Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a happy ending for by Birchbox Plus items meaning.... they need to ship them to me! I emailed, again, asking for an update. I hope to not receive an answer back from my Birchbox BFF.
I'm so mad that you didn't get your stuff yet! 

And I don't understand why some of the BB Plus stuff was sent with the boxes and some wasn't? My sweatshirt, extra samples, & actual box all came together in a big box!

I'm so mad that you didn't get your stuff yet! 

And I don't understand why some of the BB Plus stuff was sent with the boxes and some wasn't? My sweatshirt, extra samples, & actual box all came together in a big box!
I don't get it either!! And I don't get why they don't communicate it to those who are still waiting that there was a fulfillment issue!

I don't get it either!! And I don't get why they don't communicate it to those who are still waiting that there was a fulfillment issue!
Yeah, that's ridiculous. It's almost February!

And they can't really say they're out of sweatshirts or something, because it's a site that ONLY custom makes stuff. They could easily make more. 

They're saying to me that they are all out of Tocca samples and that it's basically my fault that I didn't get my original box, because I should have packages delivered to the post office for pick up so they don't go missing. I have packages delivered to my apartment all the time, and nothing else has ever not showed up. I'm not going to trek to the post office every time I order something. I don't have a car, so that would defeat the purpose of having things delivered to me in the first place. 

I get that it's the post office's fault that something was screwed up with the delivery, and I guess I will try to contact them, but they are usually useless (probably because they are so understaffed/underfunded). But if Birchbox sends out more Tocca to people this month after telling me I can't have my sample choice, I'll be really irritated. 

ETA: Also, I was home the day it was supposedly delivered, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't stolen - I was just never delivered to me in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crappy way to push the blame onto the victim.  Why would you have things delivered to the post office and have to go there to get them when that's the biggest joy of shopping online - home delivery?  I'm sorry they are treating you like that and I think I would be tempted to push the matter a little more and try to get to a supervisor on this one.  Their "resolution" of blaming you sucks.

What a crappy way to push the blame onto the victim.  Why would you have things delivered to the post office and have to go there to get them when that's the biggest joy of shopping online - home delivery?  I'm sorry they are treating you like that and I think I would be tempted to push the matter a little more and try to get to a supervisor on this one.  Their "resolution" of blaming you sucks.
Agreed. Blaming the customer is not a good look, unless the customer did something blatantly disrespectful, broke rules, etc.

I mean, she was polite about it, and phrased it as a suggestion for the future, like "this is what I do so I always get my mail" but come on. Why would I do that when I normally get all of my mail that's delivered? It was a way to deflect my complaint about not getting the Tocca, because the Tocca was in the original box, and apparently I would have got it if I picked up all my mail at the post office. But I think it was delivered to someone else or not delivered at all, so no. I also don't really believe that they have no Tocca samples left - if not Cleopatra, they must have some other scent. But I don't know if I want to waste my time on the phone with them AND USPS when there are more important things I should be doing. Bah.

I wonder if they offer less to people with year subscriptions when there are several months left, because it's not like you can rage cancel right away anyway?

I mean, she was polite about it, and phrased it as a suggestion for the future, like "this is what I do so I always get my mail" but come on. Why would I do that when I normally get all of my mail that's delivered? It was a way to deflect my complaint about not getting the Tocca, because the Tocca was in the original box, and apparently I would have got it if I picked up all my mail at the post office. But I think it was delivered to someone else or not delivered at all, so no. I also don't really believe that they have no Tocca samples left - if not Cleopatra, they must have some other scent. But I don't know if I want to waste my time on the phone with them AND USPS when there are more important things I should be doing. Bah.
that really sucks, they could have at least offered you points and been like "you can order it yourself with these"

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a happy ending for by Birchbox Plus items meaning.... they need to ship them to me! I emailed, again, asking for an update. I hope to not receive an answer back from my Birchbox BFF.
I finally got a shipping notice for my Jan Sweatshirt today! The tracking number isn't active yet, but at least it's progress. 

I finally got a shipping notice for my Jan Sweatshirt today! The tracking number isn't active yet, but at least it's progress. 
Congrats! I've got nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you get an email or did you find the tracking on your account page? Birchbox hates me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Update on my BB Plus items - They have no clue what is going on and where my stuff is. Which is weird since obvi others are receiving their items. The only person who has actually tried looking into it is Kirby, via FB. She offered to send me 2 deluxe samples from the Bonus Shop. I told her to pick 2 out and surprise me. 

Back