Best Time to Weigh Yourself

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Personally, my answer is "NEVER," but here's another good answer!
icon_confused.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>What is the best time of day to weigh yourself?</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>Weighting for an Answer

Collinsville, Oklahoma</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Dear Weighting:</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Who hasn't been discouraged after stepping on the scale in the morning, only to find later a weight gain of up to 10 pounds by the evening? Weight can fluctuate throughout the day due to many factors, such as food consumption and water retention.

Though there is no "best" time of day to weigh yourself, experts suggest you pick the same time every day and use the same scale. Check your weight no more than twice a week -- any more frequently, and you may get discouraged by normal fluctuations in your reading. Also, be consistent in what you wear when weighing in. That said, it's important to remember that weight is not the only indicator of overall body fitness and health. Muscle weighs more than fat so the numbers on the scale can be misleading. Other indicators, such as body fat percentage and readings from a tape measure should be taken into account as well. This is from Yahoo.com</SMALL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is great info. I'm one of those people who weighs herself daily but I always do it in the morning after I wake up so it's pretty accurate since I haven't eated anything yet or take a shower. If you weigh yourself after you've take a shower or a bath you can actually weigh more due to some water being retained but it quickly goes away.

I do the same thing, Reija! I find it better to weigh in the morning, because that's my body weight without extra food and such. It just makes sense to me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I do the same thing, Reija! I find it better to weigh in the morning, because that's my body weight without extra food and such. It just makes sense to me.
smile.gif
I agree. The morning is the best time to weigh yourself. You haven't filled your belly yet, so you get a more accurate account.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) This is great info. I'm one of those people who weighs herself daily but I always do it in the morning after I wake up so it's pretty accurate since I haven't eated anything yet or take a shower. If you weigh yourself after you've take a shower or a bath you can actually weigh more due to some water being retained but it quickly goes away. Ya, anytime i weigh myself in the mornings i always use the WET hair excuse!!!

Never is *always* acceptable. Why know what your weight is when a simple clothing size will suffice (even if I have to sew the tag in myself!!). But I do my weighing first thing in the morning, after I empty my bladder...lol!! I'd hate to see my weight on a Saturday evening.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Personally, my answer is "NEVER," but here's another good answer!
icon_confused.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>What is the best time of day to weigh yourself?</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>Weighting for an Answer

Collinsville, Oklahoma</SMALL>

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=5><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Dear Weighting:</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Who hasn't been discouraged after stepping on the scale in the morning, only to find later a weight gain of up to 10 pounds by the evening? Weight can fluctuate throughout the day due to many factors, such as food consumption and water retention.

Though there is no "best" time of day to weigh yourself, experts suggest you pick the same time every day and use the same scale. Check your weight no more than twice a week -- any more frequently, and you may get discouraged by normal fluctuations in your reading. Also, be consistent in what you wear when weighing in. That said, it's important to remember that weight is not the only indicator of overall body fitness and health. Muscle weighs more than fat so the numbers on the scale can be misleading. Other indicators, such as body fat percentage and readings from a tape measure should be taken into account as well. This is from Yahoo.com</SMALL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki I agree. The morning is the best time to weigh yourself. You haven't filled your belly yet, so you get a more accurate account. Or maybe it's the other way around ... after you've porked out a bit with some lunch, you should weigh yourself to see how porky you USUALLY are. Ahhah.
newmyeditor3.jpg

I weigh myself every morning. I have gotten better from when I used to weigh myself twice daily.

I never weigh myself as I don´t own a scale. Sometimes I´ll step on the scale at my parents house only to wonder why my weight seems to fluctuate between like 115 and 122 pounds. But the exact weight doesn´t really matter to me since it only fluctuates between these two numbers so there´s no big surprises.

Latest posts

Back