Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my favorite sc producs are Lancome's Oligo Minerale. I can't afford the whole thing right now and am using Mary Kay's #1 basic for dry skin.

my least favorites are Clinique (like everyone else) and Chanel.

Wow, I didn' know so many people hate Clinique. I haven't used any of their products except for their Superdefense moisturize SPF 25 for normal to dry skin. I just got some samples of it from ebay. So far I really like it and think it might be my HG moisturizer, but all of these bad reviews are kinda putting me off of Clinique.

I don't really have a best product yet. I haven't really tried anything that I absolutely loved yet but I've been mainly just trying drugstore cheapie stuff.

As for worst it is Mario Badescu. I tried their product samples they recommended for me and followed the instruction guide, but it just made might face feel really tight and dry.

My favorite acne product is Neutrogenia On-The-Spot Treatment -- it contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide instead of 10% like most similar products, and 2.5% is just as effective as 10% but much less drying! It has done a great job of clearing up my acne and clogged pores without drying out my skin!

I also really like Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, it clears up any dry skin instantly and doesn't clog my pores!

I don't think I've tried any products that I've hated, but I've tried some products that didn't work that well for my particular skin type. For example, ance products with salicylic acid as their active ingredient don't seem to do anything for my acne, but apparently they work for some people!

Worst: All Avon products

Clinique 3 step skincare, especially DDML

Best: All Dermalogica products

Lancome toniques

Elizabeth Arden masks

MAC pigments

Worst:

Avon

Any drying products that never worked in my teens (Clearasil,etc.)

Lancome

Pore strips (forget the brand who makes those).

Best:

Bliss (love the pore-cleansing milk).

Murad

L'Oreal (just started trying it and it seems pretty good).

Burt's Bees (love the orange spice exfoliating soap and everything).

Cetaphil moisturiser with spf (learned about it from the lovely ladies here).

Have you ever tried Arbonne products? They are wonderful for sensitive skin the RE9 system shows results in just a couple of days and is not irritating to the skin at all. I am a faithful user, also with sensitve skin and I have seen it work!

Kansas

worst:

Oil of Olay moisturizer... oh what this did to my skin!!! UGH!!

Avon

Clinique

best:

Mary Kay Timewise... and I'm a lifer now... my skin has never looked so good!

The only products that work for me are natural ones, so I use mostly the Lush skincare range and a few naturals oils etc, overly chemically products just hurt my skin. So the worst for me was L'oreal's 3 step pure zone range, ouch, my skin was RED after using it, and it did nothing for my spots.

Luckily, I haven't experienced any really bad skin care products. I used to be able to use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash, but now it causes me to have dry, flaky skin around my mouth! I can't use Noxzema anymore either as it makes me even more oily! Great thread BTW!

I once tried a product from joey ny that burned the mess out of my face. I think it was called pure pores. I was a mask that u left on for about 10 min. and them rubbed off. My skin was so inflammed after this.

I dont think I have a best yet. I have generally been using free samples since my disposable income has decreases. What I am using now is a deluxe sample of Kinerase facial cleanser, Apivita Aromatherapy Refreshing Green Tea Water Spray, Paula's choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid and the blemish fighting solution, Olay anti wrinkle anti blemish moisturizer.

i like lancome's line and cetaphil.

my worst - i'm sure i've used products/lines that i did not like, but i can't think of them at the mome

my favorite is aveeno foaming calming cleanser with feverfew because its gentle. i like sea breeze sensitive skin toner, and i like St. Ives Apricot scrub, which i only use in the shower in the am.

I've found Biotherm's Pure Bright line to be the best. It's cleanser scrub and toner are awesome. Clearasil cleanser and Cetaphil break me out like mad.

and I need a clanser with scrubby beads at least once a day.

I just got new cleanser and toner from esteer lauder for the very first time, and can't stand the smell
scared.gif

I have used Mary Kaye since age 22. (I am 58 years old now.) My husband really likes the way it makes my skin look and feel. If I stop using it for a brief time, my husband always comments that my makeup does not look as good as usual

Back