Quantcast

Best foundation for oily skin

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Hi ladies! I'm running low on powder foundation. I'm currently using MAC mineral powder. I want to find something with better coverage. I prefer powder versus liquid. I'm definitely open to all brands, so please advise :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks in advance 


 
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Bare Essentials is my choice for powdered mineral foundations. There's a wide range of shades to choose from so you should get the right one for you. If you do get this though, invest in the primer too. They work really well together.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
@ William-- Which one is the best? There's all kinds that MAC carries

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Originally Posted by CelticMUA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bare Essentials is my choice for powdered mineral foundations. There's a wide range of shades to choose from so you should get the right one for you.

If you do get this though, invest in the primer too. They work really well together.
Last time I went there they said they didn't have my color. They also said that if I were to try any of the colors it would make me look orange. That was a couple years ago tho. I guess I should give them another try. I do have their mineral veil and LOVE it tho :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Their eye shadows are pretty awesome too! They go on so flawlessly. Hopefully, they have my color

 
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
You probably had bad advice as there are 20 different shades. They range from Fairly Light to Deepest Deep.

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
629
Reaction score
9
Bare Essentials also has a Matte option for their mineral foundation powder, now. I have combination skin and I've tried the Matte Finish in Fairly Light. Honestly, I felt like it was still a little too dewy by the end of the day, but you might like that, as I think that look is typical of mineral powders. I actually like Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder better, but I haven't used it enough to find out if it makes me break out.

Also, you can try a sample of the Bare Essentials powders at Sephora right now if you are a member of their insider club. The club is free to join, but you have to buy something to receive the sample. Use code BEBARE3 for the regular or BEMATTE3 for the matte finish. You can only choose from 7 of the shades, but it's worth it to be able to try it.

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
Do you wear a primer underneath?  It makes a big difference in staying power of foundation on oily skin.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
yeah i actually use mac prep and prime skin base. any recommedations on a better primer?

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you wear a primer underneath?  It makes a big difference in staying power of foundation on oily skin.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
so the popular vote seems to be bare essentials. thanks for coupon code. i think ill go into sephora this week and try it out
 

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bare Essentials also has a Matte option for their mineral foundation powder, now. I have combination skin and I've tried the Matte Finish in Fairly Light. Honestly, I felt like it was still a little too dewy by the end of the day, but you might like that, as I think that look is typical of mineral powders. I actually like Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder better, but I haven't used it enough to find out if it makes me break out.

Also, you can try a sample of the Bare Essentials powders at Sephora right now if you are a member of their insider club. The club is free to join, but you have to buy something to receive the sample. Use code BEBARE3 for the regular or BEMATTE3 for the matte finish. You can only choose from 7 of the shades, but it's worth it to be able to try it.

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
Monistat gets my vote.  Its all over youtube.  I tried it, I've been using it for 2 years now.  It keeps my foundation on no matter what!  


 

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah i actually use mac prep and prime skin base. any recommedations on a better primer?

 
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
The Monistat was OK for me under liquid foundation. But under mineral (powder) foundations, the Monistat beads up and peels off.

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
Really? That hasn't happened to my and mineral is all I have used with Monistat.  Probably you put on too much. You only need a small pea size.  I squeeze the tubes into a pump bottle so that I can get just 1/2 a pump.  

Originally Posted by Kimshi42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Monistat was OK for me under liquid foundation. But under mineral (powder) foundations, the Monistat beads up and peels off.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Really? Monistat? I wish I knew about this before! I can't believe I wasted my money on "high-end" primer.

I went out and bought the bare minerals foundation in golden tan. I'm excited to use it tomorrow. 

divadoll-- do you any cost effective alternatives to eye shadow primer? I fell in love with UDPP, but it's too expensive. I also tried ELF primer. It works, but to find something comparable to UDPP would be awesome! :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
Sorry, aleeeshuh, no dupe for the shadow primer.  I'm using the ELF mineral shadow primer and its been working well for me.  I don't wear eyeshadows very often and the mineral ones I make don't require primer to make it last.  Is this the one you're already using?



Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? Monistat? I wish I knew about this before! I can't believe I wasted my money on "high-end" primer.

I went out and bought the bare minerals foundation in golden tan. I'm excited to use it tomorrow. 

divadoll-- do you any cost effective alternatives to eye shadow primer? I fell in love with UDPP, but it's too expensive. I also tried ELF primer. It works, but to find something comparable to UDPP would be awesome! :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
If you're looking for a powder have you already tried Bare Escentuals by BareMinerals? It's a best-selling foundation for oily skin with many retailers.

 

Latest posts

Top