Birchbox June 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm I pretty much always find myself wanting the curated box and a mystery/sample choice. In the past I just bought the curated box- but they are starting to make it tricky to get them (like last month). Wondering if I should open a new account for the curated boxes... for people who do this- is it easy enough to get the curated box as a non Ace? Or are they usually "out of stock" by the regular day of sample choice?

Sakura33- It's hard to tell how popular a curated box will be or what BB plans to do with it.  Up until last month we could just buy it in the shop.  Then the BB powers that B decided it would only be available as gift with purchase of fifty dollars.  However there was a code floating around that allowed you to get it as your first box.  I haven't received an email about this yet but will post in this thread if it does exist- usually it's the name of the box. i.e. radiant. 

Although I am leaning towards the curated I wonder what happens if I do nothing.  It seemed like we are all getting a brow product and have the option of picking the color. If I don't pick the color are they just sending me a dark brown one because that's what I have on my profile? 

I think I will be getting the curated box maybe! For May it was one of the worst Birchboxs I have received, so I am a little bit scared to leave them to picking my other 4 samples if I pick the brow product. Also I really love that lip color!

Per comments on you-tube, someone said they sent BB a message asking if the curated would be available in the shop.  BB replied that they are having the curated as a GWP if you spend a certain amount just like last month.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ thanks for the info on the curated box. Yeah I messaged them and they told me it would be a gift with purchase too so probably have to spend $50 again for it, why I am going to try a new sub for it.

Hi guys!

Will they have a code for new subscribers to get the curated box as their first box? I'd consider re-subscribing if I was guaranteed the Davines products, I've wanted to try both the shampoo and all in one balm for some time now.

***UPDATE***
Just asked BB through live chat and received this response:

Zillah at the moment we have not released if we will have a promotional code for the June curated box for first time subscribers - but keep an eye on your email for any last minute updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ thanks for the info on the curated box. Yeah I messaged them and they told me it would be a gift with purchase too so probably have to spend $50 again for it, why I am going to try a new sub for it.
I feel like I really missed out on getting the curated box last month so guess its a second account for me. I really like the curated box for June but the regular box design is so pretty.

I ended up picking the brow gel. I like the curated box, but I picked that last month. I kind of like the surprise of not knowing every month.

I went with curated. I'm interested in everything in it, and May and April's "surprise" boxes were pretty disappointing selections for me.

But I will totally miss the anticipation and obsessive stalking of my box page!

Well I'm disappointed. I left mine to chance but I really should have just taken the curated. Mine is quite bad in my opinion.

Benefit gimme brow volumizing fiber gel- Really Birchbox? I didn't pick this for a reason! I'm assuming I'll at least get the color in light but It's really not something I can use (unless this color is totally different from the old one which I doubt). Sigh. 

Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint- I have so many unused Coola tubes that this seemed pretty lame to me at first. However I have since realized it's supposed to be tinted and dry down matte. It's also supposed to be unscented which is what I prefer for facial products. This may not be bad for no makeup days since I wear SPF everyday. 

Whish Shave Cream with Vitamin K- I don't dislike Whish but I wouldn't call shave cream exciting. At least it's useful (stares angrily at brow product).

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer- This was the only item I did not want out of the curated. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Night Cap Overnight Perfecter- I like hair products but the scent of Living Proof products tends to be strong. If I can tolerated the smell this might be alright.

Overall I really should have just went with the curated. I'm not really sure what magical items I was hoping for but it's not any of these!  Lesson learned. 

Here is my box:

image.png

Eh I'm a little meh, I think I have the eyeliner already. I just go the perfume in my Ipsy last month.

I'm pretty sure I've tried the shampoo and Coola in my other birchboxes.

I'm kicking myself right now. I have two subscriptions and picked the curated box for one of them. I already reviewed the Air Repair moisturizer from a previous box on that account, so my six-item box has only five items to review. I should have picked the curated box for the other account (darn!). Live and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my box:

image.png

Eh I'm a little meh, I think I have the eyeliner already. I just go the perfume in my Ipsy last month.

I'm pretty sure I've tried the shampoo and Coola in my other birchboxes.

As someone who works with electrical subcontractors from time to time I definitely would not want to smell like fat electrician! Curious about that one

I am back to 2 boxes since I like summer boxes the best

Box where I chose a brow shadeimage.jpeg

Complete random box

image.jpeg

Disappointed about 3 dupes but it not all bad. I have tried that congested serum before and liked it, excited for kiehls, and I am getting down to only a few dry shampoos so the texture spray might be ok

Back