Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent a slightly scathing email and feel somewhat bad about it, but I'm so irritated. I was told a few days ago my order was still being packed at the warehouse and would ship soon, and today I got the same response from someone different, though I felt like it was very dismissive. I responded very to-the-point:

"Jamie,

Thank you for emailing me back as it's appreciated; however, I don't feel like the responses I keep getting are good enough. I placed this order when everything was listed in stock and Birchbox policy is to ship full-sized

orders within two business days. This order was submitted 14 days ago.

I'd like to know what's holding it up. Is it the pick 2? If so, just take it off so the other items will ship. If it's the bag, just cancel it and I'll take a refund on that so the scrub and pick 2 can ship. Whatever the hold up, I feel like I'm entitled to know so I can decide whether I want to keep waiting or just cancel everything.

I understand the warehouse move has caused numerous problems, but I alsodon't think Birchbox has handled some of these inventory and shipping issues properly. Items should not be listed on the website if they're not available to customers. Period.

Please tell me what's holding up my order and please don't beat around the bush and say it's still being packed. At this point, that answer is just

not good enough.

Brooke"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent a slightly scathing email and feel somewhat bad about it, but I'm so irritated. I was told a few days ago my order was still being packed at the warehouse and would ship soon, and today I got the same response from someone different, though I felt like it was very dismissive. I responded very to-the-point:

"Jamie,

Thank you for emailing me back as it's appreciated; however, I don't feel like the responses I keep getting are good enough. I placed this order when everything was listed in stock and Birchbox policy is to ship full-sized

orders within two business days. This order was submitted 14 days ago.

I'd like to know what's holding it up. Is it the pick 2? If so, just take it off so the other items will ship. If it's the bag, just cancel it and I'll take a refund on that so the scrub and pick 2 can ship. Whatever the hold up, I feel like I'm entitled to know so I can decide whether I want to keep waiting or just cancel everything.

I understand the warehouse move has caused numerous problems, but I alsodon't think Birchbox has handled some of these inventory and shipping issues properly. Items should not be listed on the website if they're not available to customers. Period.

Please tell me what's holding up my order and please don't beat around the bush and say it's still being packed. At this point, that answer is just

not good enough.

Brooke"
Great e-mail! I feel your pain when it comes to BB, I hate that they beat around the bush or when they say "I will contact the warehouse."

Just no, that is not okay, why do they very rarely have a definite response to these simple issues?

Anyone else having issues placing an order? I'm trying to from my iPad so I can use the mobile20 code and it's not going through. I'm slightly hesitant though considering all the problems but it's for my mom!

Anyone else having issues placing an order? I'm trying to from my iPad so I can use the mobile20 code and it's not going through. I'm slightly hesitant though considering all the problems but it's for my mom!
Unless they changed it recently, the mobile20 code works on desktop computers too, I used it before already and don't use the mobile app.  How much is in your cart ($)?  I know it had a minimum spending required to use it.  

Unless they changed it recently, the mobile20 code works on desktop computers too, I used it before already and don't use the mobile app.  How much is in your cart ($)?  I know it had a minimum spending required to use it.  
I'm laughing at myself and cursing BB at the same time.  Apparently, BB does not have the 'technology' in place to tell you when something is wrong with any part of your payment information when you are checking out, it just throws the error. So if your billing address, or card number is wrong it just says there was an an error in processing your request and to check back.   Sadly, I've had this happen before and I called CS about it! LOL.  I thought that I had updated it but apparently not.  #fail     So there is the answer, and hopefully that helps someone in the future!  

I made two orders on 4/25. One was the IFB box and the other was a palette. I waited until Tuesday to message on FB asking about when I would get a shipping notification. They replied back that they would ship in a couple days. I messaged again on Friday and within a half an hour, I had shipping emails. I just checked them for the first time a bit ago, and they are active. It says they'll be delivered by Tuesday. I seriously have way better luck sending a FB message than sending an email.

I placed an order on 4/8 that included a gift subscription for my mom so that she would get it in time for Mother's Day and her birthday which is today. My part came pretty quickly. She got an email on 4/9 that hers was shipping and she made an account and did the profile. Nothing for weeks. But April was having tons of shipping issues so I wrote it off as that. Then 4/18 I placed another order. That was a bad day to order for everybody apparently. I emailed them about the gift sub and they said they would look into it. I got the 100 point email so I called to see if it was for my order or the gift order. It was for mine and she said the system for the gift subs was down but she would email me when it was up. Part of my order shipped minus some dry shampoo and the pick two according to the email. When the box came the dry shampoo was included but is still showing as not shipped on my account. Then I got the pick two a few days later. Still hadn't heard about the gift sub so I emailed again. I got a reply saying it was shipping soon and 100 more points. 4/29 I finally got a shipping email and today the tracking actually started working. It just left Fishers IN. Hopefully. I just really hate that my mom has been waiting for it since she got the email on 4/9 and now today is her birthday and still nothing.
Sorry to theat that, its crazy how long they are taking to ship that order.

I ordered 3 IFB boxes on Sunday and so far  i have only gotten shipping for 2. Im ok since those are the ones for my Mom and Mil, but I want my box too. I send them an email but have not heard back from them yet.

I ordered 3 IFB boxes on Sunday and so far  i have only gotten shipping for 2. Im ok since those are the ones for my Mom and Mil, but I want my box too. I send them an email but have not heard back from them yet.
i'm still waiting on a shipping number for the bloom box too. i already contacted them on facebook about this and if i get a canned message i think i'll go off. maybe.  it's been at least two business days and i didn't get any memo about it being backordered or anything.  

Ok..so not to complain about 31 points, but..does this make sense?

8 $0.00 -31 Refund: Backordered beautyblender 5/2/14 6:03 PM

39 $0.00 -100 Redeemed for order #105271402. 4/29/14 1:21 PM

They gave me a refund as store credit for $31 (which IS on my account), but why in the world would they take 31 points from me, too? 

They gave me a refund as store credit for $31 (which IS on my account), but why in the world would they take 31 points from me, too?
Maybe it's the points that you got for purchasing?

I think because those are the points you earned by purchasing the beautyblender? If you purchased it, anyway, if you used GCs or points then it doesn't make sense. 

Maybe it's the points that you got for purchasing?
I think because those are the points you earned by purchasing the beautyblender? If you purchased it, anyway, if you used GCs or points then it doesn't make sense. 
Ahh that's it! Thank you!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The refund process is so weird with the points/discounts..never know if I'm really getting the right amount back! 

They have a seriously weird refund process! I don't understand why they don't just give it all back on your credit card or in store credit. A couple of weeks ago they gave me 57 points back when I had used 200 points on my purchase and they gave the rest back between my card and store credit.

Last week I was refunded for part of my order because it was out of stock. Today, all those items shipped!

I already spent the refunded points/credit AND this has happened once before woth all the warehouse issues. I've basically used the same points three times..

This makes me kinda worried.  I placed an order that resulted in me only paying in points.  I did the free 2 day ship since I am "Aces," therefore it would arrive technically on 5/6.  It's 5/5 and I have yet to get a shipping notice and my purchase is still "processing." 

This makes me kinda worried.  I placed an order that resulted in me only paying in points.  I did the free 2 day ship since I am "Aces," therefore it would arrive technically on 5/6.  It's 5/5 and I have yet to get a shipping notice and my purchase is still "processing."
I'd call, especially if it's something you need right away. Make sure the items are actually in stock. The last time I picked the free two day shipping it took over 2 weeks for everything to ship lol

I placed an order last night and actually paid for two day shipping because I need the items for the weekend. Still no shipping notice.

Last week I was refunded for part of my order because it was out of stock. Today, all those items shipped!

I already spent the refunded points/credit AND this has happened once before woth all the warehouse issues. I've basically used the same points three times..
Great deal for you!! Was that for your 4/18 order? They're going to learn a very expensive lesson from all these issues, but kinda serves them right. They need a better system for tracking inventory. Enjoy your goodies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My two orders from 4/25 are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but they have been busy today making stops in several towns in Missouri, so I don't know if I see it happening. At least they're on the move.

Latest posts

Back