Best makeup brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i'm just starting as a new makeup artist and need to purchase brushes.
Can anyone recommend what brand of brushes I should use?

Thanks for you help

Absolutely! For some quick cheapy brushes, I'd go for ELF at Target. Also at Target are SK or Sonia Kaskuk cosmetics and she has an impressive line of brushes at a very reasonable price. Higher end: I'd say MAC are really popular and they are quite pricey but very good tools. I have quite a few of those.  Then there's Sigma who pretty much copied MAC's brushes and sold them at less than 1/2 the price. They've built from there to offer all kinds of different brushes and good prices. Don't let me forget Crown Brush and Coastal Scents. They offer great pro quality brushes at amazingly low prices. HTH! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really enjoy E.L.F brushes, as well as BH Cosmetics. Not to pricey... But pretty good quality. The E.L.F brushes do not at all come apart. Really good!!
smilehappyyes.gif

I have a MAC 190 brush that I don't use anymore since I don't wear  their (or any) liquid foundation anymore. It was very soft, and made my skin look nice.

images

Now I use Bare Minerals makeup, and just use the brushes that came with the Customizable Kit I got a Sephora.

As for eye brushes, I bought a tokidoki trio that works well. I haven't used the liner brush yet though since I don't know how to do that. They're also very soft, although I don't really see much of a difference between them and the freebie brushes that came with Loreal HIP eyeshadows. They are super cute though!

images

Real Techniques brushes are my favourites. I love Illamasqua's brushes too (I prefer synthetic brushes!) 

Hi! I kinda have the same question, except I live in Indonesia, which means I have to ship most of my brushes from abroad. Which brand do you think is worth investing in? Because shipping costs a lot so I don't want make any wrong choices :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would skip expensive brushes like Mac, Shu, MUFE and get your brushes from either Crown Brush (this is what I did in my early freelance days) or Coastal Scents. I don't do much freelancing anymore, but I still use some of these brushes (which are like 7 years old) so while they may be inexpensive, they're not cheap. As you build your business, you can build on to your brush collection with more expensive brands, if you choose. Also, buying cheaper will allow you to buy multiples of the same brushes, which is invaluable when you have 30 mins to make up 3 people on a set and there's really no time to clean your brushes in between faces. Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

RealTechiniques brushes are so good! If you purchase the brushes individually, they can get kinda pricey, but if you go to an Ulta or go to Ulta.com and search for RealTechinques, they have eye sets, face sets, and more ! I hope this was helpful to you and anyone else !

I'm a huge fan of Sigma brushes. A lot of the brushes are basically Mac dupes, but cost a fraction of the price. Their kabuki line is also AMAZING, and also surprisingly inexpensive. Check them out in a store near you or online!

I really recommend Coastal Scents brushes. The 22 piece brush set in specific because it's only $34.95 and you get an awesome variety of great brushes including stipple, flattop kabuki and much more. The bristles are so soft and you get a mix of synthetic, fiber, goat/pony, and nylon hair. As mention many times above, ELF brushes are pretty great aswell. Some of their Studio line brushes are just AMAZING. Like their flat powder brush is one of my favorite go to brushes for foundation and Im sure many others would agree with me aswell. So yeah, I really recommend those! good luck girl!

I have some IT cosmetic brushes that are to die for, that came free w/product purchase (on QVC). These sell individually in the $38-40 range.  I also have some wonderful Prescriptive brushes that were purchased before the line discontinued that are wonderful.  For budget brushes, I love my Studio Basics (Paris Presents) brushes and Ecotools from Walmart.  Both very good quality for the $$.

I might have written this earlier but 

1. Sigma Beauty 
  2. BH Cosmetics 
  3. Illamasqua 
  4. MAC 
  5. E.L.F Cosmetics

Originally Posted by MakeupMyLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really recommend Coastal Scents brushes. The 22 piece brush set in specific because it's only $34.95 and you get an awesome variety of great brushes including stipple, flattop kabuki and much more. The bristles are so soft and you get a mix of synthetic, fiber, goat/pony, and nylon hair. As mention many times above, ELF brushes are pretty great aswell. Some of their Studio line brushes are just AMAZING. Like their flat powder brush is one of my favorite go to brushes for foundation and Im sure many others would agree with me aswell. So yeah, I really recommend those! good luck girl!
Agreed! I purchased this set a month ago and am in LOVE with it. It doesn't shed, it's a great mix of brushes, easy to clean (and I'd recommend getting brush guards for that) and the packaging is cute. The ONE and ONLY downside to this set is that the brush handles are labeled with numbers or names, but you just get to know your set and that's not a prob. :) Super awesome price as well! I purchased mine from Amazon. <3

Latest posts

Back