best concealer for red spots?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
that´s my main skin issue-flat,red spots from past breakouts (guess my skin doesn´t heal very good). but I still get new breakouts too, but very few.

So I need a concealer (I prefer a creamier one..easier to blend I think) for that, with medium to heavy coverage.

I heard that greens even out reds and I know that for example MAC does a Color Corrector in Green (although I didn´t like their Color Corrector in Peach for dark circles).

but wouldn´t the green show up even under foundation? *confused* or should I just get one in the color of my skin (NC 30)

hope you girls can help. actually, I KNOW you can
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(you already helped me to find my HG concealer for my undereye circles. THANX AGAIN!!!!)

Hey Arielle, i'm also on the look out for a concealer for blemishes so im looking forward to the replies to this post
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle that´s my main skin issue-flat,red spots from past breakouts (guess my skin doesn´t heal very good). but I still get new breakouts too, but very few.
So I need a concealer (I prefer a creamier one..easier to blend I think) for that, with medium to heavy coverage.

I heard that greens even out reds and I know that for example MAC does a Color Corrector in Green (although I didn´t like their Color Corrector in Peach for dark circles).

but wouldn´t the green show up even under foundation? *confused* or should I just get one in the color of my skin (NC 30)

hope you girls can help. actually, I KNOW you can
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(you already helped me to find my HG concealer for my undereye circles. THANX AGAIN!!!!)

What's your HG concealer for your undereye circles?

Oddly enough, I'm finding WnW's Coverall Stick in medium to be quite effective for me. I'm NC35 so it might work well for you. However, it's not too creamy, but does a great job w/spot coverage.

Like Trisha suggested, try the BB Blemish Cover Stick. I've heard mixed reviews on it & think that it might be what you're looking for. Armani makes a potted concealer which is quite creamy & does a lovely job w/hiding anything I need.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 What's your HG concealer for your undereye circles? Bobbi Brown creamy concealer+the pink toned color corrector. Laura suggested this one. it´s AWESOME!!!!

i use physicians formula green concealer, which turns to powder when you blend it in, and it works SO well. when i gently blend it in, there's no green. i had a massive, red zit above my lip (good place, right?) and when i put a little of this on, it just looked like a bump with no color. i love it! it's like, $4, too.

Originally Posted by Arielle Bobbi Brown creamy concealer+the pink toned color corrector. Laura suggested this one. it´s AWESOME!!!! Did you get that lil palette thing they have going right now? if so, i just ordered it on gloss.com last night! lol. i got natural since i'm nc30 in mac also.

If you are still prone to getting new acne, make sure you get a noncomedogenic (won't clog pores) concealer -- makeup labeled "oil free" may still contain other greasy ingredients that can clog your pores.

Right now I am using L'Oreal Air Wear concealor. It seems to work fine for me, and it dries to a powder finish which is a little unusual -- just make sure you blend it fast because it dries pretty quickly! It also tends to cake up in fine lines so I don't like it for my undereye circles, but it works fine for acne. But it is a better match to my skin than my previous concealor and only costs $10.
smile.gif
I am also using L'Oreal Mattique foundation which provides a medium coverage -- it can hide the lighter pink healing blemishes and half-way hide the redder spots, then I just come in with the concealor and touch up what the foundation can't cover. Set it all with a loose powder and it lasts all day
smile.gif

The other concealor that I've tried is Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream -- I think it runs somewhere between $20 and $30, but one tube probably lasts me at least a year! (I used it for a long time because my dermatologist made me
wink.gif
) It did do a good job of hiding the redness, but none of their shades matched my skin perfectly so I finally quit using it. But this has a creamier texture than the L'Oreal so you may like it!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Did you get that lil palette thing they have going right now? if so, i just ordered it on gloss.com last night! lol. i got natural since i'm nc30 in mac also. yes, I got that one, in Ivory (i guess that´s one shade lighter than what you got)-it´s a good deal to try it out. but I´m sure you´ll like it. tell me how it worked out on you whenever you get it in the mail

Latest posts

Back