Best Body Scrub?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in need of a good winter time body scrub. Something that will exfoliate, yet make my skin nice & soft.

Any recs?

OMG! The asolute BEST scrub I've ever tried so far is by Bath and Body Works... (Aromatheraphy collections) It's the "Sugar Scrub" it's part sugar and part oil, so it's really gets off the dead skin - but leaves you SO soft that you don't even need moisturizer!!! Just make sure to wash out your shower afterwards, the oils sometimes make the floor really slippery. But otherwise it's a definite 2 thumbs up!
at.sugar_scrub.orange_ginger_detail.jpg
at.sugar_scrub.eucalyptus_detail.jpg
at.sugar_scrub.lavender_vanilla_detail.jpg
at.sugar_scrub.jasmine_vanilla_detail.jpg

My favorite is the Lavender Vanilla... mmmmm
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have to rave about The Body Shop's scrubs - they were the first I'd ever tried, and I love them. Also, for a cheap but excellent scrub, Got2Be makes a sugar scrub in a large orange tub. It works great, and smells good, too! I'd also go with the B&BW scrubs, because B&BW stuff is always great.
smile.gif

I agree on the Bath and Body Works Sugar Scrubs...amazing, but $20! Alba Botanicals has a Sugar Cane Body Scrub that in my opinion is just as good for only around $8.00 Its also made of sugar and oil and has a wonderful sugary smell. I absolutely love it!

Yeah, the Bath & Body works scrubs are a bit pricey... but you don't really HAVE to do it everyday... and a little goes a long way - so I think you get your money's worth. A jar usually lasts me over a month. And I think the results that I get from it are priceless

The Body Shop scrubs are $16, I think, but they can last a looong time. And they always have excellent sales, where you can get them for less than $12!

The Got2Be scrub, and another one I have (can't think of the name) are HUGE and less than $10 for a tub and tube. I'll find the names - they're drugstore brands. Plus, I'll find my recipe for an at-home brown sugar scrub that's every bit as effective as these pricey ones - plus, it's edible! LOL!

my current faves are jaqua vanilla orange scrub, and TBS mango peach scrub. im on my third tube, whish has to be a record for me. even when i really enjoy something, there are so many things that id like to try that i usually dont get around to buying another.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 OMG! The asolute BEST scrub I've ever tried so far is by Bath and Body Works... (Aromatheraphy collections) It's the "Sugar Scrub" it's part sugar and part oil, so it's really gets off the dead skin - but leaves you SO soft that you don't even need moisturizer!!! Just make sure to wash out your shower afterwards, the oils sometimes make the floor really slippery. But otherwise it's a definite 2 thumbs up!
My favorite is the Lavender Vanilla... mmmmm
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I can't believe this post has me LEMMING a body scrub!!! I WANT IT NOW
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 I can't believe this post has me LEMMING a body scrub!!! I WANT IT NOW
biggrin.gif
I love them! Especially the lavender vanilla - I think it's the best scent... My mom had gotten a jar in a bath & body works gift set as a present from someone, and after she showed me how her skin felt after using the scrub - well let's just say her jar 'disappeared" for a little while. LOL
icon_twisted.gif
But, I finally went about 2 days later and bought some - (Mom took hers back LOL) I love it. Give it a try!
(also... for a nice compliment to go with the 'sleep' scrub... is the pillow mist. I don't know what it is, but it ataully helps me get a good sleep! )

Thats anotyher reason I like the Lavender Vanilla - it's part of the 'sleep' collection - and actually works! And I need all the beauty rest I can get!)

Stop making my lemming worse than it already is.. We can't get Bath & Body Works over here!

But i got some good news today. My parents are going to NYC, Miami & on a cruise around the caymen islands in April so i'm gonna have a list the size of the Empire State Building with all the products i NEED on it & i'm gonna make them get me everything on it!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Stop making my lemming worse than it already is.. We can't get Bath & Body Works over here!
But i got some good news today. My parents are going to NYC, Miami & on a cruise around the caymen islands in April so i'm gonna have a list the size of the Empire State Building with all the products i NEED on it & i'm gonna make them get me everything on it!
biggrin.gif

awesome!! Too bad you aren't going too!
icon_sad.gif
Welp, you better start on that list now... apparently you can't get some major goodies over there!!! Here.. I'll start it for you: 1. All Day Eyeshadow Base

2. B&BW sugar scrub

3.Visine

etc etc etc
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm gonna copy & paste that directly now.. The list is gonna be HUGE by the time April comes!

I've only tried one scrub called I'm In the Mood for Scrub & wasn't impressed. I've been using a nylon scrub cloth for years & love it. Since Hawaii has a large Asian population, it's widely available & I've seen it in the Asian areas of mainland cities. I think you can find something like it @ the Body Shop as well. I use it w/my favorite bath gel (just a dime-size amount b/c it lathers well) all-year-round.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've only tried one scrub called I'm In the Mood for Scrub & wasn't impressed. I've been using a nylon scrub cloth for years & love it. Since Hawaii has a large Asian population, it's widely available & I've seen it in the Asian areas of mainland cities. I think you can find something like it @ the Body Shop as well. I use it w/my favorite bath gel (just a dime-size amount b/c it lathers well) all-year-round. are you talking about one of those bath pouf things, or is it something else? i recently got a "soap sock" and i dont know how i feel about it. its a nylon mesh bag with a drawstring. you put the soap in, and it kicks up a huge lather while exfoliating. its really worth it for clear glycerine soaps that dont lather much on their own, but i dont get much of the soaps smell. i wish someone would come out with a fantastic smelling soap that lathered as well as a bar of zest, etc.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse are you talking about one of those bath pouf things, or is it something else? i recently got a "soap sock" and i dont know how i feel about it. its a nylon mesh bag with a drawstring. you put the soap in, and it kicks up a huge lather while exfoliating. its really worth it for clear glycerine soaps that dont lather much on their own, but i dont get much of the soaps smell. i wish someone would come out with a fantastic smelling soap that lathered as well as a bar of zest, etc. I love the way Dove smells... can you squirt some body wash in it?

in addition to the soap, or instead of? i do have a pouf that i use with my gels/washes. i dont feel like anything less than some real soap (ok, a detergent bar) gets my.......danties clean, so i use a fun smelling soap or gel on my top half, and a non fun bar soap on my bottom half.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse in addition to the soap, or instead of? i do have a pouf that i use with my gels/washes. i dont feel like anything less than some real soap (ok, a detergent bar) gets my.......danties clean, so i use a fun smelling soap or gel on my top half, and a non fun bar soap on my bottom half. Yeah - agree w/ ya there
icon_cheesygrin.gif

No, this one's like a long, rectangular wash cloth made of nylon. Kind of looks like this:

pd_sisal_wash_cloth.jpg

but is constructed of this material:

pd_bath_gloves.jpg

I always find them @ Longs Drugs & whenever I'm in SF, I see them in the Asian markets. They run about $3, but are so good when it comes to lathering. Makes my skin super clean & smooth. A friend of mine who was born & raised in Honolulu, saw mine when I went to SF & asked me to send some when I returned. I was shocked to learn that after all those years in Hawaii, he'd never seen one of them.
eek.gif

ooh, interesting! thanks for the pic. ill have to look for one. i used to have one of those mitts, but it was painfully scratchy. it was convenient because i didnt have to worry about keeping hold of anything. i have a stall shower, and i actually have to open the door and hang my bum or head out in order to pick something up from the floor. not fun. lol.

Latest posts

Back