Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Split

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't see this one coming
icon_rolleyes.gif

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Split

By JOHN ROGERS, AP

<!-- /PARAGRAPH OBJECT -->LOS ANGELES (Jan. 7) -- Hollywood glamour couple Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have split, his publicist confirmed Friday.

''We would like to announce that after seven years together we have decided to formally separate,'' the couple said in a statement.

''For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any speculation reported by the tabloid media,'' the actors said.

The couple didn't indicate if they plan to divorce, and publicist Cindy Guagenti declined to comment beyond the statement, which also said, ''We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another.''

The separation, first reported on People magazine's Web site, comes 4 1/2 years after the pair's wedding and after months of speculation that their marriage was in trouble.

Aniston has recently been photographed in public without her diamond-studded wedding ring, according to People, although the magazine said the couple had spent the New Year's weekend together on the Caribbean island of Anguilla with Aniston's former ''Friends'' co-star Courteney Cox and her husband, actor David Arquette.

Pitt, 41, and Aniston, 35, have been together since being set up on a blind date in 1998. They were married in a lavish wedding on July 29, 2000, on a Malibu estate overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Some 200 people attended the event, which included four bands, a gospel choir, fireworks and tens of thousands of flowers.

Part of Pacific Coast Highway was shut down to accommodate the influx of guests, which included actress Cameron Diaz and most of Aniston's ''Friends'' co-stars. It was the first marriage for both.

Until rumors began swirling that they were about to split, there were near-constant tabloid rumors that Aniston was pregnant. The actress had told People in 2002 that she and Pitt eventually wanted to start a family.

<!-- /PARAGRAPH OBJECT -->''Absolutely it will happen but probably not for a while,'' she said at the time.

Since their wedding, Pitt and Anniston have been touted not only as one of Hollywood's most glamorous couples but also one of the film industry's most powerful. They are co-owners of the Plan B production company with producer Brad Grey, who earlier this week was hired to replace Sherry Lansing as head of the Paramount studio.

Aniston is perhaps the most recognizable star of ''Friends,'' the ensemble show that concluded a 10-year run last year as one of television's highest-rated comedies. She also has starred in such films as ''Along Came Polly,'' ''Bruce Almighty'' and ''The Good Girl.'' Her father is veteran soap opera actor John Aniston.

Pitt, long one of Hollywood' most bankable film stars, is currently seen in ''Ocean's Twelve.'' Other film credits include ''Ocean's Eleven,'' ''Fight Club,'' ''Meet Joe Black,'' ''Seven Years in Tibet,'' ''Sleepers,'' ''12 Monkeys,'' ''Legends of the Fall,'' ''A River Runs Through It'' and ''Thelma & Louise.''

Oh well another Hollywood marriage bites the dust. I recently saw Brad Pitt interviewed on Oprah Winfrey. He seemed very sullen, not a good interview.

I heard this on the radio tonight @ the gym... but I thought it was a joke! LOL I guess b/c the cover of this weeks Star magazine is about them going to try and have kids! LOL Guess not!
icon_rolleyes.gif

it's sad.
icon_sad.gif
i thought they were the one Hollywood couple that could weather the storm. perhaps this is why he got choked up in the ABC interview w/the Ocean's 12 cast.

Originally Posted by keaLoha it's sad.
icon_sad.gif
i thought they were the one Hollywood couple that could weather the storm. perhaps this is why he got choked up in the ABC interview w/the Ocean's 12 cast. Awww!!! I thought they were gona make it too!

I thought they were in it for the long haul too.. Thought they looked so cute together. Oh well, hope they don't get too much hassle from the tabloids over this. They always make things worse

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Brad pitt is avail, go for it! Nah, not my type, too much of a pretty boy
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah... there's something about him that I find too 'pretty' - maybe it's because I could picture him on "Queer Eye" LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha it's sad.
icon_sad.gif
i thought they were the one Hollywood couple that could weather the storm. perhaps this is why he got choked up in the ABC interview w/the Ocean's 12 cast. Wow KeaLoha, i just saw your new avatar. You're SO pretty
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally It's not even that ...I think he'd be more HIGH maintenance than myself ..not that I'm even close ...but he's just ...TOO pretty! Now ..give me someone like Sam Elliott ..oh yeah! Yes mam! Sam Elliott is most definetly my type, even just to hear his voice is enough to get my heart racing just a bit. Hell, I even watched that insipid "Prancer" movie a couple times over the Holidays just because he was in it. I've probably seen "Mask" a hundred times, when he comes pulling in on that Harley? Whewwwww Momma!

Wow you too Harley! Sam's the MAN! He has always been my favorite, and like you I loved him in Mask.........wanted him to take me away on that Harley..........wheewwwwwwwwwww Momma is right!

Naturally & Harley ------------- you may have to fight me for him.......as my daughter would say........MEOOOWWWWW KITTY!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by HarleyMom Yes mam! Sam Elliott is most definetly my type, even just to hear his voice is enough to get my heart racing just a bit. Hell, I even watched that insipid "Prancer" movie a couple times over the Holidays just because he was in it. I've probably seen "Mask" a hundred times, when he comes pulling in on that Harley? Whewwwww Momma!

I found this one, couldn't get just the pic on here so had to do the link. Would have super imposed my face over Chers too if I had a way to do it
icon_lol.gif

Sam%20Elliot%20&%20Cher01.jpg

Originally Posted by Rouge047 Like I said "meow kitty!!!!!" Thanks Harley that made my day........ You are welcome! I must warn you though, my claws are engaged and ready for action.....meoooooooooooooow, hisssssss, spit, hisssssss
icon_lol.gif
Cat-Fight.jpg

Thanks Laura. I love the picture you posted wearing jeans. Great outfit & makeup.
smile.gif

He's quite yummy, but a little too metro for me. I think he's a lot more high maintenance than me.
eek.gif

I think it's sad that they have split and it makes me wonder if there really is a time limit on love. I know the infactuation stage can wear off but if you have chemistry with someone shouldn't it last? I certainly hope so!

I hope they work out what's wrong and get back together again. I guess i am a Romantic at heart.

Latest posts

Back