Best Body Scrub?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is origins "Paradise Found". It smells divine and I don't need to use body lotion after using it (which I love because it saves time). I quite fancy trying the Chocalate one they do, but it's lower priority than some other things I want.

Lea

XxX

I am so glad I was browsing though here because I am in need of a new scrub. I want something that smells good but also that it works. I think I may try the Bath & Body Works one.

Any other recommendation?

I love the lavender vanilla too! I use the pillow mist alot, it smells so good!

I think that it is one of the absolute best smells out there and yes!! it does make you sleep better!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love them! Especially the lavender vanilla - I think it's the best scent... My mom had gotten a jar in a bath & body works gift set as a present from someone, and after she showed me how her skin felt after using the scrub - well let's just say her jar 'disappeared" for a little while. LOL
icon_twisted.gif
But, I finally went about 2 days later and bought some - (Mom took hers back LOL) I love it. Give it a try!
(also... for a nice compliment to go with the 'sleep' scrub... is the pillow mist. I don't know what it is, but it ataully helps me get a good sleep! )

Thats anotyher reason I like the Lavender Vanilla - it's part of the 'sleep' collection - and actually works! And I need all the beauty rest I can get!)

Now in trying not to sound like a gimick, I can't say enough about Dead Sea Salts. Yes I have a skin care line and make one, but the reason I make one is because they are simply the best. Not only will they exfoliate your skin, they are very cleansing, help to reduce cellulite and rid water retention and even help body acne. The one I make is Triple Action No Drip Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub, but as you know there are a ton on the market. The only difference with mine is that I've formualted it to contain natural oils and essential oils, but it doesn't drip and isn't runny. I loved dead sea salts but hated the way it was so oily and runny, more scrub went down my drain than on me. I also didn't like the way it made my skin really oily, which my scrub doesn't do, it just makes your skin feel moisturized.

Basically there are a ton of scrubs out there, but if you want a scrub that actually has some skin benefits go with a dead sea scrub they are incredibly theraputic, muscle relaxers the list goes on, it's one thing I can't be without.

Here's a pic so you know what I mean when I say "No drip" instead of an oily base it's made more like a whipped cream containing the essential oils and natural oils, so when you use it it actually clings to your hand and body.

productscrub19pv.jpg

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo I'm in need of a good winter time body scrub. Something that will exfoliate, yet make my skin nice & soft.
Any recs?

i use these exfoliating gloves everyday and at $6 a pair they outweigh the need for a body scrub. i love them and my skin feels great. i wash them in the machine with my delicates, and when they start looking worn i toss them and get another pair. i do use an arbonne scrub for my feet though. check with kim - i think she's an arbonne rep.

Originally Posted by keaLoha No, this one's like a long, rectangular wash cloth made of nylon. Kind of looks like this:

pd_bath_gloves.jpg

I always find them @ Longs Drugs & whenever I'm in SF, I see them in the Asian markets. They run about $3, but are so good when it comes to lathering. Makes my skin super clean & smooth. A friend of mine who was born & raised in Honolulu, saw mine when I went to SF & asked me to send some when I returned. I was shocked to learn that after all those years in Hawaii, he'd never seen one of them.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo I'm in need of a good winter time body scrub. Something that will exfoliate, yet make my skin nice & soft.
Any recs?

I absolutely love L´oreal Exfotonic scrub! It´s very effective yet leaves my skin soft and smooth. I´ve been using it for ages now.

I love CH, S&S and B&I scrubs. The S&S and B&I are about the same sugar consistancy as the BBW, but not as much oil. The CH I like is a whipped sugar scrub, great for if you don't want it oily at all.

I really love H20's Almond Body Scrub. It smoothes my skin really well (my upper arms are rough) and it smells great (I love the smell of almond). It also lathers like a soap which is nice too. I finally found it again at Nordstrom's after desperately searching for it for two years. Yippieeeeee.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love The Body Shop scrubs, and I also have those mitts which you can use with regular body wash and voila you can exfoliate, but nothing compares to a nice scrub.

CLARINS EXFOLIATING BODY SCRUB

Very fine, a non-irritating, spherical polishing grain helps eliminate dead skin cells and enhance cellular renewal.

- Big Black root (Stimulates)

- Mimosa Tenuiflora

Use once or twice a week on dry or damp skin. Exfoliating is particularly recommended before using a self tanning treatment.

Any recs?

All of these are from B&BW since I work there I'm slightly biased...

I would definately recommed the Need a Margarita? body scrub in the True Blue Spa line. It's amazing. If you want something more food like I would go for either the Tutti Dolci Amaretti Coffee Scrub or even the 100% Pure body scrub in I believe it's vanilla bean or something like that. For uber moisture with exfoliation definately go with the aromatherapy sugar scrubs.

I love the B&BW lavendar vanilla. I prefer salt over sugar, but it helps to have the sugar b/c there's nothing like shaving, then deciding to do a salt scrub--I know, it seems like common logic, but I have done that before. I didn't scrub my legs, I did my feet in the tub AFTER shaving my legs, and it still burned.

I don't recommend the Origins scrubs (even though they smell soooo divine) b/c they get clumpy and compacted. I have found some really good ones at Big Lots by Got 2 B and Sara Michaels. These aren't high end, but they do the trick nontheless.

My new HG scrub is Murad's Pomegranate Body Scrub. It smells kind of medicinal but it has glycolic acid in it, which helped to get rid of the bumps on my legs and smooth out my skin all over.

Any recs?

I really like Philosophy's Amazing Grace Hot Salt Scrub. It smells wonderful and warms on contact.

Originally Posted by jettgurrl Hi, i a new here and i totally agree with! Paradise found is the best body scrub, i've ever used. it leaves my skin nice and soft and not oily like some body scrubs! That stuff is so fabulous.

if you want to try a natural way to go you could try suger and olive oil mix the two together and get silky soft skin. make sure you use extra virgin olive oil. the only down point on this is it doesn't have a lovely scent but you could always add some oils if you have any. but in the winter i recomend this treatment for dry skin.

Originally Posted by nikky if you want to try a natural way to go you could try suger and olive oil mix the two together and get silky soft skin. make sure you use extra virgin olive oil. the only down point on this is it doesn't have a lovely scent but you could always add some oils if you have any. but in the winter i recomend this treatment for dry skin. Yep this a good option, I've tried it before and despite the smell it does wonders for your skin.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Yep this a good option, I've tried it before and despite the smell it does wonders for your skin. You can also add a little ground cinnamon to give it a little smell.
I also like the Juicy hot apple sugar scrub.

Back