brew lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, i went to macy's yesterday to treat myself to a lipstick, wanting to buy brew. i go and the MA tells me there's no such lipstick called brew, but there's fresh brew. i told her i know of fresh brew and then i know of JUST brew. she said then maybe it's sold at the free-standing store.

what's the deal? i wanted it so badly
frown.gif

by the way, i bought high tea. i'm not too crazy about it, but i LOVE the lustre formulas. i'll keep it, though.

Originally Posted by Jennifer so, i went to macy's yesterday to treat myself to a lipstick, wanting to buy brew. i go and the MA tells me there's no such lipstick called brew, but there's fresh brew. i told her i know of fresh brew and then i know of JUST brew. she said then maybe it's sold at the free-standing store.
what's the deal? i wanted it so badly
frown.gif

by the way, i bought high tea. i'm not too crazy about it, but i LOVE the lustre formulas. i'll keep it, though.

I've heard people talk about it on here... and I thought it was just 'Brew"... maybe its a lipglass & not a lipstick?
rolleyes.gif
I dunno - I'm not too crazy about lipglasses - they're a tad too sticky for me.
redface.gif

Brew is just a lipstick. I have it. It was limited edition color part of the High Tea collection. Maybe it's sold out. I got mine at Nordstroms.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Brew is just a lipstick. I have it. It was limited edition color part of the High Tea collection. Maybe it's sold out. I got mine at Nordstroms. I just got high tea in a swap and I love it. I can see how it might not have enough color for some or wash others out, but on me, it's a great natural color! And the formula is great! I've never tried a MAC lipstick before, but I'm impressed!

Yup Brew is a lipstick and it was part of the High Tea collection so it might be sold out everywhere. I'm gonna check the MAC site now to see if it was LE or not. Here's hoping it wasn't coz i wanna get a few more!

Might have to check it out the next time I'm at MAC (which will probably be at the show) Everyone likes it... now you've all got me curious!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What really sucks is that lately I've had some financial probs due to my stupidity w/ an ex. Now I've pretty much lost all my $$ - and have to start from scratch - which means that I'll be having a lot less for the show...
icon_cry.gif
And naturally I don't get my next paycheck until AFTER the show... since I get paid bi-weekly and the show is next Tuesday... GO FIGURE! Arrrgh! So I'm going bare minimum for the next week!! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Might have to check it out the next time I'm at MAC (which will probably be at the show) Everyone likes it... now you've all got me curious!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Its much nuder than the CoverGirl Lipslick in Cutie that you sent me so if you're into that kinda look then you'll love it girlie! Its a HG for me
biggrin.gif

Yep, Brew was part of the High Tea collection & is probably sold out. I actually still have a BN one on my swap list. LMK if you still want it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Its much nuder than the CoverGirl Lipslick in Cutie that you sent me so if you're into that kinda look then you'll love it girlie! Its a HG for me
biggrin.gif
when you mean nude, i notice a lot of people mean it differently. do you mean it's close to your natural lip color, or nude as in it's about the shade of your skin?

Originally Posted by keaLoha Yep, Brew was part of the High Tea collection & is probably sold out. I actually still have a BN one on my swap list. LMK if you still want it.
smile.gif
oh, i'll buy it from you and pay for shipping, too! first, i need someone to answer the question above, and then i'll let you know. thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, i'll buy it from you and pay for shipping, too! first, i need someone to answer the question above, and then i'll let you know. thanks so much! Jennifer, don't worry about it. PM when you're ready & shipping's included in the price.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Its much nuder than the CoverGirl Lipslick in Cutie that you sent me so if you're into that kinda look then you'll love it girlie! Its a HG for me
biggrin.gif
ooh... I'm not into the 'could pass as concealer' lipstick colors... I like more pinkish nudes... but I still wanna check it out IRL first
smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jennifer, don't worry about it. PM when you're ready & shipping's included in the price.
smile.gif
you're the best
icon_cheesygrin.gif

janelle, i usually don't drag the lipstick across my lips to look like i have nothing. i'll dot it on 3 times and blend with my finger, so it tones my lips down for a casual day. try it if you end up seeing it IRL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer when you mean nude, i notice a lot of people mean it differently. do you mean it's close to your natural lip color, or nude as in it's about the shade of your skin? Nude as in shade of you skin but its not CONCEALER nude.. I know the look you're trying to achieve (well i think i do!) and its what i like too.. It tones down the colour of my lips but it doesnt look like concealer on my lips if you know what i mean!

Originally Posted by Laura Nude as in shade of you skin but its not CONCEALER nude.. I know the look you're trying to achieve (well i think i do!) and its what i like too.. It tones down the colour of my lips but it doesnt look like concealer on my lips if you know what i mean! yesssss! okay, i definitely want this now
icon_biggrin.gif

i got that look from MAC's fleshpot and myth, but they're both satin, AND EXTREMELY DRYING!!! i hated it.

thanks!

No problemo.. Enjoy it! It doesnt look really nude in person but it totally toned down my lips *runs off to find out if i can buy MAC Brew on eBay*

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I just got high tea in a swap and I love it. I can see how it might not have enough color for some or wash others out, but on me, it's a great natural color! And the formula is great! I've never tried a MAC lipstick before, but I'm impressed! I adore High Tea as well!! It looks slightly lighter on my lips than in the tube - it's such a gorgeous light dewy nude!

Janelle, i'll post pics when i get my camera back next week. K honey?

you guys have me curious about this lippie now. lol.

what other lippies look similar to it. i have high tea and c-thru lipglass. are those similar?

does anyone have pics?

my MAC counter didn't have brew, fresh brew, high tea or anything in that collection - & doesn't look like they ever will since it was part of the collection... so I guess I'm outta luck! lol
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back