Beauty-Related Facts and Stats

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
86 percent of women color their hair just to be noticed, 75 percent say hair color makes them feel more attractive and 71 percent say hair color lifts their spirits and self-esteem. (Drug Store News, May 22, 2000)

A six-month study of Robert Atkins' low-carb diet found that overweight participants on the Atkins diet lost more pounds than those on the American Heart Association's low-fat diet. Those on the Atkins diet also showed an increase in beneficial HDL cholesterol (11%) and a 49% decrease in triglyceride levels. (Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, August-Sept, 2003)

"Britney" is the top search term for Google users in 2003 [God help us](TELECOMWORLDWIRE-5 January 2004)

More than 670 000 liposuction procedures were performed in the year 2000, a rise of 12% on 1999 and an almost 10-fold increase on 1990. The next most popular procedures were eyelid surgery (465 000) and breast augmentation (288 000). About 244 000 facelifts were performed in 2000--up from 37 000 in 1990). (British Medical Journal, March 10, 2001)

More than 2.5 million chemical peels and wrinkle injections were performed in 2000. (British Medical Journal, March 10, 2001)

The fourth most popular kind of cosmetic surgery among men is-surprise-breast reduction. According to statistics compiled by the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, 9,023 of these operations were performed in 1998 (Discover, Jan, 2000)

Women pay more attention to feedback, both positive and negative, because they perceive it to be more relevant and informative than do men. (Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, July, 2003

On a given week, 100 million shoppers visit a Wal-Mart store. Wal-Mart's beauty business alone, which includes cosmetics, fragrance and skin care, totals $17.5 billion [in 2003] (DSN Retailing Today, Jan 26, 2004)

During the second half of 2003, Wet 'n' Wild became the first budget brand to launch a national advertising campaign, which included print ads in four major beauty books. (Drug Store News, Jan 19, 2004)

Americans spend $30,000,000,000 on cosmetics annually. More than 5,000 ingredients are used in these products, and no long-term safety data exist for most of these chemicals, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association. (USA Today (Magazine), Jan, 2000,)

Yw! I am glad someone liked them. I think they are interesting.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
The very last fact .... about the makeup ingredients' effects NOT being tested .... scares me a bit.

Tks for letting me know that you liked reading the post.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) These were interesting facts. Thanks for the post!

Latest posts

Back