Best makeup brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like both of Sonia Kashuk's brush lines, the white handled and the black handled. I really love EcoTools brushes. They are some of the softest brushes I've ever touched. Affordable too!

I'm soooo done with spending a fortune on expensive, brand name brushes!

I now buy all my brushes from Coastal Scents [coastalscents.com]. Their brushes range in price from $1.95 to $15.00, but they are all of superb quality. They have several brushes that are dupes for the more expensive ones, but they hold up just as well, if not better!

Their Large Synthetic Buffer Brush is my HG brush for foundation application.

I love ELFs studio brushes. It doesn't shed and its super soft. Most are about 3 bucks!

I use GOSH brushes... they cost around £8 each more or less. I'm getting some more in a couple of weeks with my birthday money. Need a brush for contouring (I'm hopeless at it though) and also more eyeshadow brushes as I only have fairly large ones.

I have a set of Italian Badger brushes that I love. They are the softest I've ever used and do not scratch at all. I bought them on the internet years ago but they look just like the ones from Coastal Scents.

I subscribe to Makeup Artist Magazine and that's where I found Crown Brush

They are the manufacturer. They make the brushes that all these brands later buy and brand themselves. YOu can buy from Crown Brush website at their wholesale prices and these are professional high quality brushes. I use them on all my shoots. You can get sable, Italian badger, all kinds of brushes cheap. They also offer pro sets for makeup and nails.

i've been using Quo, Benefit, Smashbox, Make Up For Ever. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the MUFE HD Kabuki brush. It's super soft and really dense.

I use:

BE: concealer brush and overall face brush (I also have the baby kabuki but I rarely use it)

Smashbox: foundation brush, eyeliner brush and the angled brow brush

Model Co.: eyeshadow

Estee Lauder: eyeshadow brushes

I've been wanting to try Body Shop's brushes too because they feel like heaven on my face! I'm sure this will be my next buy.

Btw, BE's brushes are not quite good. My face brush is quite painful and the hairs always fall when I use it. I think I'll try body shop after this.

all EDM brushes, of course
smile.gif

I have a combination of brushes.

My main powder brush is a MAC #129 powder brush that I use for my blush.

I own Sephora foundation, medium eye shadow, and concealer brushes. I like the shadow brush the most, foundation and concealer brushes are meh.

I absolutely ADORE my Too Faced "Teddy Bear Hair" brushes that I bought for 20% off. Lip brushes, blending brushes, the whole shabang. Well worth the $ and then some.

I also bought a cute smudge brush from Target's line of brushes the other day and it works like a dream (I only paid $2 and some change for it)!

I'm planning to look into Sonia Kashuk brushes.

I LOVE my Illamasqua brushes!!! They are so soft and retain their shape with hardly anny shedding at all. Also Sonia Kashuk brushes are a favorite of mine (the all black signature handles) because they are really soft and blend well without shedding... plus they only run about $10/ea. But Essence of Beauty from Walgreens and CVS are actually really good as well, I love there crease brushes, and you usually get two sizes in a package for under $10. They're soft as well and hold shape.

They are giving away M.A.C. brushes for free at www dot CLAIMFREEBIES dot com (gotta remove the link because I have less than 10 posts). You gotta fill out an offer or two but most offers are appealing free trials. It's probably worth it considering the quality and prices of M.A.C. brushes.

Clean each brush by shaking bristles back and forth in the soapy water and then rubbing them until they foam. To keep wood handles from warping or glue from loosening, do not totally submerge brushes. Wipe handles with a damp, soapy cloth.Thoroughly rinse all traces of cleanser from bristles in warm water.Squeeze water from bristles, and then use a dry towel to squeeze out more water.

i love my mac brushes.

but i think these days i love stila brushes more! you can't go wrong with either.

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sonia Kashuk has some really nice eyeshadow brushes. For foundation brush however I opted for MAC. I would definately check out her line of brushes at Target
smile.gif
I would agree, but recently I bought 11 make-up brushes from Avon's Mark collection and they're such great brushes for the price they are (from $2-$9). Soft, they work wonderfully, and honestly there are some that I love more than my MAC brushes. Foundation brush from Mark is really good to. Any Avon brand brushes are great! here's a link to the Mark brushes:
Avon Shop - Products

they don't ship internationally, however.
frown.gif

how much is the price range for Sonia Kashuk brushes? Now I'm using some make up forever brushes, although it's kind of pricey but I think it's nice and great, I also have the body shop brushes, I like them too.

Originally Posted by MorrisonsMaenad /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would agree, but recently I bought 11 make-up brushes from Avon's Mark collection and they're such great brushes for the price they are (from $2-$9). Soft, they work wonderfully, and honestly there are some that I love more than my MAC brushes. Foundation brush from Mark is really good to. Any Avon brand brushes are great! here's a link to the Mark brushes:
Avon Shop - Products

they don't ship internationally, however.
frown.gif

Thanks for sharing! Mark is quickly becoming my favorite cosmetics brand. I love their stuff! The only brushes I have from them are the mini brush travel kit, which I really like. My last few orders with them, I've debated on whether or not to purchase any of their full sized brushes. I haven't yet, but I think I will now. I really want their new flat liner brush!

has anybody tried sephora brushes?

i live in korea and i want to buy some new brushes that korea doesnt have. but then id have to order it from the states and i dont wanna buy something thats not worth it!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back