Birchbox June 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the curated box as your first box using the code "MIGHTY" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'll resurrect one of my accounts for this and maybe resurrect the other as well using the lipgloss GWS code if the boxes start looking better.

My box shows the benefit brow stuff, parlor shampoo, laura gellar illuminator (excited to see this!), oribe moisturizing cream, and the evologie blemish serum, which I've always heard about and can't wait to try. Its a nice box but I was hoping for the beauty crop pbj smoothie stick, but never mind that if the laura gellar works out for me I'll definitely be happy.

Mine is:

Benefit gimme brow

Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Laura Geller New York Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator

Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner

I am happy about it, minus the blemish serum, as I don't really have an issue with that.

I decided to pick the brow fiber gel since my Anastasia brow gel is basically gone. Here's my box, I'm excited for the Avene Thermal Spring Water because my son just had a really bad eczema flare and I'm hoping this may help. My box matches my profile BUT I'm still not excited about the BB cream, and even though I've always wanted to try the Lavanila brand I'm not excited for sunscreen. I've also activated my 2nd account to make sure I'd receive the curated box because I really want the Davines products.

6-2-2016 6-49-49 AM.jpg

6-2-2016 6-50-02 AM.jpg

6-2-2016 6-50-12 AM.jpg

6-2-2016 6-50-22 AM.jpg

6-2-2016 6-50-38 AM.jpg

As someone who works with electrical subcontractors from time to time I definitely would not want to smell like fat electrician! Curious about that one
The notes on the fat electrician are: Haitian vetiver, chestnut cream, and olive leaves

The sample sizes are pretty generous. The one I tried from Ipsy was the same brand but called Remarkable People: sparkling champagne, jasmine, cardamom, grapefruit and sandalwood.

Here is my box:

image.png

Eh I'm a little meh, I think I have the eyeliner already. I just go the perfume in my Ipsy last month.

I'm pretty sure I've tried the shampoo and Coola in my other birchboxes.
It looks like the ARDENCY INN MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner comes in several colors, here's hoping I don't get another black liner. I have a black one from Glossybox already. Fingers crossed!

The perfume is actually a different scent from the one I got in my Ipsy bag last month, the scents are pretty unique and the samples are a good size, this is the item I'm most looking forward to trying.

I'm a little annoyed with the shampoo (and no matching conditioner). I've got shampoo (AND conditioner) consecutively in my last three boxes, June will be my fourth month in a row getting shampoo AND conditioner and I just got the volumizing Parlor shampoo (AND conditioner) in March, which is better suited for my hair type.

I've already tried the Coola eons ago in the cucumber but I guess since my item is the "white tea" scent that falls under the "different scent/color" according to Birchbox. Meh. Sample size sun screens are useful for my boyfriend when he has to work out door events at work. He's so pale and the tubes are usually small enough he can easily carry it in his pocket without much weight. But I get Birchbox for me and not for my BF to use my products. MEH!!

The brow gel stuff was my sample choice, I've already tried this item but we'll see about the new formula/shade.

If the liner is a cool color and the perfume smells good and the brow gel works well for me this would be a OK box. That's a lot for Birchbox to live up to, let's hope!

The notes on the fat electrician are: Haitian vetiver, chestnut cream, and olive leaves

The sample sizes are pretty generous. The one I tried from Ipsy was the same brand but called Remarkable People: sparkling champagne, jasmine, cardamom, grapefruit and sandalwood.
That's good at least it isn't back of truck cooler burritos and cigarettes

Are there any codes that are working? non-subscription codes, I'm looking for a % off. I got an email for comeback15off but thats not working.

The codes have been few and far between. They don't appear to send monthly anniversary codes any longer.

The only one I got recently was BIRTHDAY2016 and it's only $10/$50 and can only be used in your b-day month.

I've been getting anniversary codes on my accounts. I recently received a 21 month one.
I got a 10% off code a month or so ago, but it was only good for a few days.  I've also noticed that it is getting harder to find codes that work.  They had to be losing money on quite a few orders, between the points and % off codes people were getting stuff for free. 

I have wondered if companies pay them for the product reviews, since $1/review is a pretty generous points system.   

Just placed an order for HUM nutrition cleanse and a mesh BAGGU, plus got a MSP and the Nudestix blemish stick ($24 value).  All for $46 after I used my 100 points.   And. . my order bumped me up past 100 points again.  It seems like I almost always have a shop credit!  

I got my curated box today! I really love it- this is one of my favorite Birchboxes ever. The Davines is HUGE, the PB&J smoothie stick in Raisin' something or other is gorgeous, I got the eyeshadow crayon in Heavy Petal, which is a light rose gold, and the one I was most hoping to receive.

Definitely glad I went with curated this month!

My samples are:

Brigeo deep conditioning mask

cleanse and polish hot cloth cleaner

oribe spray

marcelle bb cream

gimme brow

Like this box!  except for the texturizing spray... have curly hair that I have to wet everyday. so dry shampoo does not work/

always excited for a facial cleanser.  so this box is a 4/5!

I'm getting the curated box on one account and the other account is getting this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 12.40.07 PM.png

Other than the shave cream and brow gel, I'm happy. I'm especially excited about the Oribe spray, always wanted to try it. 

Got my box today (pretty early this month, but I think that is because it was the curated box), and love it!

The Davines shampoo/body wash and the conditioner/facial cream is really unique. The shampoo/body wash smells really great (floral but nice, almost like nectar as the name of it says) and the bottle is super cute, can't wait to try it. If the conditioner/facial cream smells like that though, I will just use it on my hair because of the scent. The moisturizer seems nice, and I will probably use it tonight as a sleeping mask. I got the LOC Shadow Stick in heavy petal, and this product won't budge! The Nuxe gel makeup remover type product I will be gifting though, as it is too heavily scented for me. The PBJ Smoothie Stick is my favorite item in my box this month. The raisin shade is a perfect purple for me, as it has rosy undertones and is sheer, love it!

I loved my box this month so much! I would recommend anyone to pick it up if it is a gift with purchase promo or you can use your points on it, the only downside for me personally was the awful box design for it (seriously Birchbox, you guys usually have really cute boxes that I can reuse, but not this one)! :unsure:

I got my box yesterday & it is the heaviest Birchbox ever!  3 of the 5 samples are 1 fl oz or over - only the Benefit brow gel and the Coola sample were under an ounce. I will try everything in the box and I'm quite happy this month.  I got:

Benefit brow gel

Avene thermal spring water

Living Proof night cap overnight perfector

Parlor shampoo

Coola radical recovery after-sun lotion

And the box itself is really pretty this month.  Nice job Birchbox!

I just used the cheat code to see what my main box is going to be, and it's an okay one:

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow

Benefit Brow

I think I may have already gotten this hot cloth cleanser and the cloth in another box of mine...either PopSugar or FabFitFun? One of those had a similar product at least, so I can use the cloth from that one with this too which is good.

Kind of swimming in deep conditioning products right now. I'll just have to start using them. I'm bummed not to get the Smoothie Stick, but I waited to order with my second account just in case, so I was able to grab the other box with it which worked out perfectly.

All in all I think these are good products though and will use them!

Back