Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to sharpen their Mirenesse pencils yet? If so how well did it work?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to sharpen their Mirenesse pencils yet? If so how well did it work?  
It worked great. I did buy the UD Grindhouse sharpener, though. I first bought an E.L.F. sharpener for jumbo pencils, but it was too small. The Grindhouse sharpener works great and not too much product loss.

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey ladies,

was just wondering if anyone had received the rebate from the health magazie yet?
Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't.

I sent in my postcard with the "No Thanks" box marked. I didn't want to go buy a stamp and an envelope and do all the broo-haha just to get a rebate. But I didn't want the magazine. Last week, I got the May issue in my mailbox, so I emailed BB, saying:

Quote: Immediately upon receiving my box last month, I sent in the postcard to opt-out of the Women's Health subscription. But yesterday I received the May WH issue in the mail. I don't want the magazine, and I'm trying to contact Women's Health about this, but also wanted to let you know that the opt-out process doesn't seem to have worked.

They replied this morning and said :

Quote: Thanks for being in touch. Sorry about the trouble that you've had with the subscription.

The postcard actually enabled you to receive the subscription, not opt out. To cancel, you'll have to contact the magazine directly. Here's a link: https://customerservice.womenshealthmag.com/pubs/RP/WMH/login_multimag_CAPTCHA.jsp?cds_page_id=75687&cds_mag_code=WMH&id=1369066693343&lsid=31401118133019916&vid=1#

Hope that helps!

Sadly, that didn't address the main issue, so I replied:

Quote: No, the postcard allowed for TWO options with checkboxes. One was "Yes! Send me a one-year subscription..." The other was "No, Thanks. See refund details below..." I checked the second box--"No, Thanks" and sent it, as directed at the bottom, along with my original Birchbox subscription email address, as I didn't want to spend 46 cents and an envelope to opt-out of the magazine. I just didn't want the magazine. Honestly, I didn't care about the refund. But I still got the magazine, which is a hassle. I spent about 15 minutes on the WH site the other day cancelling the dang thing.

In the future, please make opting out of promotions easier. I shouldn't have to spend money and time figuring out how to stop getting a product from a third party. Thank you.

And just a few minutes later, got a reply:

Quote: Sorry for the confusion! I will definitely pass your feedback along.
Doesn't seem like BB cares about the WH opt-out process or the rebate, which is sad. And as I've had several problems with BB in the past few months, this just might be the last straw. 

I sent in my postcard with the "No Thanks" box marked. I didn't want to go buy a stamp and an envelope and do all the broo-haha just to get a rebate. But I didn't want the magazine. Last week, I got the May issue in my mailbox, so I emailed BB, saying: They replied this morning and said :
Just got my refund check but I used an envelope and stamp. I think the postcard was sent to a different mailing address than the refund location. I hope you get it sorted out.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my refund check but I used an envelope and stamp. I think the postcard was sent to a different mailing address than the refund location. I hope you get it sorted out.
It did. Super inconvenient... send to a different location, in an envelope, which requires a stamp. yerg.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got WH to cancel my sub, albeit with a $7.99 rebate since the May issue was already sent out and the June one is in process. But the addresses were almost identical, and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't just mark No. Why should I have to spend time and money to get off the list? Reviewing my copy of the postcard (I save things like this), the addresses were close enough that I really thought just marking "No" would opt me out.They have the same address main: PO Box 26299, Lehigh Valley, PA;, different title and zip: postcard says Women's Health, zip is 18003-9911, the return address for the rebate says Rondale Rebate, zip 19002-6299.

Ugh - I hope I used the correct address for my refund. I did do the envelope and stamp thing but I didn't examine the postcard closely enough to notice multiple addresses :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just curious - has anyone given their magazine subscription to a non-BB subscriber?  I gave mine to my neighbor.  I hope WH doesn't try to verify if she is a BB subscriber.  I'm still trying to convince her to join...why it's even a question for her, I'm not sure.   

Got my refund today too! 
biggrin.gif

I know people are probably going to call me an as***** for this, but I think it's really uncool that some are complaining about the perceived hassle to get a refund on a magazine they didn't purchase. I didn't want WH, but I took it anyway because I didn't think it right to claim a refund on something I got for free.

Originally Posted by emilyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know people are probably going to call me an as***** for this, but I think it's really uncool that some are complaining about the perceived hassle to get a refund on a magazine they didn't purchase. I didn't want WH, but I took it anyway because I didn't think it right to claim a refund on something I got for free.
I actually did nothing. I didn't send the card in at all. No magazine, no refund, no harm done. 

Has anyone received their magazine yet? I sent mine in for myself and one for a friend (com my second account) around the end of April and neither of us have received anything but spam emails. Edited b/c I typed may instead of April

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone received their magazine yet?
I requested the refund and got the magazine instead.  It showed up 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think you should have gotten it by now... maybe call and ask?

Has anyone received their magazine yet? I sent mine in for myself and one for a friend (com my second account) around the end of April and neither of us have received anything but spam emails.

Edited b/c I typed may instead of April
I requested the refund and received the first magazine yesterday...

Has anyone received their magazine yet? I sent mine in for myself and one for a friend (com my second account) around the end of April and neither of us have received anything but spam emails.

Edited b/c I typed may instead of April
i got the magazine a bit back. like beginning of this month maybe. 

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the magazine a bit back. like beginning of this month maybe. 
My first issue was June and I sent my subscription card in late.  

Latest posts

Back