BEN NYE- the make-up guy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like a few of the colors in the 12 pan palette, but i don't wnt to spend the $ for stuff i don't like.

I've been using Ben Nye for years, I was first introduced at Hot Topic when I was looking for a neon pink shadow and found good ole' Ben. I've also found the shadows at Torrid, which is a Hot Topic owned company for plus sized girlies who can't fit into tiny Hot Topic clothing. =)

Originally Posted by KMEFH No shit?!?! Does Hot Topic still carry Ben Nye? it used to but they now selll a brand called REBEL instead

Oh, just wanted to add that Ben Nye shadows fit in most company's blush palettes, so they are pretty big compared to other brands. And they also have a loose powder form of all the colors as well.

This makeup is way too dramatic for me,but i think kisses can carry these colors off,i say go for it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Once again Trisha makes anything look good
icon_wink.gif
I love that yellow eye look you did with the Ben Nye. Now I'm definitely going to get a Kryolan palette and a Ben Nye palette. I crave bright colors and bright colors are hard to find sometimes. MAC has a pretty decent range of bright colors, but I was looking for a palette of bright colors and now I have a couple of candidates
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've veen trying to find good pics of the eye shadow colors.

the purples and greens in the palette are pretty. but the others are too bright for me.

Originally Posted by Trisha The Ben Nye palette is gorgeous, you should definitely get it! x Thanks Trisha! I think I will do just that
icon_lol.gif

i know this is an old thread, but i was interested in ben nye makeup and fortunately we have a store about 15 min. from me that sells the full line of his makeup, so i was going to go there and check it out. i like bright colors too and think i would be able to pull them off, and if the quality is as good as everyone says it is for the price, then that can't be beat!

I can tell you that I have the color wheel. (creme blush)...Jessica Simpson's makeup artist swears by it. You can mix the colors to get a really nice cheek color. I think it was under $20...I use it all the time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ben Nye is the makeup I had to work with for the play that I was the MA for... This stuff is SERIOUSLY pigmented! I had to play a little with it (especially the blush) but by the day of the performance, Ben was totally in my power...

I think I might check out the e/s palettes...It was definitely industrial strength makeup!

Back