Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner or Stila Smudge Pots

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's everyone's favourite gel eyeliner? I've yet to try either but i will be buying one in the next few weeks!

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

p750698r200.jpg

Stila Smudgepots

st_S0G501_200.jpg

oh Laura, here's one I can actually answer.

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

p750698r200.jpg

i tried the smudge pots & thought they were ok, but quickly realized that BB is far superior. for me it glided on easier & wore much better. granted Stila's IS a smudge product, but i could do that w/a powder e/s instead. i ended up taking it back b/c when when i tried to remove it, it took TOO much effort (tugging & pulling) for me to deem worthy.

HTH!
smile.gif

Honestly, I haven't tried either... but I've heard a lot of good things about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner... so I'm going to have to go with that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Especially after seeing what KeaLoah just posted, I'm not big on smudging or loose eyeliners. I was thinking of getting one of the Bobbi Brown's soon... dying to try it out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Cool, thanks for the advice girlies! Looks like i'll be investing in the BB Gel Eyeliner so
biggrin.gif

Yeah.. Me too~ I just wish it came with the brush... LOL Oh hell, what was I thinking!?!? Spend $20 on a little pot of eyeliner and expect to get a brush for FREE!?!?!? Wow! Where was MY mind!?!? LOL

I've tried both, and I prefer the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner because it goes on easier. Both last the same amount of time for me.

However, considering the price difference is $2, I'll be buying the rest of my gel liners from Bobbi Brown. I'm dying for Sepia Ink and Violet Ink!

I have the Bobbi Brown one but I haven't tried Stila so unfortunately I can't compare. I do like the Bobbi Brown gel liner. It works well.

I have not bought the Bobby Brown yet. I use Mac. My only issue with Mac is that it might fade after a couple of hours. Does BB stay on put for 8hrs?

Of the two, I prefer Bobbi Brown. I have a few already and just bought Sapphire Shimmer the other day. It's a great shade of blue and stayed put all day. I've had some of my colors for years, and they are still great. Most of the Stila shades that I had dried out very quickly and became too cakey to apply easily.

BB hands down is much better than stila. i first started using BB's gel eyeliner and was shocked at it's lasting power through heat, sweat, and water. i purchased some stila eye pots thinking they would be similar quality, and they definitely weren't. i touched my stila smudgepot ONCE and never touched it again. stick with BB.

Latest posts

Back