Breast Lumps/Cysts/Fibroids?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Well, apparently it's not completely over. I've been meaning to share this for a few days, but kept forgetting.
My gynecologist called last Friday and told me she'd gotten the results from both my ultrasounds. I do indeed have a few fibroid tumors in my pelvic area, but she said those shouldn't be a problem, even with childbirth.

She talked with me about the fibroadenoma, but never actually called it that, even though the radiologist did. She asked if we have a general surgeon, and I said "no." She recommended one to me, and told me that I may want to meet with him, and see about getting it biopsied. From what I've been reading about these fibroadenomas, they're quite common, and even though they're benign tumors, sometimes they're biopsied. I don't quite understand the reasons behind this. I'd almost rather have it removed completely in the first place, than to have it biopsied and then removed. I understand that they can grow during pregnancy, so perhaps they're interested in removing it before I get pregnant. I did tell my doctor that our finances are quite tight because of all this medical stuff, and insurance hasn't helped much, so I'll probably wait on the general surgeon for now, especially since he's going to charge me just for talking with him anyway. All these minimal charges for everything sure add up!

I just wish someone could give me a good reason why they consider biopsies on such common fibroadenomas, which are not a risk for breast cancer. Nowhere in all that I've read has there been a good explanation for that.

Has anyone had a breast biopsy? I've heard they can hurt a bit. I'm sure that God will give me the grace if I must have one, but I'm quite nervous.

I just hate the birth control pill Yasmin so very, very much, knowing it has been the cause of all of my health problems in the last year. How much money has been spent on medical attention - if only I'd never gotten on those stupid hormones.

Anyway...sorry to go on and on...I'm just very irritated and confused and unsure.

I hear ya. It's scary not to know exactly what is going on. This is sounding very familiar to me since doctors are basically educated guessers and I've had my own health probs. I always go the most precautios route regarding health because without good health, there is not much to be had!
They suggest getting it biopsied to simply remove any suspicions- just to be as safe as possible. Anything that is health-related and that will help you is PARAMOUNT to your well being and is worth every penny and every effort/ red tape etc.. that you have to go through.

My grandma has had several breast lumps biopsied. It scared her until she had it done. She felt reassured that it was nothing. Although it was a "pain in the buns" to have to get it done, it gave her peace of mind and did not hurt.

Medical procedures SUCK... no question about that... but what sucks more is not taking care of it and having to worry about what could or is happening as a result. This is not to scare you at all. I just think you are doing the right thing by being very vigilant about it. It can feel lonely and scary and invasive. I hate it too.

Nip this in the bud so you can throw it aside and say bye bye. I would have the same question as you do.. why not take the thing out all together rather than biopsy it? I am sure there is a simple explanation that I do not know because I am not a doc.

Keep praying too of course! You'll get through this. It may take a while but you will get through. I have confidence that you will. Help your suffering end by being persistent!

126banner3.jpg

Ungrammatically Yours,

Cali

Hi all, i have been taking yasmin for years . After two years of taking it three months continually with a break i started geting lots of horrid symtoms and one of them was lumps in my breasts . The doctor felt them also and said a lot of the time you can take evening primrose oil and it cures the problem . I chose to do this and the lumps went, she did however say she would send me for a scan if i wanted to go straight away or if i wanted i could call and she would arrange it after trying the evening primrose oil.

XXXX

Back