Birchbox March 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that leaving it to chance gives me the best boxes. I might go for the Milk lip color. I'm interested in trying the brand.

UGH I get shampoo and conditioner in every box already and I don't use shampoo and conditioner! I have gotten all the sample choice options offered already in my boxes except the new Parlor volumizing shampoo so I know if  I leave it up to chance I will get that and I HATE volumizing shampoos because they are always drying. Why couldn't they have offered a non-shampoo option too? I bet I will get a box with all hair products because that is what I despise the most, lol.

Birchbox hates me and really wants me to quit. LOL well they will get their wish once my gift sub ends. I was looking at my boxes from a few years back and they used to be soooo good- lots of makeup and deluxe sample sizes, not all these tiny bottles and packets. Sigh. I guess good things always come to an end.

It's like they want me to cancel. Shampoo... Really.

I admit the featured box looks ok. I am curious about that milk lipstick. I just wouldn't pay $10 for that box in the store so I have to be honest. I think I'm just sampled out. This is my last sub box left. I found an ebook subscription that is like Netflix for books and I'm very tempted to give them my money instead. Hours of fun for 8.99, plus no clutter!
Feeling the same about the samples choices, going to go with the curated box even though I would agree I wouldn't pay $10 for it.

I might stay on another month because I have 57 points still in my account. I'm looking at it like The 50 points from the next box will make the box a free extra with me spending $10 on something I want in the shop.

I don't mind trying new shampoo and conditioner IF they aren't tiny foils that aren't even enough for one use, like those Davines and (forgive me for saying it 'cause the product was awful) Beaver ones they sent out awhile back that were little travel-size bottles. (I have really long curly hair)

Strange thing I've found with these subs is that if you say you DON'T use a product, they must just assume it's because you just have found the 'right' one yet. At least it seems that way, because when you choose that option (I don't use X') for something it seems you will see it in EVERY flippin' box they send. (At least that's my opinion based on a marketing perspective, from which I am pretty sure most of these quizzes really are just data mining...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also went ahead and cancelled. I kept putting it off for one more month and I really don't need any more beauty products. Every little bit helps when you are trying to save.

Also, the day after I posted about the ebook sub they changed their policy. In mid March they are limited to 3 books and 1 audiobook per month and some unlimited titles. Of course as soon as I joined they changed it! At least it is unlimited for my 2 week trial. I've been reading about 15 books a month lately so I thought I found heaven without a line. Heaven remains in the library.

I choose the featured box too. I am so overwhelmed with hair products already. They have these sample choices over and over again, don't they have anything else?

I am ACE for both boxes but I do not get ACE emails on time. I didn't get to choose for the past months, despite emailing BB customer service handful of times. Grrr.

I choose the featured box too. I am so overwhelmed with hair products already. They have these sample choices over and over again, don't they have anything else?

I am ACE for both boxes but I do not get ACE emails on time. I didn't get to choose for the past months, despite emailing BB customer service handful of times. Grrr.
If you just go here the day that they say Aces will have sample choice, you can make your choice: https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/next-month

You can even set a calendar reminder if it's important to you.

I picked the Parlor shampoo and conditioner for my main account, I hope that means we get points for both and get a 6 item box. I chose the featured box for my second account.

i reserved the curated box. Not super exciting but really dont want another shampoo sample! I just got the grapefruit one and have gotten both the amika and the No4 before. ok with my decision to drop my second box after seeing how these have been. the pys is something should get  excited about, the best of the month's choices! how can that be shampoos!

Picked the curated box as well, first time I have done that in awhile. Everything in the box is perfect for me, and I really can't wait to try out the eyeshadow quad and the lipstick!

Back