Body Brushing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body Brushing Did you know that you can eliminate up to half a pound of toxins through the simple process of body brushing? You are probably wondering if you read that properly, yes up to half a pound of toxins! Your skin is one of the largest elimination organs in your body and this elimination process can be aided through diet, exercise and by incorporating this body brushing process into a daily routine. This is one part of a grooming regime that is both healthy and quick with almost instant results. Body brushing or dry-skin brushing as it is also known as, takes just 5 minutes every day before your bath or shower. Once a day will be effective but if you get the chance to do it twice a day it will optimise the results even more so. So set yourself a "New Month Resolution" see just how easy it is to stick to! Body brushing will help to stimulate circulation, reduce cellulite, remove dead skin layers, stimulate glands and also make the skin softer and smoother. Its benefits are of course complemented by a healthy diet low in the likely suspects of processed foods, alcohol, caffeine salt and of course promoted by the old adage of drinking lots and lots of water. There is also the other brilliant advantage to Body brushing - it is extremely cheap once you have bought your brush! To begin with you need to invest in a good bristle brush specifically designed for this purpose. The dry-skin brush resembles a bath brush but the bristles must be made from natural fibres so they don't scratch the skin. It also makes sense if the handle is long so that you can reach all areas of your body properly. Always make sure your skin is dry beforehand otherwise the brush will stretch the skin and it won't be as beneficial. For each stroke make sure you are essentially brushing towards the heart. Starting with the soles of the feet brush from the toes to the heels. Continuing up the leg from the ankles use long strokes up towards the knee, as far as each thigh. For the buttocks area where most of the toxins are deposited, brush crossways from the inside-out of each cheek so that your moving the toxins towards the lymph's to be drained rather than moving the toxins aimlessly around the body. From underneath the breastbone brush to the middle of the stomach doing the same on the other side then continue this down the stomach to the hip bone finishing off with a circular movement around the belly button. Do this 3 times. Use light strokes over and around the breasts avoiding the nipple area (yes by all accounts there could be a slight ouch factor here!). Reach around to your back and brush upwards. Then finally brush from your hands up to the top of the arms. Complete the overall body brushing a few times. As you get to be a more accomplished "brusher" you will know how hard you can brush your skin without it being uncomfortable and presumably as the days go on you'll be able to be a bit more vigorous with your strokes. The improvement in your skin will be visible in a matter of days and hopefully you can wave bye-bye to cellulite or at least see it reduced! Remember to steer clear of broken or sensitive skin. To keep your brush in good condition, try never to get it wet as this softens the fibres and makes the brush less effective. Try instead pouring a bottle of concentrated tea tree oil into a spray-water canister and fill the rest of the bottle with water, spritz the brush 2 or 3 times a week with the diluted tea-tree oil and leave to dry. The tea-tree oil will act as an anti-bacterial device. Happy Brushing! Taken from fashion.ie

half a pound of toxins sounds pretty gross. lol. i dont know that running a brush over my arse will make it less lumpy......i mean, wouldnt everybody be arse brushing constantly if it worked? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks for posting!
smile.gif

LOL!! I guess then it would be okay to scratch your arse in public, claiming it to be a "target treatment".

Thanks for the interesting post! I used to have one of those brushes around the house...maybe I'll be able to find it and give m'self a good brushin'.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse half a pound of toxins sounds pretty gross. lol. i dont know that running a brush over my arse will make it less lumpy......i mean, wouldnt everybody be arse brushing constantly if it worked? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
thanks for posting!
smile.gif

It really livens up the arse region especially if you sit on it all day like me lol. I have a natural bristle brush and sometimes i will brush my legs to boost the circulation and it really is effective. I have no cellulite anymore and i smoke and drink loads of tea all day so i should be full of toxins but its one of those things that you just forget to do as its very time consuming. Did you know that if you rub the soles of the feet with garlic that about an hour later, your breath will smell of it ? The skin is an amazing organ and it just shows how things function.

I really enjoy my daily body brushing sessions. I really notice a luminous glow to my skin. I find it particulary helpful when i am premenstral as it is amazing for dispersing water retention. Some days i really give my skin a good brisk brush which is brilliant for the circulation and other times when my skin is extra sensitive i just lightly brush in long stokes. Its true about body brushing being great for eliminating toxins, because i find that you can actually improve the shape of your legs and arms helping to keep them smooth and lean. Another thing i like to do (though not religiously) is to splash cold water on my body after the body brushing, it really tones the skin and makes you feel energised. I sometimes get a swollen right ankle, which i injured years ago and i know if i spend 5 minites brushing the foot and ankle it really takes the swelling down.

Quote:
Body Brushing

Did you know that you can eliminate up to half a pound of toxins through the simple process of body brushing? You are probably wondering if you read that properly, yes up to half a pound of toxins! Your skin is one of the largest elimination organs in your body and this elimination process can be aided through diet, exercise and by incorporating this body brushing process into a daily routine.

This is one part of a grooming regime that is both healthy and quick with almost instant results. Body brushing or dry-skin brushing as it is also known as, takes just 5 minutes every day before your bath or shower. Once a day will be effective but if you get the chance to do it twice a day it will optimise the results even more so. So set yourself a "New Month Resolution" see just how easy it is to stick to!

Body brushing will help to stimulate circulation, reduce cellulite, remove dead skin layers, stimulate glands and also make the skin softer and smoother. Its benefits are of course complemented by a healthy diet low in the likely suspects of processed foods, alcohol, caffeine salt and of course promoted by the old adage of drinking lots and lots of water. There is also the other brilliant advantage to Body brushing - it is extremely cheap once you have bought your brush!

To begin with you need to invest in a good bristle brush specifically designed for this purpose. The dry-skin brush resembles a bath brush but the bristles must be made from natural fibres so they don't scratch the skin. It also makes sense if the handle is long so that you can reach all areas of your body properly.

Always make sure your skin is dry beforehand otherwise the brush will stretch the skin and it won't be as beneficial. For each stroke make sure you are essentially brushing towards the heart.

Starting with the soles of the feet brush from the toes to the heels. Continuing up the leg from the ankles use long strokes up towards the knee, as far as each thigh. For the buttocks area where most of the toxins are deposited, brush crossways from the inside-out of each cheek so that your moving the toxins towards the lymph's to be drained rather than moving the toxins aimlessly around the body.

From underneath the breastbone brush to the middle of the stomach doing the same on the other side then continue this down the stomach to the hip bone finishing off with a circular movement around the belly button. Do this 3 times. Use light strokes over and around the breasts avoiding the nipple area (yes by all accounts there could be a slight ouch factor here!). Reach around to your back and brush upwards. Then finally brush from your hands up to the top of the arms. Complete the overall body brushing a few times.

As you get to be a more accomplished "brusher" you will know how hard you can brush your skin without it being uncomfortable and presumably as the days go on you'll be able to be a bit more vigorous with your strokes. The improvement in your skin will be visible in a matter of days and hopefully you can wave bye-bye to cellulite or at least see it reduced! Remember to steer clear of broken or sensitive skin.

To keep your brush in good condition, try never to get it wet as this softens the fibres and makes the brush less effective. Try instead pouring a bottle of concentrated tea tree oil into a spray-water canister and fill the rest of the bottle with water, spritz the brush 2 or 3 times a week with the diluted tea-tree oil and leave to dry. The tea-tree oil will act as an anti-bacterial device.

Happy Brushing!

Taken from fashion.ie

Damn..I need to get an extra large body brush..Sounds interesting..my arse can stand for a bit of a buffing:p

The Body Shop sell really good quality body brushes. Also Elemis have a good brush and sell detoxifying body oil. Any decent drug store or chemist should have them. You can buy brushes with a detachable handle to make it easier to use.

Hi Naturally, have you done the tightening T-tapp plan for cellulite?

I was wondering if it looks too good to be true? I have tried excercise to no avail though i like to swim anyhow so will keep it up but the lumps on my thighs actually hurt in the cold.

great article! thanks for posting.

lioness, because this thread is pretty old, naturally may not see it, so try PMing her
smile.gif

I have ordered the t-tapp video after reading more info from the website so will let you all know what the results are.

I will try most things once and i love natural methods the best.

XX
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for posting the article
icon_smile.gif

For those who dry body on a regular basis, do you still exfoliate your skin with a homemade sugar/salt scrub or any other body scrub?

i think i am going to take a cue from this post and the juicing detox post and combine the two! i am going to start a juice detox tomorrow (i just ate some cookies...so i figured i better wait!)

Holy cow! I might have to see where in the heck I can find a "body brush..." I'll check out that Theresa Tapp site...

I agree with the other ladies...this is an excellent article. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Great information and seems logical to me. Now to find a body brush!

Thank you for this information.

Hugs

Latest posts

Back