Best Smudgy Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite eyeliners, fluidlines, powders or whatever you use to get that smudgy eyeliner look?!?!

Brand & Color:

Application brushes or tools:

Technique:

I like MAC Kohl's & Fluidlines as smudgy liners. They are both really soft & creamy & easy to smudge IMO anyway! I dont own a smudge brush, i use a non branded e/s brush but i've heard the NARS smudge brush is fabulous. I'm guessing Stila Smudgepots might be good too because of their name but i've never tried them so i cant say for sure

I like fluidlines for my upper lids since that's generally the only place i use liquid liners or gel liners. for my rims and under lower rims i use my maybelline expert eyes pencil (velvet black)

I smudge out using either my old Mary Kay lip brush or my paula dorf smudge brush

(i used it yesterday i posted FOTD pics in the may 5th FOTD area)

recently i have been using my too faced liquif-eye for making liquid liners out of pigments that i have so i haven't smudged that out i just leave the liquid line look

For an everyday (not over the top) smoky eye look I use Clinique's Eye-Shading pencil in Almost Black. I draw a thin line tapering to a thicker line on both bottom and top lashes. Next I smudge it with my Nars smudge brush which I love. I used to use a plain ole Q-Tip (which works) but now I have more control and the cotton fibers don't get in my eyes and irritate them anymore. If I'm going out at night I simply add Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Stone on top of the liner and some in the crease and outer v and its my perfect smoky eye.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl What are some of your favorite eyeliners, fluidlines, powders or whatever you use to get that smudgy eyeliner look?!?!
Brand & Color:

Technique:

I love MAC powerpoint liners... I have Engraved (Black) and Stubborn brown (dark brown) I really don't smudge to often, but when I do... it's either with a QTip or a small domed tip brush I got at the craft store!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love MAC powerpoint liners... I have Engraved (Black) and Stubborn brown (dark brown) I really don't smudge to often, but when I do... it's either with a QTip or a small domed tip brush I got at the craft store!
smile.gif
i need t ogo to a craft store ihate spending all this money on brushes

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i need t ogo to a craft store ihate spending all this money on brushes Oh yeah! They have the same ones you've probably already spent 5x as much on... and a whole lot more that MU companies don't sell, that you can come up with uses for!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh yeah! They have the same ones you've probably already spent 5x as much on... and a whole lot more that MU companies don't sell, that you can come up with uses for!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
yea very true. i need to find a craft store near me

Originally Posted by DallasGirl What are some of your favorite eyeliners, fluidlines, powders or whatever you use to get that smudgy eyeliner look?!?!
Brand & Color:

Technique:

Personally, I adore those MAC pencils....they last forever.... I wasn't crazy about the eyeliner they have in the little pots..( I thing they call them like, fluid eyeliners) whatever,.... the reason I didn't like them, was because I was applying it with a wrong-kinda brush.... I found an old brush I had from about 400 BC., and found that the eyeliner went on like Michael Angelo painting the ceiling of the chapel....now, that I know what the heck I'm doing - I may have to go out & get the teal blue eyeline that Bethany used in her Photo of the Day today... - that is one beautiful color....
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I found an old brush I had from about 400 BC., LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
the one that you used with the infamous black cake eyeliner in the white compact? LOL
tongue.gif

Brand & Color: Stila Smudgepot in Gray

Application brushes or tools: Stila #4 brush

Technique: Just apply in a reasonably straight line, then wait like 3 seconds and smudge with your brush or finger.

Latest posts

Back