Calling college students/grads!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For college students, what is your major, and what kind of job do you plan on having once you graduate?

And college grads, what did you major in, and what kind of job do you have now?

I'm still in college, and I'm currently an English major working towards a bachelors and a teaching certificate. The plan is to teach high school English after graduation.

Sounds like a great career choice FeistyFemme!

Here is mine:

I majored in International Business (my degree is from Finland). I'm a mortgage underwriter now and was previously an operations manager for a mortgage company before my son was born. I don't wish to be in a manager position anymore because my son and my time with him is more important for me than working the long hours as a manager.

I graduated with my BA in Mass Communications, emphasis in print media. I worked as a reporter/editor for my local newspaper for three years then quit because of all the time away from home it was eating up. I covered lots of night meetings, and my daughter at 3 and 4 years old was all too familiar with the phrase, "Mama's got to go to a meeting, honey, see you later."

Sooooo... I quit that in January and became a substitute teacher. It gives me more time off, no evenings or weekends, and more time with my family. Yay! I don't know how long I'll do this, but probably for a while as she is just in kindergarten now and I want to be free to help out in her classroom if needed or whatever.
smile.gif

I have a BA in Psychology which I dont really use at work but more generally in life.

I hope to start working as a child counselor in the near futre.

I gradutated last year with a BA in sociology. Currently, I'm a part of a program called Teach for America so I'm teaching right now (kindergarten), but not sure what I'll do when I'm through with my two year committment...maybe keep teaching, but I really have no idea!

I graduated with bachelor's in both computer science (CS) and math -- but it was only 3 or 4 extra classes for the math major so it wasn't that bad!
smile.gif
Right now I'm working on a masters in CS. I plan to graduate next December, and hopefully find a job as a software developer (ie, writing computer programs all day long!)

However, a few years after I graduate we'd like to start a family, so if we could afford it I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom or at least telecommute while the kids are little!
biggrin.gif

I'm a fashion design major. After graduating from college I plan to have at least one job. I would love to be a fashion designer. I would also like to open up my own line of clothing stores. And I would also like to work for a major magazine or maybe even start my own.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme For college students, what is your major, and what kind of job do you plan on having once you graduate?
And college grads, what did you major in, and what kind of job do you have now?

I'm still in college, and I'm currently an English major working towards a bachelors and a teaching certificate. The plan is to teach high school English after graduation.

I majored in English, and now have my BA in English. I'm a freelance writer/proofreader/editor, with high hopes.
smile.gif
My home business site is at http://www.temlynwriting.com. I'm also the editor-in-chief of the newsletter here at MakeupTalk!)

I actually changed my major several times. I started as a music major with an emphasis in Voice/Vocal Performance. That was such a competive area, and I didn't feel joy doing it, so I switched to Communications with emphasis in Media Writing/Journalism. Finally, my creativy won over, and I switched to English.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back