Body Quotes, Facts, and Gatherings

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
newastin_pow.gif
BoDY QuOTes, FaCts, & GaThERInGs

• 40% of all healthy-weight and underweight women ages 35 to 55 consider themselves fat, reports a USDA study.
  • A Consumer Reports survey of more than 46,000 people found exercise to be almost as effective--and sometimes more effective--than prescription medications for common medical problems.
  • Soy helps to control cholesterol, protect prostate and bones, and improves memory.
  • People who take a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement have dramatic reductions in the risk of colon cancer and heart disease, studies show.
  • In addition to firming your abdominals, Pilates also helps strengthen and stretch the entire body from head to toe, helping you to stand taller. This unique system will create long, lean, toned muscles similar to the muscles of a dancer.
  • According to the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society, 90% of women wear shoes too tight for their feet, and 80% have problems as a result.
  • All people--thin or fat--get old, have cellulite, and die. Being thin does not exempt anyone from illness, loss, or heartbreak.
  • A recent survey by the National Marketing Institute found that a third of all girth-challenged Americans are trying to shed their excess by cutting carbohydrates.
  • It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
  • In the average lifetime, a human will walk an average of 5 times around the equator.
  • Fewer than 60% of women engage in physical activity on a regular basis.
  • More than ninety percent of people with eating disorders are women.
  • Fashion models weigh 23% less than the average female.
  • "Low" self-esteem affects our body, mind and spirit.
  • In Self v. Self (1962), a U.S. court for the first time rules that men do not have a right to beat their wives.
  • No one else views you as critically as you view yourself.
  • The left breast tends to have more tissue.
  • Your boobs won't get bigger unless you gain weight, get pregnant (though the increase isn't likely to last) or in some cases, go on the Pill.
  • The average bra size today is 36C. Ten years ago it was 34B.
  • The height of the average-sized woman is 5 feet, 4 inches tall.
  • Not only are Americans getting fatter, we're getting bigger and taller, and our feet are keeping pace.
  • The average U.S. male stands 5' 9.1 tall and weighs 180 pounds.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the average U.S. woman weighs 152 pounds. This corresponds to a Body Mass Index of 26.3 kilograms which is slightly less than the average man's.

Make your own conclusion!!

newntedit1.jpg

Average bra size 36C ,gosh I guess I'm not average -weighing in at a mere 34B. You know I have considered a boob job but I dont think the pain is worth it. Hmmmmm

Originally Posted by shoediva Average bra size 36C ,gosh I guess I'm not average -weighing in at a mere 34B. You know I have considered a boob job but I dont think the pain is worth it. Hmmmmm I'm with you ShOeDIVA. I don't care HOW much anyone wants to proclaim Pam Anderson- sized boobs as wonderful, I'll keep my own average sized boobs. I don't trip over them, I can see my feet, folks usually talk to my face and not to my breasts, I can run across the street without having to hold my boobs or tie them down with anything but a basic bra, all the cute bras are in my size, I have NO back pain, and if I need to float, I'll get a raft. Average sized boobs are sexy, firm, attentive, and portable. 34-36 b-c's are a nice, pleasant handful if you ask me! 1/2 the world's population seem to like them just fine. Hah.

newmutbanner2.jpg

gravity wont get us as fast as its gonna get Pam HAHA!!
icon_lol.gif
BTW I really think she looks terrible, way too much!!

I agree that clothes seem to fit us better. I actually makeup for it on the other end LOL. I'm half Puerto Rican so I got that JLo thing going on and wouldn't mind transfering some content over LOL

Originally Posted by shoediva gravity wont get us as fast as its gonna get Pam HAHA!!
icon_lol.gif
BTW I really think she looks terrible, way too much!!
I agree that clothes seem to fit us better. I actually makeup for it on the other end LOL. I'm half Puerto Rican so I got that JLo thing going on and wouldn't mind transfering some content over LOL

LOL ... see? You are in-style and you didn't even know it. Others have to wear padded underwear and you, my dear, have the true curves! Heh heh.
I do get tired of media and societal sources telling us that our bodies are not okay. Racquel Welch had two ribs removed to have a smaller waist ... woah! I can understand the desire to be attractive, I really do!! However, some of this kinda saddens me too. I am glad that my husband is happy with my looks, although.. LOL he loves HUGE boobs. Too bad! Hahah.

HAHA thanks for the laugh!!!! My hubby does too but I dont care, too bad for him too!!

LOL about husbands and big boobs. My darling likes mine just fine, though I think he does like the growth they've been through on the evil pill from last year. I used to be a 36A, (really, I was an A 1/2, but they don't make those), and A was too small for me, but B was too large in the top part of my breasts. Now I'm a B, getting closer to a C, and I miss being an A. LOL!!!

I just don't remember having much soreness at all when I was an A; now I'm sore all the time! The bounce when I jog, uncomfy; they ache 90% of the time. I could live without the pain, you know?

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea LOL about husbands and big boobs. My darling likes mine just fine, though I think he does like the growth they've been through on the evil pill from last year. I used to be a 36A, (really, I was an A 1/2, but they don't make those), and A was too small for me, but B was too large in the top part of my breasts. Now I'm getting closer to a C, and I miss being an A. LOL!!! Congratulations are in order to Mr. Kage! God has answered your prayers! Heheh.
bbmickey.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Congratulations are in order to Mr. Kage! God has answered your prayers! Heheh. LOL - I don't know about that. I think he may have liked it better when they weren't so sensitive and I didn't complain about them hurting so much. LOL!!!

They hurt?! You really need to go to the doc! Please do!! And if you've gone to the doctor already, I'd get a new one.

That's why I like the IUD .. none of that extra nonsense goes with it. It's there and you forget about it. Some women get heavy periods with it though. I barely have any periods. Sorry if TMI, only trying to help.

Originally Posted by Californian They hurt?! You really need to go to the doc! Please do!! And if you've gone to the doctor already, I'd get a new one. That's why I like the IUD .. none of that extra nonsense goes with it. It's there and you forget about it. Some women get heavy periods with it though. I barely have any periods. Sorry if TMI, only trying to help.

LOL about TMI - doesn't bother me. I looked into IUDs, but I really don't want to bother with any more birth control issues with hormones or inserts or whatnot...not for now, at least, since we're considering having a baby in the near future.
smile.gif

Well, they don't really *hurt* but they're sore quite a lot. And it's only been since they doubled. I'm hoping that I'll lose some weight up there, because that's the first place I gain and lose.

The right side has panging aches once in a while, but that's common with cysts and fibroids, like they're suspecting this lump is. My mother-in-law and a lady at church have the same thing, and they said there are Vitamins that are good, to help ease the aches. But it's normal.

I'm trying to get an appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound, but waiting on a day when my hubby can come along with me. It's kind of a hard thing to plan ahead, with the hospital, because I could call the doctor today, and they could get me in today, but I want a day when he can go with me. So, I need to find few consecutive days when he's going to be working in the local office and can come with me. But it's all good - I'm probably dramatizing it more. Let's just say that for someone who lived 24 years of her life as a 34-36A, and was happy, the B-cup takes some getting used to.

I have a friend who I wont name (LOL but her name starts with a L) anyway she went on Birth control pills just to get bigger boobs.....is that sick or what?? Plus I dont think it helped! :))

Originally Posted by shoediva I have a friend who I wont name (LOL but her name starts with a L) anyway she went on Birth control pills just to get bigger boobs.....is that sick or what?? Plus I dont think it helped! :)) Oh man - there are better ways to get bigger boobs. There are excersizes you can do to strengthen the area, too!
The birth control pill literally almost killed me (Yasmin, that is), and I won't go anywhere near estrogen hormones anymore! Doctors claim we need all this estrogen, but it's a lie - we need more progesteron (sp?).

Anyway, bc works for some, not for others. Apparently Yasmin is the big evil out there, according to a site that helped me verify that I was not alone in my extreme symptoms. That many women cannot be wrong, when their doctors are telling them, "It's not the pill - it's you!"

icon_frown.gif
icon_mad.gif

Latest posts

Back