Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I bought myself a gift sub this month -- and have already received the welcome box -- will that one get a PYS (I know I don't get any BB Plus add ons, I'm just talking about the regular PYS)?

At any rate, I will take the Relax and Recharge box on my Ace account, I haven't tried any of that and it all looks good to me.  (Meanwhile, I've tried at least half the things in the other curated box.)

Then I have either one or two other choices, depending on the answer to my initial question.  I've already tried the Naobay and I find it OK but nothing spectacular.  I'm drowning in hand creams (I bought that L'Occitane holiday box) and body lotions right now, but I guess the body lotion sample will be small so maybe I'll choose the Essential Elements second.  Then Tocca third, if I get a third choice.

I think I will get one each of the curated boxes. I haven't tried nearly any of the samples and they both look pretty cool. The only bummer will be that I won't have any surprises.

I think I will get one each of the curated boxes. I haven't tried nearly any of the samples and they both look pretty cool. The only bummer will be that I won't have any surprises.
This is exactly how I'm feeling!  I know I would really like the Tone it Up box, but I'm also torn because I like the mystery of not knowing what will be in the regular boxes.

So the PYS this month is three lotions? Is this a punishment PYS? lol 

ETA I'm not really complaining, since I'm excited about the Naobay lotion (seems like it'll be good with eczema/sensitive skin), but this PYS seems out of character. Usually there are four options and a lot more variety!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tocca for me.  I've been really wanting to try it.  I have gotten a lot of the other items already so, for once,  it's kind of a no brainer for me! 

I would have jumped on the Tocca except it's the only one Birchbox has ever sent me. In a pick-2 no less back when I USED to get good ones! ***cue the crying baby***

Ok, now that I've looked at both curated boxes I do think I am going to go with Relax & Recharge. I've already received the Briogio from Ipsy, I'm not a fan of those tea flavors and I do not care for the scent of lavendar BUT the other three items interest me. I received the Manna Kadar in Lucky this month and I love it. I think the All of Me shade looks even prettier. And I am very interested in trying the other two items so hopefully I will be able to score this one. The only downer is the late shipping. Since I started PYS my boxes are 2-5 days later than was typical before PYS came along. The one month (last month) that I didn't pick a sample I got my box on the 7th. I think that's the earliest I've ever received a BB. And every time I type PYS I hear Michael Jackson singing PYT in my head (there I said it, now maybe it will stop  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

Here's what's in the Relax & Recharge box:
Manna Kadar Lip Locked - All of Me
Perlier Body Butter - Lavender
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
When Travelmate Sheetmask
Briogio Don't Despair, Repair! 
Teapigs Tea Bags (Licorice & Peppermint, Chamomile Flowers)

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the Rosemary and Mint lotion, because I love aromatherapy like stuff, and it just makes me feel good!

But I feel like the Tocca will have the best boxes. This is where having another subscription would come in handy. 

I loved the Briogio from Ipsy but with only one box now I'm going to leave things up to chance. 

Hmm.. Curated box or don't pick and which curated box? Maybe when the video comes out I can make a better decision.

I meant like... we don't want to listen to everyone complaining again this month, so let's offer three selections nobody could possibly be THAT excited about  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That rose gold eyeliner caused a real frenzy.
Got it.

Yup, no pys when you get a pys confirmation = chaos, lol

Hmm. I may end up picking the Tocca just to avoid the other two, since I hate the smell of the Naobay and hate rosemary too. A big snooze-fest, though!
 I agree with you total snooze fest.  The most boring ever.  Unfortunately as we have found out, picking one does not always avoid the others.  I usually end up with two of the pys items in my boxes.  Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not!

I am going with the Relax Box. Although I don't really want more Briogio after getting it from impy, the other stuff looks interesting. I have this theory that the snooty selection this month is actually picking one of the curated boxes. I am basing this on the fact that there are only three sample choices and they are kind of boring. 

Latest posts

Back