Best Drugstore Makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foundation - CG Trublend liquid foundation and Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation

Blush - Maybelline loose mineral power blush

Powder - CG trublend loose mineral powder

Concealer - CG invisible concealer

Eye Shadow - NYX runway palettes and color mates palettes(from dollar general/dollar tree)

Eyeliner - WetnWild liquid eyeliner and Maybelline define a line eyeliner

Mascara - CG lash blast (big orange tube) and CG lash exact ( purple tube with shiny top)

Lipstick/Lipgloss - don't really use it, i normally just wear chapstick or a cheap clear gloss

As you can see most of my products are Covergirl or maybelline. If you check out eBay, you can get some really good deals on NYX eyeshadow palettes. A seller I recently purchased from is bubbles_n_mocci.

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is amazing. I wasn't really fond of the the liquid kind though.

Powder: Jane has a color called "colorless" that is perfect for my pale complexion. I LOVE their pressed powder. It's the only kind I can find that doesn't look chalky but still provides coverage. Unfortunately, Jane is becoming harder and harder to find.

Eyeshadow: Jane eyezings are great.

Mascara: Covergirl Last Blast and Maybelline Full N Soft

Eyeliner: Loreal le kohl liner

I have normal-to-combo skin (depending on climate) with sensitivity

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Liquid, followed by Neutrogena cream to powder skin-clearing compact

Eyeshadow: Milani (love the singles. palettes have a weird smell, though)

Mascara: Covergirl Last Blast and MAYBE Revlon Lash Fantasy

Brushes: Either Ecotools (decent and affordable) or Sonia K (good quality and half the cost of department store stuff). I also like the Essence of Beauty ones from CVS, but others find those a hit or miss.

Liquid and gel liners: Revlon colorstay eye pen, Sonia K gel liner, wet n wild cream liner

I haven't really tried a lot of lip products from drugstores and I'm not much of a blush person

Foundation: Bourjois, GOSH & Boots No7

Powder: Bourjois & GOSH

Concealer: Boots 17

Eye Shadow: Barry M, Bourjois, GOSH, Sleek

Mascara: Maybelline

Lipstick/Lipgloss: Bourjois, Barry M & GOSH

The BEST drugstore mascara I have used is L'Oreal Double Extend. It's seriously the only mascara that makes my eyelashes both long and clump free.

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte

Concealer: Don't use

Eyeshadow: Jane Eyezings, Milani

Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous (The carbon black is the blackest mascara I've ever used!)

Eyeliner: Wet n Wild H20 Proof

Lips: Revlon Colorstay Sheer

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation

Powder: Unfortunately, I have yet to find a drugstore powder that I really like

Concealer: Sonia Kashuk (available at Target)

Eyeshadow: Revlon Illuminance cream eyeshadow quads and L'Oreal Hip Eyeshadow Duos

Mascara: Maybelline Lash Stilleto and Covergirl Lash Blast

Lipstick: Revlon Moon Drops lipstick

Bronzer: Rimmel Natural Bronzer

Liquid Eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline Line Stilleto

Pencil Eyeliner: Styli-Style

Brushes: EcoTools!!

Physicians Formula is available in most drug stores their powders, blushes and bronzers are incredible, talc free and mineral based. They range from $15-20.

Before I used PF I swore by covergirl Tru Blends Powder, and NYC blush.

I always use either Loreal Voluminous or Extra Volume Collagen mascara its fantastic and beat allt he other high end mascaras I've tried.

Rimmel volume boost lipgloss is an excellent replica of MAC's lipglass.

Sally hansen lipglosses are my favourite.

Rimmel and Loreal lipsticks are the best in my opinion.

Annabelle liquid and pencil liners are the longest lasting.

Almay Tru Blends and Annabelle Skin true are my favourite foundations.

Originally Posted by H.e.l.e.n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Physicians Formula is available in most drug stores their powders, blushes and bronzers are incredible, talc free and mineral based. They range from $15-20.
Before I used PF I swore by covergirl Tru Blends Powder, and NYC blush.

I always use either Loreal Voluminous or Extra Volume Collagen mascara its fantastic and beat allt he other high end mascaras I've tried.

Rimmel volume boost lipgloss is an excellent replica of MAC's lipglass.

Sally hansen lipglosses are my favourite.

Rimmel and Loreal lipsticks are the best in my opinion.

Annabelle liquid and pencil liners are the longest lasting.

Almay Tru Blends and Annabelle Skin true are my favourite foundations.

I really like the Physicians Formula as well.

I like Annabelle quite a lot, it's a canadian DS brand. Their eyeliners, eyeshadows, lip liners and even pigments are really good.

I also like NYX Ultra Pearl Mania, their mascaras and lipsticks

great topic! i recently bought a foundation from boots no. 7 (available at target in the us), i think it's top-notch! its not as cheap as some drugstore brands but much less than what you would find at the beauty counters.

Bourjois....is the only drugstore brand I use these days. They have some lovely eyeshadow and glosses are really long lasting thou a little drying and their foundations suit nearly all skin types

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation

Powder: cornsilk (yes,it's still around!)

Concealer: Revlon anti aging

Eyeshadow: Loreal HIP duos,milani singles

Mascara: currently liking lashblast

Lipstick: rimmel

Bronzer: physician's formula

Liquid Eyeliner: (i don't use)

Pencil Eyeliner: covergirl or rimmel retractable with the little smudgy thingy on the end

Brushes: essence of beauty

Mascara- Rimmel Eye Magnifier... LOVE IT

NYC has a great brow powder/wax combo

My local beauty supply store carries this brand called Nicka K...it also goes by the name of Absolute... omg the lipstick is great and so are the lip liners. Very smooth and moisturizing...all for about $1.49 a piece!

Foundation: Collection 2000 Lasting Power (or something like that - can't remember the exact name!) is my new most fave foundation £5.69!!! Better than any high brand I've tried

Powder: Rimmer Clear Complexion pressed powder

Concealer: Barbara Daly for Tesco concealer - incredible! also use this as eyebase

Eyeshadow: Bourjois

Mascara: Max Factor

Lipstick: Revlon or Max Factor

Bronzer: Prestige Cosmetics

Pencil Eyeliner: Revlon colourstay black

jesse girl!!!! (you can get it a rite aid) its e/s and its amazing. i have no problem with it fading and its really easy to blend.

Foundation: Covergirl Trublend Liquid Makeup is AMAZING!! Can't live without it.
wink.gif

Eyeshadow: I like Rimmel eyeshadows.

Mascara: Maybelline Colossal, I think that's what its called.. It comes in a really fat yellow tube.

Eyeliner: Maybelline Unstopabble Eyeliner

IMO one of the best foundation for women of a darker complexion is Iman. Honorable mention Black Opal, Black Radiance, and maybe Milani if they kept it in stock.

well to me drug store makeup pretty much is horrid and i refuse to buy it anymore if i have to pick one i'd go for max factor, it's the most expensive drug store brand you can buy pretty much.

Glamorous, you are certainly entitled to your opinion
smile.gif

I would like to point out a few things ...

Not everyone has access to/ can afford anything other than drugstore lines. Many of the drugstore lines have a few things that are pretty crappy, I'll give you that. But even the least expensive line I can think of, Wet N Wild, has a creme liner that I think rivals any high end line if not better than it.

Price doesn't always make it great.

Latest posts

Back