Brow Beautiful

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
icon_smile.gif
What is everyones eyebrow routine?! It seems there are so many options...........

powder, wax, gel, clear mascara, Brushes, etc.

What have you found that works?!

I need to fill in sparse brows and then keep them in place.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi All
icon_smile.gif
What is everyones eyebrow routine?! It seems there are so many options...........

oh jeez i am still lookin for a miracle lol my one brow sucks it doesn't grow in as nice as my other so they always look un even and even when i pluck toget them more even they are un even i use a bit of maybelline's brow powder when i remember.

but what i do LOVE is my finishing touch to trim them down so they aren't so unruly

My brows are really dark and thick so I don't need to add to much definition. I get them reshaped every couple of months and tweeze them inbetween (when I remember). I do like Stila brow powder because it has 2 shades you can use for fillinf in and adding more definition. Powder works better for me because it looks more natural. After I've filled them in and defined them I slick on Origins brow Gel to keep them in place. Sometimes I skip the brow powder and go straight to the gel. HTH

I fill in here and there with MAC's brow pencil, brush it in, then finish it off with clear mascara (it works for me just as well as the "Brow Gel")

I have enough eyebrows and I am too scared to touch them. I tried to tweeze once and didn't want to feel the pain over and over again
icon_eek.gif
so I leave them alone. One of these days I will go to an electrolysis and if they numb the area, I will hold for it
wink.gif

argh. i'm constantly doing my eye brows. sometimes i need to tell myself to stop because i'm going to have a bald spot or thinner brow if i don't.

but i use lancome's tweezers and a 10x magnifying mirror.

i don't use any gels or anything. since i have dark brows, i use mac's "mystery" eye shadow and just fill my brows in a tiny bit. i just have to be light with it because then they'll be too dark and look weird.

ya'll with dark brows are just showin off now lol i was thinkin of tweezing them thinner again (like in my avitar cus i liked the way they looked)

I get mine threaded every few weeks. I use a dark brown eye shadow to lightly fill them in and give a bit of extra definition, and then i set them with brow wax.

I'd love to get mine threaded. I always look at Asian women and think how fantastic their brows look. Honestly Bhav, how does the pain compare to waxing (if you've ever tried it) or tweezing?

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi All
icon_smile.gif

frown.gif
Sorry, can't help you on that one, I don't touch my brows - actually I think they don't even grow. - there's no hairs under the brow to pluck, nor any hairs between my eyes ??? I can't remember the last time I picked up a tweezer other than to take out a splinter...
confused.gif

Lucky you!! I bought 2 brow kits at lunch today upon people's recommendations, so I will experiment tonight.

Maybelline ultra brow powder & NYC browser kit.

I will let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by K*O*
frown.gif
Sorry, can't help you on that one, I don't touch my brows - actually I think they don't even grow. - there's no hairs under the brow to pluck, nor any hairs between my eyes ??? I can't remember the last time I picked up a tweezer other than to take out a splinter...
confused.gif

I just trim them inbetween waxings - and use Ardell's lash & brow growth accelerator & Ardell brow gel to keep them in place
smile.gif

for brow powder, i use clinique's brow shaper. I LOVE IT. there's so much in the package, too. all of my friends/relatives use it after using mine. i also use maybelline's brow gel.

i get my brows threaded once a month. i will never, ever go back to waxing! i pluck in between. lea, to answer your question, threading hurts a lot, but you get used to it, just like waxing. it usually hurts above the brow, but then when she gets to under the brow, i'm so numb from the top, i don't feel anything else LOL

it's the most precise, too, i've found.

i pay $13, but in NYC, it's $6, but if i take the train down there, it'd be more than $13, so i just do it here, where it IS overpriced.

bhav, how much do you pay?

Originally Posted by charms23 I feel so clueless
frown.gif
but what exactly happens when you get your brows threaded? don't worry! i knew someone was gonna ask because it's not very popular
smile.gif

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/20...ser-facialhair

"A beautician holds the end of a thread in her mouth and then uses both hands to make it taut. She quickly winds the strand around individual hairs, like a lasso, twisting and pulling them out of their follicles by the root."

hope that helps!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 OMG!
eek.gif
That sounds painful! it's probably just the same as waxing for most (for me it is), except a little more painful. it's actually better for your skin, too, because waxing can do a little harm.

Indeed it is!!! I tried it on my legs once
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 OMG!
eek.gif
That sounds painful!

I tweeze. I use Avon's Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Light Golden Brown (Only $1.99 each on sale!!! $5 regular priced) to lightly fill in brows and then use MAC's Cork e/s to color them in a little more. It's a very natural look IMO.
icon_biggrin.gif

I thought about using more expensive brow pencils, but Avon's does the job and stays put for only $2!

I do my own brows & tweeze w/BB's tweezer, which is SOOOOOO much better than Tweezerman. I also trim them w/a cuticle or mustache trimmer to keep them groomed nicely.

As far as filling them in, I like Jordana's Easybrow & Milani's Easybrow. They each have a spoolie on the opposite end of the pencil which helps create a soft, natural brow. I used to use powder, but after discovering these pencils, I'll never go back.

I use Maybelline's Eye Powder. Yes it's drug store, but the work better then the pricer ones. It stays and looks natural. I keep them in shape by tweezing and trimming. I fill them in and that's it. It stays.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I used to use powder, but after discovering these pencils, I'll never go back. really? i always thought pencils look way too fake. i'm gonna have to check them out. thanks!

Latest posts

Back