Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have zero issues with discontinued products per se, I am a devoted clearance scavenger.  At the same time, I know around how much those products cost when they were in the bin, and it certainly didn't add up to $21.

If one of these closeout companies would just open an online store selling closeouts I would probably shop them.  Misrepresenting and overcharging is just greedy.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have zero issues with discontinued products per se, I am a devoted clearance scavenger.  At the same time, I know around how much those products cost when they were in the bin, and it certainly didn't add up to $21.

If one of these closeout companies would just open an online store selling closeouts I would probably shop them.  Misrepresenting and overcharging is just greedy.
Some from a US company told me about the site Dollar Days- it looks like some huge discount site.

I was looking for a first aid item and was told they had it and shipped to Canada.

But the thing I want costs $15 and shipping to me is $15 or $20.....

But I'm sure for the US there is always some kind of free or cheap shipping thing.

I have not bought my item yet, but will do it now as I kind of forgot....

I agree completely- I am a scavenger as well and no way is a random box of close outs a deal at $21

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for all your inputs. I don't mind a box of discontinued items. My drugstore sells out of everything super fast sometimes we don't even have a clearance bin so for me this is a deal. I understand how others may be turned off by it. For me it sounds like this will work. Plus so many full sized products makes me happy. I'd rather 4-5 full sized discontinued drugstore than all small or delux samples of high end stuff.

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all your inputs. I don't mind a box of discontinued items. My drugstore sells out of everything super fast sometimes we don't even have a clearance bin so for me this is a deal. I understand how others may be turned off by it. For me it sounds like this will work. Plus so many full sized products makes me happy. I'd rather 4-5 full sized discontinued drugstore than all small or delux samples of high end stuff.
dito.gif

I subscribed to Boxy recently and was a little nervous when I read all of these posts. The May items don't seem like they are discontinued though. I saw most of them in CVS last night- at full price. And then I checked online and they were all available. Where did you guys hear that they were discontinued?

I wonder why everyone is saying that they are discontinued in Lizzy's video? I saw most of them at full price in CVS yesterday- in the same colors. And then I saw them online at full price too. I just subscribed so I'm a little nervous:/ but excited too because a lot of people like it.

Originally Posted by granolabox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subscribed to Boxy recently and was a little nervous when I read all of these posts. The May items don't seem like they are discontinued though. I saw most of them in CVS last night- at full price. And then I checked online and they were all available. Where did you guys hear that they were discontinued?

Quote: Dear Boxycharm subscribers and followers,We would like to give you a little history about our company. We purchase our products from third party vendors, not directly from the brands. Some items may not be available in stores as they may have been from last season or with different packaging. We intentionally started this company with a new approach than other subscription boxes; to provide full size items from well known and popular brands. We hand select every item from our warehouse to assure that you receive popular and loved items. if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at [email protected]Warm regards,Boxycharm Management

The way I understand it is that it MAY be from last season; but not necessarily. In the case of the May box they were all current. Maybe overstock? And last season doesn't mean old or expired. Companies change packaging all the time which is ok with me to get the unchanged packaging for cheaper. I don't know, I think it's legit. I shop at overstock.com all the time so this is kind of the same thing. A pretty good deal too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Super excited!!!

Discontinued doesn't mean expired, some of us just prefer to receive products from current collections.

Liquidators sometimes get things from companies that have gone out of business. Let's say there's a chain of drugstores called Westco (totally making this store up) in Idaho (picking a random location, too) that have cosmetics sections. Westco goes bankrupt and has to close their doors, but they still have ten stores' worth of stuff plus a warehouse full of things that they received the week before they went kaput. A liquidator will come in, but that stuff at radically reduced prices, and resell it at places with names like City Liquidators and Grocery Outlet. It's still all perfectly good and not expired, but the original retailer no longer exists. I get the feeling Boxy Charm is run by an experienced liquidator jumping in the subscription box bandwagon. If you're cool with buying blush at the Grotlet or local liquidator, I see no reason to be scared off by the fact that this stuff might be discontinued, although I'm not subbing because these aren't brands I'm interested in.

My eyeshadow came broken, but I got a quick reply and they said they will be sending me a new one! They even let me pick the color! :) I'll post a picture of the whole box tonight.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My eyeshadow came broken, but I got a quick reply and they said they will be sending me a new one! They even let me pick the color! :) I'll post a picture of the whole box tonight.
Sounds like excellent customer service! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Essie Nail polish in Miami Nice
Rimmel eyeliner in black
Revlon lipgloss in Glittering Garnet
A purple Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens
Rimmel Volume Accelerator mascara (Love this!)
Almay eyeshadow trio for blue eyes (mine came broken, but they are sending me a new one!)
L'oreal Ever Sleek Hair Serum
Overall not bad for $21. I've never tried any of this stuff (except the nail art pen) and I'm excited to! I really liked the mascara and I'd totally buy another one. Plus they have amazing customer service! :)

I had my doubts about Boxy Charm but I have to admit that the pics of what you guys are getting has changed my mind. Even though they send drugstore brands, I think that they are a decent value for the price based on the number of products they send. I also like that they send a little bit of everything, from lips, to eyes, to hair & nail products. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I wanted to update and say that I got my replacement for my eyeshadow. They have great CS! :) -I wanted to post this because there have been companies in the past when I've gotten a broken item and they said they were going to replace it and never did-

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say that they charged me today, even though I had cancelled in July. I called them, even emailed them a picture of my credit card transaction, and they said well we didn't get the charge on our end so your screwed, pretty much. Not only are they not going to refund me, but they aren't going to send me a box either. I am so sad since I actually did like them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back