Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I usually don't wear blush. The one I have is really old and I don't use anymore. Recently I went to Wal-Mart to look for a pretty blush. To my disappointment I found nothing. They had a very limited selection and all the colors look like they would be totally wrong on me. I'm sort of new to the whole high-end makeup scene, but would like to try a high end blush. I have fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. I need some recommendations for a nice fairly reasonable powder blush. I would also like to try a gel blush. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

I've never been able to pull blush off, either. My "natural rosy glow" is currently coming from BeneFit's Dandelion, which isn't as pigmented as most "blushes," but is just supposed to brighten your face. On me, it gives me a better rosy glow than any blush I've ever tried.

I also love (low-end) Jane's Blushing Cheeks in "Blushing Earth." It's a peachy-pink neutral blush, and I never would have thought it would work on me, but the peach neutralizes my already-very-pink skin.

I've actually heard lots of good things about Jane blushes being high-quality and good pigment for a drugstore brand. You might want to give them a try - there's a variety of shades.

As for gel blushes, my personal favorite is now discontinued, I believe. It was L'Oreal Translucide Gel Blush. Very pretty. I'm sure there are some high-ends that are like it, though.

Hope you find something that works for you!
smile.gif

Hey there, Fairy! The blushes I've tried lately that I like the most are: -Stila's blush in "rose" for lightish colored skin (a beautiful deep pink that goes on light and layers well for a super pretty glow) -Avon's version of Tarte cheeck stain, I think it's called "tint" (this is a rosey look) -and surprise of all surprises, Bonne Bell makes some great gel blushes! (just a dab is needed and if you check out all the shades, one will be right for you) -My all-time favorite is Revlon's Skinlights tinted lotion. This is a creamy blush/lotion that glows and gives you a lightly bronzed look- great for golden skin tones. I love the look of the gel blushes and the powder ones too! The gel ones tend to give a glow, while the powder ones lend softness to the skin. Only one of the blushes I've listed above is considered high end, but I have yet to try the highly reputed Nars blushes and the pigmented blushes (mineral) so those ones are on my "to do" list!

Latest posts

Back