Best Heat Protectant Spray?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you who flat iron or use a curling iron a lot, what's the best heat protectant spray/serum in your opinion?

I currently have Tresemme's Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray & Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum by Neutrogena. I don't use them together at once, but I'm willing to pay more if the product's really great.

I'm looking for the same product, I've tried flat iron spray by fx special effects and I'm gonna go back to the Tresemme spray. I like the pump on that alot.

I use the same Tresemme spray as you, i've used a Matrix one, in the orange bottle...

it's the same thing. To me there all the same, I cant tell the difference.

I've heard the best heat protectors have silicone in it.

I have heard that any styling product with silicone will offer some protection.

It's not necessary to use a heat protectant spray if you already have mouse/gel/styling balm in your hair.

I have a heat protective serum for fine hair from L'oreal tec (pro line). It works, and apparently it also contains a sunscreen inside, but i would advise you buy it only with a discount, otherwise it's just too expensive imo.

I also have this small bottle of Biosilk Silk Therapy serum. I haven't used it in a long time, but I should start using it again.

I use and LOVE THIS SERUM!

FANTASIA HAIR POLISHER Heat Protector STRAIGHTENING SERUM

straightens, shines and protects

Straightens smoothes and protects hair from heat damage caused by hot tools. Vitamin E and silicone seal in moisture leaving hair silky smooth frizz free with great shine even in damp humid conditions

I think it's just as important to use a leave in conditioner as well. Dry hair + heat = burned hair

I like Tresseme and Beyond the zone turn up the heat protection spray. Beyond the zone is found at Sally's.

I use the tresemme heat tamer protective spray, it's definitely my favorite. I really love how it sprays.

I have the Tresemme heat tamer and Beyond the Zone turn up the heat. I prefer the Tresemme one. I love it.

My all -time favourite heat protector is CHI. It comes in a red bottle. You can buy it at Shoppers in Canada (maybe at Trade Secrects, they sell it on and off there).

Lately I've been using Biosilk and its not bad either.

I prefer Tresemme or otherwise I apply Argan oil before using flat iron. I think Argan oil is really good and natural.

The Tresemme and Chi protects are good budget options! I found the Chi protectant marked down at TJ Maxx. However, the Kenra Blow-Dry Spray is amazing! Smells great and I swear it shortens the time it takes to dry my hair!

I personally think the Karmin Spray Heat Protector is the best  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Great to read your post, I've been procrastinating! Up till now I've been using the Pro-naturals argan oil as a leave in treatment/heat protectant but I think I'll change to the Karmin heat protection spray as it also has argan oil and will be just as easy to apply,

I've used a few different heat protectors in the past. I liked the ones with added argan oil. Always make my hair feel silky. HSI has a great one with added argan oil, but it's quite expensive. I recently tried out a new brand (at least new to me...). It's called "cloud 9" and the brand is "Brocato" - it might also be the name of the guy behind the product? I'm not sure. Anyhows - they have a blow dry serum that works AMAZING. I use it for blow drying and for straightening. 

Latest posts

Back