Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me all the face stuff!  This is a good PYS month for me, the only one I don't really want is the Amika.  I like their products, it's just that my hair is short enough that it doesn't really need heavy conditioning.  I still have three accounts (I keep meaning to drop one, but all the tasty, tasty point codes...) so I'll probably pick the tea mask, the juice beauty peel, and leave the third as a surprise, unless the curated box is awesome. 

I got an email last week, warning me that on Nov 1st my account would automatically re-subscribe me at the yearly $110. I couldn't figure out how to go to month-to-month without canceling, so I emailed info@@Birchbox and asked them to move me to month-to-month. Yesterday. they replied with an email that sounded like they canceled me, warning that I would lose my Ace status and other benefits. I emailed back asking them to please keep me subscribed month-to-month, and that I don't want to cancel. *fingers crossed*

I seem to be active for now, but I really hope they can get this figured out for me before anything goes wrong.

I cancel and subscribe every month and I never lose my ace status?  I don't think you even have to have a sub to become ace. 

I got an email last week, warning me that on Nov 1st my account would automatically re-subscribe me at the yearly $110. I couldn't figure out how to go to month-to-month without canceling, so I emailed info@@Birchbox and asked them to move me to month-to-month. Yesterday. they replied with an email that sounded like they canceled me, warning that I would lose my Ace status and other benefits. I emailed back asking them to please keep me subscribed month-to-month, and that I don't want to cancel. *fingers crossed*

I seem to be active for now, but I really hope they can get this figured out for me before anything goes wrong.

IF I get to pick a sample this month, I think I want the Royal Apothic, or Juice Beauty peel. 

The bodywash would be my last choice, just because I don't really like anything lemon-y scented. It always reminds me of Lemon Pledge. Bleh. 

Kinda indifferent to the existence of the hair mask. 

Last edited by a moderator:
oh the Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask really interests me!!  I know what I am getting!  I hope november's box is MUCH better than my dismal October box. 

Sooooooo random... I was just on the BB shop doing some casual browsing (weekly occurrence for me) and I saw an orange banner at the top of the screen that said "Thanks for being a subscriber.. we have a present for you" or something along those lines. I clicked on it and it brought me to this page: http://join.birchbox.com/wkeychain/

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 1.44.27 PM.png

I wasn't actually planning on purchasing anything today, and I'm not even 100% sure I want this keychain (wish it didn't say "Birchbox" on it haha), but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Seems like it will ship for free without even purchasing anything? Has this happened to anyone else? Does that link work for everyone else?

Edit: Here is the product page: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12705

$15 lol  -- also, maybe this is ACE only? Not sure.. item page says it is for "long-time subscribers." Kindof a thoughtful gesture.. I like it. 

I'm leaning towards the Amika hair mask. I really like the No 4 mask - has anyone used both and can compare?

Not excited about anything in the spoiler, really... I already had the Soap, not Radio Body Wash in one of my boxes and didn't care for it and the rest of the items I don't need because I have sooo much skincare at home :/ oh well, I guess it's going to be a no-pick month for me. And that might be a good thing because my last couple of boxes were underwhelming to say the least.

I was almost afraid to watch the video since I imagine between the referral crowd and the aces, everything will be sold out by the time my email comes. There is nothing I particularly want or feel the need to avoid (like glitter eyeliner). The only thing in the video that interested me was the nail polish the blonde was wearing. 

IF I get to pick a sample this month, I think I want the Royal Apothic, or Juice Beauty peel. 

The bodywash would be my last choice, just because I don't really like anything lemon-y scented. It always reminds me of Lemon Pledge. Bleh. 

Kinda indifferent to the existence of the hair mask. 
For what it's worth, I don't like lemon-y scented stuff either, but I liked Not Soap Radio smell. It's not Pledge king of lemon-y, it smells sweet and slightly fruity to me.

None of the items from the video are must-haves for me, and I haven't been thrilled with my PYS boxes lately, so I think I'll leave this one up to fate! I might be tempted by the curated box, but we'll see. I'm actually kind of excited to leave it a total surprise.

I have. I like them both, but I prefer the Amika. It's a little thinner in consistency, but it leaves my hair soft and healthy feeling. I didn't think that the Number 4 mask made as big of a difference.
I've sampled both and purchased the Amika. I color treat my hair every 2 months and take good care of my hair. But this time of year (late September) my hair and skin goes nuts and dries out almost overnight. I use the Amika mask every week until January or later and it makes a big difference.

Sooooooo random... I was just on the BB shop doing some casual browsing (weekly occurrence for me) and I saw an orange banner at the top of the screen that said "Thanks for being a subscriber.. we have a present for you" or something along those lines. I clicked on it and it brought me to this page: http://join.birchbox.com/wkeychain/

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 1.44.27 PM.png

I wasn't actually planning on purchasing anything today, and I'm not even 100% sure I want this keychain (wish it didn't say "Birchbox" on it haha), but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Seems like it will ship for free without even purchasing anything? Has this happened to anyone else? Does that link work for everyone else?

Edit: Here is the product page: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12705

$15 lol -- also, maybe this is ACE only? Not sure.. item page says it is for "long-time subscribers." Kindof a thoughtful gesture.. I like it.
I got an email about this on my second acount that I've had around two years.. I placed an order for it with a 40% off item. Hmm it's probably in my mailbox, I'll have to look later today. It took the cost off when I checked out. Interestingly Enough, when I first clicked on it from the email, it had linked up in my browser to my main account that I was already logged into and it did not take it off at the checkout (that's when I realized it was for my other account). My first account I've had four years I think and I've recieved the keychain and a makeup bag before, but not an email about this. I didn't get either of those items for my second account.

Back