Best makeup brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use The Body Shop's brushes and they are pretty good synthetic ones out there, about the same quality as MAC.

QUO's brushes are not as good as The Body Shop, they are too hard for the cheek, but for the eyeshadow is allright.

I havn't tried any natural hir brushes though..

I have some Essence of Beauty brushes and had no idea they were so highly rated! I am going to look for another set b/c it is time. I also want to ck out the ones from the Body Shop and the ones by Sonya sold @ Target.

Thanks Ladies!!

About the Sonia Kashuk; I have both the white handled and dark ergonomic. Do not get the white handled brushes. They=suck. I like my Face Secrets eyeshadow brushes from Sally Beauty. The face brushes aren't bad, but I don't feel strongly about them either. I have not tried MAC face brushes, but I was not impressed with the eyeshadow brushes. AT ALL. I have some of the Image Essentials brushes from Kmart and really like those. I did not like any of the ecotools brushes I have used. I was not happy with my badger brushes from Coastal Scents. I believe they are Crown brushes. I did get a huge badger brush from CS that is black handled that I love to death.

And I think that covers all of my brushes. I did try a Lowell-Cornell brush I didn't like, but it was one with black hair on it. The white haired artist brushes felt much softer. I am not yet decided on those.

I agree, the Sonia white handles really do suck and scratch the hell outta my eyelids...

I like the EoB brushes, the Loew Cornells need to be conditioned after EVERY use to be soft imo. I like all my crown brushes alot - they're really soft. Other than that, I'm pretty random with brushes...

I've been hearing alot about Sigma brushes lately. There's some reviews on Youtube, but I don't feel I could trust them...

I LOVE eco tools. you can get them at rite aid, target, walgreens... just about any drug store. Go to youtube to watch some reviews about them.

I'm not so thrilled with my sephora foundation brush (black handle, orangish bristles). It makes my foundation look so cakey.

I just got Trish McEvoy The Ball at bluemercury last week and it's awesome!

It's a sphere shaped makeup sponge that's awesome for coverage the best part is--no more lines!

I am def hooked. It feels substantial and like it will last longer than square ones where the edges tend to wear off.

I bought the set from sigma makeup , after watching Encore from you tube, and they are all VERY MAC comparable !! They remade their dupe of the 187 brush to make it fuller, and I think it is nicer than the MAC 187 the closest dupe I have ever seen . The entire set was $ 64.00 + shipping. They are definitely worth checking out if you are looking for MAC dupes !!! I looooove my set , and am very glad I got it !

sigma makeup

Mac brushes 217, 224, 239, 129

The Lowe Cornell 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 brushes are really comparable to MAC's also

probably out of all the brushes I use, my favorite is the "White Angled liner Brush" from coastal scents.

I like my EDM/CS brushes for my foundation, face, shadows...but that might just be because those are the only ones I own and have used. But the angled liner brush is soo cool...it's amazing how one slight little bend can make it so much easier to actually *see* when you're lining your eyes! (the bend makes it so the brush handle is actually to the side of your eye sight when you're lining your eyes, instead of directly in front of your eye, blocking your vision)

I have some MAC a lot of NARS and a few miscellaneous brushes. But the NARS is my FAV!!! But I use a Michael's Arts and Crafts brush for my pigment. It was like two bucks and I LOVE IT!! That one is a Royal Soft Grip SG 170. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Interesting to see so many interpretations of the words "reasonably priced".

Studio Tools (Target) has some great brushes as does Face Secrets (Sally Beauty Supply), Posh (KMart) and elf.

I love Sigma brushes (sigmamakeup.com). I think they are MAC comparable, and they are even named like them. They look almost exactly like them too. I also like Coastal Scents (coastalscents.com) brushes. They are dirt cheap and great quality.

I just bought a bunch from Crown Brush. So far I really like them (except the duo fibre dupe, not really like MAC's). I got about 18 brushes and a brush belt for $85.

Well so far my Lowe Cornell and Sephora brushes are doing ok, but I think I need some new ones.

Latest posts

Back