breastfeeding?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A woman in New Zealand says she is breastfeeding her pet puppy because she wants it to protect her baby daughter as they both grow up.

Kura Tumanako told the NZPA news agency Wednesday that she had started breastfeeding the Staffordshire bull terrier pup after her baby stopped taking her milk.

"I didn't want to waste it so I gave it to Honey Boy," she said.

According to NZPA, Tumanako said she had fed the dog twice a day for the past week but would probably wean it off in about six weeks' time. Her baby, now 2 months old, is on bottled milk.

"I wanted to raise it (the pup) with my baby," she said. "I wanted to bring it up with a baby. It will protect her as they grow up," said Tumanako, who lives in Hastings in New Zealand's North Island.

"He drinks more than the baby. It doesn't hurt, but it's a little bit ticklish."

That is SICK.. Ugh, my tummy is turning just thinking of it. What a weirdo!

Last year i read in Marie Claire of an Indian tribe that raises goats . I will try and find a link for this as it was amazing.

Anyway, the women of this tribe have breast fed the kids (babygoats) for centuries. They had pictures of them doing it and to them its quite natural and the norm. What we see as normal in our societies is normal to us but some societies around the world they do this to animals in order to survive.

I had enough breast feeding my own daughter and i did that for too long as my boobs are south of the border now.

Yuck !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a bit extreme to breast feed a puppy just so it will bond with a child. In my view breast feeding is a great start for a baby in life and my daughter has never had any colds etc. I was considered abnormal by my family and friends when i chose to breast feed and was told to go upstairs to the bedroom to do this as the men in the family may have been upset by it.

I refused to go to another room both in the house or in public as i said that if the men find it upsetting then they should go to another room not me and my baby.

I think its really pathetic of people to be offended by a perfectly natural thing and so i used to get my boobs out and feed her whenever she wanted to be fed.

Years ago, i remember my Great Granny told me that people employed wetnurses to feed their babies. These were women who would be able to breast feed babies without ever having ever had a baby themselves. Apparently, if a woman stimulates her nipples it is possible to lactate.

If you go to a supermarket in the uk, the nursing room is in the toilet !

Would a business person go to the toilet to eat his or her lunch ?

No, so why should a newborn baby have to have its lunch in a bathroom ?

Ya know - I heard something this morning on the radio about something like this... didn't hear the full story, so maybe its the same one.

I am not quite sure what i think of this. I think if a woman breast fed an animal to save it's life and to ensure it's survival then that would be acceptable. However this woman is not breast feeding her own child and the dog would protect her and her child anyway.

What does bother me is the fact that the lady is question is rearing this pupply to protect her child.This is a very selfish thing to do in my opionion. She is also putting the animal's life in jepordy. The dog could think its 'protecting' the child and end up getting into trouble with the law.

Latest posts

Back