addition, their skincare creams do not contain colorings or ingredients of animal origin. Plus, all products are non-comedogenic.

And since they do not use jars they only use the minimum amount of preservatives needed to purity the active agents. All their products are checked by dermatologists and formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reaction. The results we provide are proven in clinical conditions, on volunteers and verified by independent laboratories.

Caudalieantiagingsupplements.jpg

A glass a day keeps the…No wonder Caudalie has come out with Anti-Aging Nutritional Supplements. This anti-ageing, deep moisturizing and regenerating treatment fights the major causes of ageing skin. Strong protection against free-radicals thanks to grape-seed O.P.C's, cellular anti-ageing action of the grapevine Resveratrol, intense hydration thanks to virgin evening primrose, borage and grape seed oils and a draining action due to grape anthocyanidins. For tired or stressed skin, threatened by daylight, pollution, cigarette smoke, and vigorous sporting activity. Take the supplements for 3 months then see the difference.

If you’re still not impressed by this vine-based skincare line, how about this? In September 1999, Caudalie invented and patented the first Vinothérapie spa in Bordeaux, among the vines. This was so successful that the hotel doubled its capacity in no time. In January 2001, Caudalie opened its first day spa in one of the most prestigious hotels in Paris – the four-star luxury Hôtel Meurice.

Best of all, Caudalie has opened its own formulation laboratory at the Vinothérapie centre in Bordeaux. Guess you know where I’ll be going to next year! Santé!

Back