BEN NYE- the make-up guy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been considering purchasing the Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Color Palette the one with 12 colors, but I wanted to hear what you girls thought since you guys have been right about everything else.

It's just so costly.....54.00 dollars plus shipping and handling and tax will come out to be 65.48. I just wanted to make sure it's great. So tell me what you think
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am not sure but I think Trisha has his eye shadow. Check out her notepad
smile.gif

i had bad luck with his concealers (mellow orange and blue neutralizer), but i know his eyeshadows are pretty good.

they look pretty, but they're too bright for me. i think trisha did an eye look using the palette. it should be in her notepad.

Glad to know you like them, Trisha!
smile.gif
I was actually doing some research about Ben Nye e/s online yesterday, looking at prices and reading reviews. I'm very interested in the Pearl Sheen and Lumiere Grand Color e/s - for the price especially, since I'd rather spend less on brighter fun colors since I don't wear them as often as neutrals. But I think they were $6.50 each, so that's not bad at all!

Originally Posted by Trisha I have the 12 colour palette and love it! quality of the e.s is fabulous and the colours are WOW! I want more now! :icon_love
BENNYEPALETTE.jpg

Heres a yellow eye look, i used it in more looks but here predominantly!

SunYellowAztecGoldIcedGoldTangerineBrassyGlamourgold.jpg

Wow those are really bright colors Trisha, I never heard of Ben-Nye, the make up guy either..Do the colors last - heck they better for that price....lol All kiddin' aside, your eyes look fabulous - nice job... xxx
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha It is theatrical MU, so its built to last under hot lights!! Thanks Karen!! x Ahhh, Theatrical MakeUp - I would of never known that - See ya learn something new every day....lol :icon_love

I almost bought a few colours a few months ago. I will order now that Trisha said they were good
smile.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Ahhh, Theatrical MakeUp - I would of never known that - See ya learn something new every day....lol :icon_love

are there any sites that have good images of the eye makeup? the ones that i've checked out suck

Are those the only colors he has for e/s? Those seem a bit bright for my normal wear... but I like the fact that I heard they are long lasting.
smile.gif

argh. i hate shopping online for stuff. they never have an accurate pic of colors.
icon_confused.gif

I know... I wanted to order online but couldn't tell very well from the colors if I would like it or not
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Liz argh. i hate shopping online for stuff. they never have an accurate pic of colors.
icon_confused.gif

it's like i want different shadows, but don't want to spend the money. i would rather keep that money and spend it on mac. lol. i usually don't use my other makeup. i don't know why.
icon_redface.gif

i hear ya!

Originally Posted by Liz it's like i want different shadows, but don't want to spend the money. i would rather keep that money and spend it on mac. lol. i usually don't use my other makeup. i don't know why.
icon_redface.gif

One good thing about AL(aromaleigh) is you can purchase the e/s in samples too. And she has priority mail out for small orders. I used to get samples of the e/s and they would last me a while. I hate to say it but Mac is something it won't beat.... I mean I like the AL e/s but I prefer Mac all the wayyy
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz it's like i want different shadows, but don't want to spend the money. i would rather keep that money and spend it on mac. lol. i usually don't use my other makeup. i don't know why.
icon_redface.gif

I love Ben Nye makeup. It is more for theatrical or FX makeup but it does hold up well. The bad thing is that it is hard to find a place that has it so you can see it in person, unless you're out here in LA.

Latest posts

Back