Brilliant brunette...?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have any of you brunettes out there tried this stuff? i was at rite aid today and saw most of it was sold out- and i know it just came out! is it really that good? i've heard the blonde line is fabulous, so i'd like to hear some feedback on the brunette side
smile.gif

thanks!

xoxo

Haven't seen this line yet..Is it similar to John Frieda Sheer Blonde items??

Originally Posted by ditzybrunette_a have any of you brunettes out there tried this stuff? i was at rite aid today and saw most of it was sold out- and i know it just came out! is it really that good? i've heard the blonde line is fabulous, so i'd like to hear some feedback on the brunette side
smile.gif
thanks!

xoxo

Hi Ditzy,

I found the following reviews on the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette line. I'll cut and paste it for ya:

Found these on sale at Walgreens at 2 for $9.00.

The shampoo and conditioner are both lovely. Shampoo has a very rich, thick lather, conditioner works well, not too heavy. Both have a very sweet brown

sugar scent (to me). The finishing cream is very nice, not as balmy/waxy as

I would like, but close. Same scent as the the poo and conditioner and

really does give my hair more shine. The hairspray? Kinda weird bc seems to

have an oiliness to it. Overall, very nice line imo.

DeB

Here's another review I found:

First, I used the Shine Release Shampoo in the Chestnut to Espresso shade (it also comes in the lighter Amber to Maple shade). I am not often impressed by shampoo, but this one has the best honey-like texture and left my hair light and bouncy. It uses cocoa bean extract and silk protein to preserve the rich highlights in darker hair. The Light Reflecting Conditioner uses crushed pearls to illuminate and smooth hair.

The line offers several shine-enhancing styling aids as well. My favorite is the Satin Shine finishing crème, designed to be applied to dried hair. This product smoothed my flyaways and gave an extra shine boost without being greasy. Finally, the Model Control firm-hold gel tamed my wicked cowlick without leaving any dull residue or sticky clumps. Review By Courtney Dunlop

Here's another comment on Frieda's Brilliant Brunette:

I've been using it for about a week now, and I saw my bf's mom & sister yesterday and they both asked if I had cut my hair or dyed it. So I guess it's done something! - Giselle in Canada

The bottle says:

Formulated to replenish and invigorate dull, brittle, brown hair and bring out the multi-dimensional richness of brunette tones..without adding or depositing colour. Ultra-conditioning shampoo renews silkiness and suppleness as it reveals exceptional shine...

Designed specifically to enhance darker shades of brown hair from Hazelnut to espresso, this low-pH formula features cocoa bean extract and crushed pearls."

Originally Posted by allisong Haven't seen this line yet..Is it similar to John Frieda Sheer Blonde items??

i've used it before.. it's a good shampoo, makes your hair nice and soft, but i wouldn't say that it made my hair any darker or browner.

i use this shampoo and conditioner. i have noticed that my hair seems a lot smoother, silkier and shinier. (i know i am blonde in the pic but i am actually brunette now haha) anyway, for how non expensive it is, i like it
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back