Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with those who are a bit disappointed this month. I had a disappointing box last month too... Beaver shampoo, body wipes, and Hello body butter.

I've tried the macadamia oil and it's nice but doesn't do a lot for my hair. Looks like I'll go with "random" this month. Not a great stretch for BB and May is my bday month too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just subscribed again. Birchbox sent me an email with sample choice, and I want the Harvey Prince Sea Salt Spray. Then I saw the cream and gold box, and that was it. 

Is it just me or do the BB Plus necklaces look cheap and not worth $24? I am seriously disappointed. :wassatt:
I just shook my head at the comment about how if your necklace "wears out" it means your wish will come true. Is that sales speak for, "Yes, this is a crap product and it is going to break, but don't worry, we'll tell you your wish will come true so you don't feel so bad about wasting $24"?

I just shook my head at the comment about how if your necklace "wears out" it means your wish will come true. Is that sales speak for, "Yes, this is a crap product and it is going to break, but don't worry, we'll tell you your wish will come true so you don't feel so bad about wasting $24"?
But you will be making some little girl happy when she finds the charm in the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT....but I just found out that Birchbox has to start charging tax on California orders.  I had exactly $50 worth of merchandise in my cart and then at checkout tax got added.  Of course they wanted to round up to use an extra $10 worth of points.   I cancelled the order but haven't been back to shop around yet.

It is going to make it much harder for me to round up my points easily so I don't waste too many.  :wacko:

I want to take advantage of the extra point offer now but every time I find something I want, it's sold out.  What are you all getting?

Just FYI, in case I'm the only one who didn't originally read the fine print. It's only 70 extra points, not 100. I was planning on using that code yesterday but changed my mind when I realized the 100 points comes from the 30 points you would automatically get from a $30 order.

Just FYI, in case I'm the only one who didn't originally read the fine print. It's only 70 extra points, not 100. I was planning on using that code yesterday but changed my mind when I realized the 100 points comes from the 30 points you would automatically get from a $30 order.
I did not read the fine print.  That's disappointing!

I had to contact them too.  The email was misleading.   :rolleyes:

I want to take advantage of the extra point offer now but every time I find something I want, it's sold out.  What are you all getting?
I only had that happened to me once. I was put on a waiting list for suki but decided not to get full-sized after my sample dried out completely. I am not responsible enough to remember to screw the cap on tightly.

I only had that happened to me once. I was put on a waiting list for suki but decided not to get full-sized after my sample dried out completely. I am not responsible enough to remember to screw the cap on tightly.
My first suki sample dried out, and when I got another in a pick two, every time I used it I thought "Close it tightly, so it doesn't dry out."  It still dried out and that sealed the deal for me to not buy it.  If I'm not strong enough to close a sample tightly, no sense in buying a full size.  :blush:

The collaboration is with blogger Emily Schuman, of Cupcakes and Cashmere. I Adore her site! YAY! Good choice BB!

https://www.birchbox.com/magazine/article/may-2015-birchbox-emily-schuman-cupcakes-and-cashmere
This makes me so happy. I saw a different name on another forum. It was some really boring blogger I had never heard of before. But I love Emily. I'm sure she will pick out great stuff. I think I'm going with the BS on the main account and leaving the other one up to chance.

So was the box she explained in the video the may curated box? :blink:
I was confused by this as well. I watched it twice. It seems like she is doing for May what Rifle Paper did for April. If you don't pick the curated Beauty Solutions Box, you get the Cupcakes and Cashmere box, which will have one or more of her picks. 

I had thought it was odd last month that Rifle Paper was selecting products for the April box. (But I was beyond thrilled with the beautiful box.)

It makes much more sense that Emily will be making product selections. Hopefully she will have some interesting picks of new products. I love checking out her "five favorite things" on her blog and even bought an amazing electric tea kettle I cannot live without.

Latest posts

Back