Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one I'd pick is the jouer blush. I love everything I've tried from them. Chances are it'll be sold out by the time I get my email though.

I'm pleased to see makeup samples for those that really like them; it seems like offering makeup options for PYS makes sense due to color preferences being really subjective for different people, skin tones, work environments. I do dislike getting random wonky colors that don't fit my profile. 

I've got my K-beauty based makeup routine down solid as it is perfect for the super pale sun haters like myself, so it isn't a great PYS selection for me. I'd consider the eye shadows, but I just swapped for some eyeshadows so meh. I think I'll just leave it up to chance if those are the actual PYS choices. Last month, leaving it to chance was a losing idea for me. Can lightening strike twice? Here's hoping I don't get too toasty. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not mad about any of these choices, I still have a bit left of my Jane Iredale just kissed from Sample Society, I dug out the rest of it and put it in another container, despite the tiny tube it had a ton of product in the bottom of the tube. I like that it leaves a hint of color and is a pocket size lip balm, much more portable than my eos lip balms.

While I'm not a big fan of Pop Beauty, I really like the looks of the colors in this pallet, they're right up my alley. I'm fair to medium warm so they're really calling my name.

I'm curious if the Jouer is blush (I don't think it's eyeshadow) or a combo blush/lippie type product like Stila's convertible color or the Jane Iredale product?   

I'm sure it's just my cool-tone eyes, but all these colors look to be in the warm peachy orange category.  It's so depressing to keep getting nice products that I can't wear.  

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any more information of this upgraded subscription that they are offering now? I just logged into my account and it was that for $30 a month you get 2 (I think it was two) full size makeup or luxury nail products in addition to your normal 5 samples.   Of course I can't find anything about it on the website now and the only other upgrade option I see is yearly.   Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I ended up taking the upgrade when it showed up in my account. It said on the upgrade offer that it would be 2 full size makeup or luxury nail products. I don't think there is anything mentioned on the website about it. I didn't see anything when I upgraded. The only notice I saw was the email and the time I logged in and it popped up.

For anyone who might be interested!

The Jane Iredale lip product is the "Lip and Cheek Stain" according to some bloggers that have posted the April sample choices.  So while it looks like a light lip color, it actually comes out in a pretty rosey pink tone. 

I've had this product in the past but it broke and fell out the tube (it was the same sample size) but it's a really fantastic product and I definitely recommend it!

I'm just not as excited by Birchbox, or indeed any subs, now than I was a few months ago, possibly because it was in the dead of winter and I had nothing to look forward to.  I cancelled my second account and these PYS choices aren't making me want to resub. 

For anyone who might be interested!

The Jane Iredale lip product is the "Lip and Cheek Stain" according to some bloggers that have posted the April sample choices.  So while it looks like a light lip color, it actually comes out in a pretty rosey pink tone. 

I've had this product in the past but it broke and fell out the tube (it was the same sample size) but it's a really fantastic product and I definitely recommend it!
I think the shown lippie is Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper in Sydney (shimmering salmon). I saw that Birchbox UK sampled it in September 2014, the sample packaging looks identical. If it's one of the PYS I will probably get this one. I have too many blushes and after hearing all those bad things about POP I won't even go there (thanks for the warning @biancardi).

I will probably cancel my second sub. One account is more than enough for me.

I hope we get good options.

I think I'm going with the Jane Iredale, as I like the brand, assuming there are any available when I get to pick. Although the Mad Men box could be awesome. I've liked every curated box I've recieved. But I'm terrible with liquid liner, if that is one of the things in it!

Come on, PYS video! I feel like it's really late. I think I'm just impatient. I also want to see the box add ons. If they are MM themed too, they could be fun!

Back