Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I'll leave it up to chance or if I'll try for the R&R box.  I have the hair mask already and I love it. I'm almost out of it, so I'd like more!  I have the Perlier lotion in almond and I like the lotion but hate the scent.

But I'm not sure I love the idea of no surprises in my box.  

What to do, what to do...

I think I'll request the Tocca, since they never send me Tocca, and I've been wanting to try that scent. I need a little hand lotion for my office, too. These seem like things that most people who have been subscribed for a few months are likely to have got already, though. They sent me that Naobay lotion a while ago, and the smell was so gross, I just squeezed it out into a big bottle of body lotion and mixed it in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee what amazing choices! Not! For once I am not upset about not being able to choose the curated boxes, since I either have those samples or they do not excite me. I think I will go with the Tocca on my main, and leave the secondary up to chance. I noticed in the video, they did not even bother talking about how amazing any of the lotions were, they usually talk up a storm about the picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not excited by any of this I'm afraid. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do NOT like rosemary, lavender, tea or grapefruit. Not the best luck this month. I'm also not interested in any Coola or the Lip Locked from the curated boxes.

Those that didn't like the Naobay scent, what does it smell like? I am kind of considering going with the Tocca if the grapefruit scent is minimal since I do like cucumber. I might just not pick a sample at all though.

Those that didn't like the Naobay scent, what does it smell like? I am kind of considering going with the Tocca if the grapefruit scent is minimal since I do like cucumber. I might just not pick a sample at all though.

I suck at describing scents. It made me think of wicker or bamboo furniture.  At first I hated it so much I thought of tossing it. But the smell disappears after a while, so I'm using it up. 

I actually really like both the curated boxes, I'm kind of sad I had to cancel birchbox due to financial reasons.  After 33 months, it was time to part ways.  I will definitely miss it though..

Eh, I think I'll end up going with the Tone It Up box for one box and leave the other up to chance. Although, I really wouldn't be disappointed leaving them both up to chance... that tends to work well on my profiles. 

Usually I would run head first towards the Tocca, but I have about 5 deluxe tocca hand creams (including Cleo) and one full size thanks to my amazing Secret Santa. These will last me at least a year! 

I think for me it's the Tone It Up box on one account and leaving it to chance on the other. None of the lotion PYS options appeal to me. Where are the makeup samples? I know BB is skincare heavy, but I really am most interested in the beauty products.

Latest posts

Back