Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brush do you use for concealer under the eyes? I'm using the MAC 194 and i'm finding that it's splaying and the concealer isn't going where i want it to. Any other recs?

Also, another thick question, what brush do i use with my Bronze Shimmerbrick?!!

Thanx!

Originally Posted by Bhav Also, another thick question, what brush do i use with my Bronze Shimmerbrick?!! Ok for my shimmerbrick & bronzing powder in general i use my Bobbi Brown Kabuki/Face Brush. Its so soft & applied the right amount of product. I just love it!

Cool, will check the BB brush out.

I have the NARS Bronzer brush, do u think this would be ok?

I adore brushes, but have a problem with my foundation one... I can't get it to work
icon_rolleyes.gif
!
How do you use it?

Originally Posted by Mirtilla I adore brushes, but have a problem with my foundation one... I can't get it to work
icon_rolleyes.gif
!
How do you use it? I do my foundation in sections. So I dot foundation on then spead it out over the skin. Somtimes I get lines when I'm doing the foundation, so flip to the other side of the brush which tends to have less foundation on those bristles, so it blends the foundation even more.
hope that made sense. lol

Originally Posted by Bhav I have the NARS Bronzer brush, do u think this would be ok? Oh i'd say so honey. No need for both if you ask me but then again there are probably girls out there that have both and might notice a difference!

Originally Posted by Bhav Cool, will check the BB brush out.I have the NARS Bronzer brush, do u think this would be ok?

I haven't got the NARS bronzer brush, but I keep hearing good things about it so I'm sure it'lll be fine. I think you need a biggish brush to swoosh around and make aure you get all the colours.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I have a MAC eye brush that I use for concealer. It has shorter bristles that are synthetic and applies foundations pretty well. the smaller bristles allows you to put concealer in areas that you want. http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1416

Thanx! I've got this brush and i'll try it tomorrow when i'm putting my concealer on.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I haven't got the NARS bronzer brush, but I keep hearing good things about it so I'm sure it'lll be fine. I think you need a biggish brush to swoosh around and make aure you get all the colours. I'll try this and see how i get on with it. Thanx Lea and Laura!

for concealer under my eyes, i always use my fingers. the warmth from my fingers makes the concealer creamier, which makes it easier to blend. i feel the brush is too big no matter what and doesn't get everything. for everywhere else, i use a concealer brush (sonia kashuk's).

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I have a MAC eye brush that I use for concealer. It has shorter bristles that are synthetic and applies foundations pretty well. the smaller bristles allows you to put concealer in areas that you want. http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1416

mac's 231 brush can be used for concealer or liner it's a smaller shader brush (i adore this brush for pigments it applies them so nicely)

Originally Posted by Trisha I like Stila #2 for eye concealer, and I use lotsa brushes for the shimmerbrick, but mainly Stila #24! x Thanx, i'll check these out tomorrow!I like the look of the Stila double-end brushes but i don't know how to store them - as i keep my brushes in a Storm watch can!!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 mac's 231 brush can be used for concealer or liner it's a smaller shader brush (i adore this brush for pigments it applies them so nicely) I have this on my brush wishlist!! May have to move it near the top!

Originally Posted by Bhav I have this on my brush wishlist!! May have to move it near the top! i love the brush it's awesome. i bought 2 of those too. i bought one i loved it so much i went back and got another.

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl For concealer, I use L'oreal Concealer Brush:
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/cosmet.../concealer.asp

It's cheap and blends the product really well. The bristles don't spread out and I can use it under the eyes and on pimples. I used to use my fingers, but found it was too hard to get the product right where I want it. I really like this brush
biggrin.gif
lol. HTH!

Thanx Carina. But i've never seen L'oreal brushes here!

Check out the Kevyn Aucoin Concealer Brush. There is a reason his stuff wins best in allure, trust me.

Like Jennifer, I also use my fingers to apply and blend concealer. There's nothing better IMHO. I've used brushes but they don't work as well. However, def. stay away from Sephora's concealer brush! It sucks- makes brush lines all over.

Latest posts

Back