Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not excited about any of the pys options or the curated box.  I cancelled my two accounts last month - and was waiting for a 100 points code.  But, honestly, I don't think I would sign back up this month even with a code.  I'm just not tempted by any of it.  I'll see what June looks like...
I just cancelled my account, too.  I considered hanging around another month but man are May's options dreadful!  Didn't make the choice hard at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't watch the video until just now, so I didn't realize that the sea spray smelled like Hello.  I only like HP's Yogini, so I'm actually probably going to skip this month too.  I'd rather spent the $10 towards something at Sephora! 

I didn't watch the video until just now, so I didn't realize that the sea spray smelled like Hello.  I only like HP's Yogini, so I'm actually probably going to skip this month too.  I'd rather spent the $10 towards something at Sephora! 
ohhh, I didn't know it came scented - I was at work and I had the sound off.   I actually like Hello, as there is no rose or jasmine in it, so I will be okay with this one

The HP sea salt spray is tempting because I love sea salt sprays and I love the scent of Hello, but the sample is so tiny!  My Jouer from this month is barely big enough for me to stick my finger in.

I think I'm going to end up with the Macadamia hair oil.  It'll be good for my frizzies in the summer.
That Macadamia oil is actually the full size product. I saw it in Ulta today and it retails for $13.95.

This will definitely be my PYS ;)

2015-04-17 21.44.23.jpg

I wasn't thrilled with the choices either but I think I def will get the HP sea salt spray and the BS box. I'm not too hot on the other choices but I have a feeling these products will make there way into other boxes even if we don't "pick them."

I looooove sea salt sprays, but that sample she's holding in the video looks mad tiny....not to mention that after all the shade I've thrown, and all my public kvetching about the brand, I'm not sure I could purposefully choose a Harvey Prince product without causing some kind of cosmic rupture that would knock the Earth off its axis and careen wildly towards the sun...

....and I just don't want that to be on ME, ya know?

Ooh, I wanted the sea salt spray until I saw it was Hello scented. Nope.
I have several of the Macadamia Oil products, and while I really like what they do to my hair, something in them makes my scalp hive up and itch. Stupid sensitive skin.

The other two and curated box just don't interest me enough to pick, so it looks like a random box for me!
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh, I wanted the sea salt spray until I saw it was Hello scented. Nope.

I have several of the Macadamia Oil products, and while I really like what they do to my hair, something in them makes my scalp hive up and itch. Stupid sensitive skin.

The other two and curated box just don't interest me enough to pick, so it looks like a random box for me!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't use any Macadamia products, either, because they make me itch, especially the Organix brand Macadamia Oil line.  Turns out I'm allergic.  Oh, well, plenty of other hair oils out there....

I can't use any Macadamia products, either, because they make me itch, especially the Organix brand Macadamia Oil line.  Turns out I'm allergic.  Oh, well, plenty of other hair oils out there....
Oh sorry about that. Can you eat macadamia nuts?

I just cancelled my account, too.  I considered hanging around another month but man are May's options dreadful!  Didn't make the choice hard at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Also canceling this month. I've decided its better for me to save the $20 for my two BB monthly subscriptions and subscribe to something better... quality and quantity wise. Any suggestions for "better" subscriptions? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also canceling this month. I've decided its better for me to save the $20 for my two BB monthly subscriptions and subscribe to something better... quality and quantity wise. Any suggestions for "better" subscriptions? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
it only comes out quarterly and it is only for Joeur products, but Jouer has Le Matchbox box - and it is really nice - $45.00 and over $150.00 worth of products - check out the thread here

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/136497-le-matchbox-jouer-quarterly-subscription-spoilers/

I was thinking, I don't like the real chemistry product, in general, I hate the exfoliators that you have rub on your face and the little bits of skin get all balled up in your hair. It grosses me out to use those types of products but, I ran a color me rad 5k yesterday and my feet were in need of a little tlc so I used the last bit of my real chemistry peel on my heels and feet and it really makes my feet feel great, nice and soft and like they were professionally pedicured.  

So while I don't think I'll select this item for my PYS, if it shows up in my boxes I won't be too mad about it.

I liked Boxycharm, too, but recently canceled that, as well.  My one box that seems the most consistent is Glossybox. Last May we even got an Alex and Ani bracelet in the box, too.  Crossing my fingers we get another jewelry treat this month.  I think it runs about $20 a month, as well and you get a lot of full sized items.

I am letting my BB sub expire and I won't be renewing.  I hardly ever use anything I get out of it and now have a hoard of tiny makeup samples of stuff I am just not excited about.  I will use them for travel, but that's it.  At this point I could travel around the world and still have stuff left. :drive:   I'd rather pay an extra $10 and get full sized items.  The value just isn't there for me with BB.  

I really like Boxycharm! $21 for full sized products.
I am impatiently waiting for my first Boxycharm box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope to receive the Ofra blush stripes and the ModelCo lipgloss.

What did you get this month?

I too am having second thoughts about BB, the only reasons I stick around are the amazing points system, the store has many products that I use, and recently the cute box designs.

I agree that samples are getting smaller and poorly selected, I hardly use maximum %40 of my boxes in a good month :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking, I don't like the real chemistry product, in general, I hate the exfoliators that you have rub on your face and the little bits of skin get all balled up in your hair. It grosses me out to use those types of products but, I ran a color me rad 5k yesterday and my feet were in need of a little tlc so I used the last bit of my real chemistry peel on my heels and feet and it really makes my feet feel great, nice and soft and like they were professionally pedicured.  

So while I don't think I'll select this item for my PYS, if it shows up in my boxes I won't be too mad about it.
That's a great idea to use this on your feet!

I'm not a fan of the chemistry peel either. I do like the macadamia oil, but I already have a large bottle of hair oil ... so I think I'm going to do the curated box. At least I know that I won't be getting the Beaver (or any other) shampoo and conditioner with that one! I missed them last month, so I feel like going with a PYS or leaving it to chance this month is just asking for it!

Back