Best Affordable Contouring Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fell in love with one at Sephora, but I am not paying $30 for a brush.... So what is the best affordable contouring brush? 

EcoTools have a few fantastic ones. The Kabuki kit - sold at Walgreens, Walmart, RiteAid - is $14.99 and it has a nice little short kabuki style contour brush.

I agree that Ecotools are awesome for really affordable brushes. I have plenty of them, I never get bristles falling out, they are extremely soft, and they work really well. MAC brushes are incredible, but they are just too expensive /: Same with Sephora(Which is weird b/c Sephora brand makeup is actually very reasonably priced.)

I have Sephora, M.A.C, MUFE, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Royal, Crown, and Cala brushes.  I like them all, some more than others.  However, the first 5 are definately in the pricey range and sometimes I feel that it is just not worth the price.  The last 3 brands are definately more affordable and the quality is good.  I especially like the Cala brand.  They have an eco-friendly bamboo series, a medium range series, and a Luxury series.  I've tried all 3.  The Luxury series is my favorite...although it is a little bit more expensive than the bamboo and medium range series, you can see and feel the quality difference ..and the eyeshadow and blush brush actually feels softer and nicer on my skin than the first 5 brush brands.   The Cala brushes resemble Chanel brushes in looks too!

second that, I have this and it's great for the price. but if you don't need all 4 types of brushes, it might not be the best option for you. they're a little small and awkward to store since they don't have a lid, but I use 3/4 every day.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EcoTools have a few fantastic ones. The Kabuki kit - sold at Walgreens, Walmart, RiteAid - is $14.99 and it has a nice little short kabuki style contour brush.

iagree.gif

Just saw those at my Target for 50% OFF!! They only had one left and it looked to have been open. Gonna try a different Target tomorrow morning..hopefully they still have some

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I bought the set tonight. I've been debating about it since December. Couldn't find it at Target (it was on 50% clearance there but my Target sold out). I know my local Walmart still has it but I hate Walmart and tonight when I went to Walgreens I spotted two packages left so I bought one. I considered buying a couple of SOHO brushes since it's also on sale but changed my mine. I need to go to Rite Aid tomorrow because EcoTools is on sale and I have coupons plus the Sally Hansen HD polishes are on clearance (75% off) so I bought a few tonight at Rite Aid but only what they had in stock. Anyways, I bought the Kabuki set since my cats killed my favorite kabuki brush. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love using the Bhumi All Over Powder Brush to contour my cheeks with either Laura Mercier blush or bronzer. The bristles are quite soft and pick up just the right amount of color, blending it seamlessly into the skin. Highly Recommended.

Latest posts

Back