Boyfriend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, as you know I am 13.. and I just got a boyfriend in the beggining of september. And we are still together, but I haven't told my parents yet because I know they'll flip on me. Now here's the problem, his birthday is on the 28th of March, and I am planning to get him a autographed picture of his favourite band. It costs 60 dollars and so far I only have 5 dollars in my piggy bank for it... but hopefully I will get it, save up, and work hard for it. Okay so I told my dad and mom that I am buying a gift for my friend Laura, but when I told them it cost 60 dollars they flipped out. How am I suppose to buy my boyfriend the gift if my parents won't let me spend that much money??

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Hello, as you know I am 13.. and I just got a boyfriend in the beggining of september. And we are still together, but I haven't told my parents yet because I know they'll flip on me. Now here's the problem, his birthday is on the 28th of March, and I am planning to get him a autographed picture of his favourite band. It costs 60 dollars and so far I only have 5 dollars in my piggy bank for it... but hopefully I will get it, save up, and work hard for it. Okay so I told my dad and mom that I am buying a gift for my friend Laura, but when I told them it cost 60 dollars they flipped out. How am I suppose to buy my boyfriend the gift if my parents won't let me spend that much money?? Maybe your parents will let you do things for them to earn money - like extra chores, and stuff like that? But if they won't budge, and you can't get the money on your own... I would maybe think of a less expensive present for now - & maybe save up for the picture for a Xmas/Holiday present if you are still dating...
icon_wink.gif

Hi TOB,

Oh..I would flip out if my daughter had a b/f at 13. But I do know that it is inevitable.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But nevertheless, I feel it's a bit expensive for your age since you have only $5. It's a real nice thought tho! You can go around your neighborhood and ask your neighbors if there is anything you can do for a few bux.

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood

Hello, as you know I am 13.. and I just got a boyfriend in the beggining of september. And we are still together, but I haven't told my parents yet because I know they'll flip on me. Now here's the problem, his birthday is on the 28th of March, and I am planning to get him a autographed picture of his favourite band. It costs 60 dollars and so far I only have 5 dollars in my piggy bank for it... but hopefully I will get it, save up, and work hard for it. Okay so I told my dad and mom that I am buying a gift for my friend Laura, but when I told them it cost 60 dollars they flipped out. How am I suppose to buy my boyfriend the gift if my parents won't let me spend that much money??

It's cool when you think of the perfect gift for someone, huh? Well, I suggest doing whatever you can to get a few bucks this month, and whatever you end up with, work with what you have. If your boyfriend truly cares about you, he'll enjoy and appreciate whatever you get him. Then you'll have more time to save up for that perfect present and give it to him for Christmas!
wink.gif

BTW, you're 13 so realistically, 13-year olds don't have that kind of money. Your b/f should understand that. And, you don't want to do anything to anger your parents right now. They will find out about the b/f eventually...parents aren't as cluless as they may seem sometimes! Why add fuel to the fire by spending money they told you not to. Good luck!
smile.gif

Thanks alot
icon_smile.gif
, Well my aunt is coming over and I usually straighten her curly frizzy hair. I've done more then several times and she insisted that this time she will pay me 20 dollars
icon_cool.gif
. And, my moms friends are coming over and I have to babysit their kids, and so I'm getting paid for that also. Yea and as for the gift, I will try and find him a gift that maybe is less expensive. Thanks for the advice everyone
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh..I would have flipped out if my sister had a b/f at 13!
icon_eek.gif
But $60 is a lot since you have very little money and ways to get it. Hope you figure it out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back