Best makeup brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some new brushes too. I've been wanting to buy the crown brushes for a few years, but now I can actually afford new brushes and I'm not sure if I should get them or another brand.

Good quality brushes are hard to find. And you would think that you have to pay a lot of money. But that's not always the case. Here are some good quality brush makes:

Expensive brushes - MAC, Sigma, Real Techniques

Cheap brushes - Coastal Scents, BH Cosmetics, Royal and Langnickel

I'm looking for brushes now because my brushes are worn out.

I always think brush sets are good because you get lots of brushes at good prices.

I always always look for a stippling duo fiber brush with short hairs. I find them best for applying liquid foundation!

I like Sonia kashuk for drugstore brushes. I love Kevyn aucoin for high-end dept. store brushes.

www.crownbrush.com These brushes are great quality and SUPER CHEAP! I've been using them for years and many of them hold up better than my more expensive ones (even from brands like MAC or Lancôme). Sephora has also recently released their pro-series line of brushes and they are absolutely AMAZING. Aside from CB.com, I only ever use Sephora brushes anymore. - B

Also, if you have multiple brush kits like I do (one strictly for weddings, one for basic freelance, one for personal travel and one for at home), www.crownbrush.com is an absolute life-saver since it allows you to get everything you need without spending a small fortune or forfeiting quality. Their brushes never stop impressing me! - B

I have a healthy mix of cheaper and more expensive brushes. My more expensive selections include L'Occitane and MAC an the cheaper ones are from Ecotools, BH Cosmetics and Everyday Minerals. 

I don't look at the brand...I just look at the capabilities of the brush.  I own brushes from ELF to MAC.

I love MAC brushes, but my views are probably a bit skewed, because I'm a MAC artist and they don't cost me an arm and a leg. 

Sigma is my second runner up, HANDS DOWN. They're brushes are just as good, if not better. (Although they don't have an exact dube for the MAC 217, which is my go-to eye brush. The E25 is similar, but not an exact dupe) Their Sigmax line is also AMAZING - the F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush is a go to for me. All their brushes are around $6-16 and they sell them in sets to fit your needs. 

-Jay'd

I love Sephora brushes 
heart.gif
 my second fav is MAC

It's important to get good brushes. You can do more with cheap makeup and great brushes than you can with great brushes and cheap makeup.

I use Bdellium brushes for everything. I've had mine for a year now and used them on countless people, and they're still going strong. The 12 piece eye kit was, I believe $55 when I bought it. I feel like it has an awesome assortment of necessary brushes, and they've really, really held up for me. They've all kept their shape and they've barely shed in all this time. I've used them so much that the paint is wearing off of the handles. They're also antibacterial, which is a huge plus.

The Sephora brand brushes are really good, and pretty reasonably priced. 

I also have a fair mix of brands - I have some MAC, EcoTools, Bare Escentuals, and brushes I ordered from Aromaleigh's site.  

I do want to try the Sonia Kashuk and the Crown Brushes, but I have to wait till I need to replace something!

check out Royal Langnickel.  i  bought the full set with brush  roll and several other mini-sets.  i love them!  word on the street is that they are the manufacturer behind many of the makeup artist line brushes (i am almost positive they make laura mercier's and some of MACs).  i found the price point to be very reasonable for the quality.  i had a set of Crown brushes initially, but was not pleased with the quality, so i gave them to my teen daughters. 

i would also suggest a big old bottle of cinema secrets brush cleaner - brushes dry very quickly and the scent is a mild vanilla-ish and quite pleasant.

I have about every type of brush that is made and have my favorites/preferences from all the brands. My absolute favorites are Bhumi Brushes, my DH bought me the entire Master Set for my last birthday and they are divine. After using them for awhile now, I definitely can attest to the hype about them being the "Lamborghini" of brushes. They are an investment but they have great sales. I absolutely love them but still use some of my other favorites from ELF, Smashbox, Coastal Scents, Mint, Sigma, Bobbie Brown, MAC, BE, Sephora, MUFE, Nars, DuWop, And Ulta

Back