Quantcast

Can anyone speak a foreign language?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Many Thanks for your time and help.

Reaction score
I can count to 10 in 5 different languages but that's all i know!! I spoke some German, French & Spanish before but it's all gone from my head since i left school.. Check out this site though http://www.freetranslation.com/ I used it all the time when i was learning languages. You type what you want to say in English, hit the button & the whole text is translated in to whatever language you choose! Only downfall is that it's translated literally so if you use a saying like "i left the cat ouf of the bag" meaning you let something slip, they'll translate it to "i left the cat out of the bag".. Get my drift?! Enjoy

Reaction score
THANKS LAURA!!! you're a gem! This will be SO helpful.xXx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by candy THANKS LAURA!!! you're a gem! This will be SO helpful.xXx No problemo! You'll be fluent in no time with that!

Reaction score
Aw Kim, that's like my friend now! She moved to Italy last year for a year with college & met her boyfriend over there. He couldn't speak much english & she couldn't speak much italian but they're still together now (almost 18 months later!)

Reaction score
Aww Kim, you are definatley better off without him! Congratualtions on thanking her for taking him of your hands.You go girl! I admire your pure strength and i am sure you will be an inspiration to all women,me included.

I know you are a very valued and much loved member of MuT with friends who care about you, look up to you and respect you. I send you much love and hugs.You are one very strong lady!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by candy Hi girls,I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Hi Candy, you could try this translater, I used it for something one time but can't remember what, old age setting in I guess

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi Candy, you could try this translater, I used it for something one time but can't remember what, old age setting in I guess

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Oi stoopid, check out my 1st post to her.. JOKE Harley, i love ya really

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laura127 Oi stoopid, check out my 1st post to her.. JOKE Harley, i love ya really
LOL...That will teach me to answer without going through other answers
. Love ya too Laura

Reaction score
My dad was Mexican and my mother is Puerto Rican, so I'm fluent in Spanish. I also studied a little bit of French but havent mastered it yet. Thats one of my goals for the next year.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 LOL...That will teach me to answer without going through other answers
. Love ya too Laura
LOL!

Reaction score
I took Italian in school for 7 years - but you'd be surprised how much you forget when you don't use it anymore!!! LOL I can understand it better than I can speak it... but I really don't remember much from school. I just look on google for translators... my friend at work is Spanish and I like to joke around with him by IM'ing him in Spanish from across the room when he knows that I don't know a word beyond 'Hola" LOL

Reaction score
Although my favorite phrase from Italian class has to be "Quanti persone che sono nella tua famiglia?" (How many people are in your family - LOL) It just sounds good saying... LOL makes you look like you know what you're talking about... LOLOLOL

Reaction score
Spanish is really near french... so I could help you if you want, it's easy from french to speach spanich and italian, I understand these languages naturally... for french I saw nothing...
I can't help you because my french is corrupted by slang!!! lol

Big kiss Candy !

Fr : Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année à tous !

GB : Merry christmas and happy new year to all !

Esp : Feliz Navidad y Feliz ano nuevo !

Pol : Wszystkiego Najlepszego z okazji Świąt !

Reaction score
Thanks HarleyMom, sometimes i need to be told something twice for it to sink in anyway..lol. I had a LOT of fun last night Laura,once i got started on the Translation page.Thanks.

Marie-Line, you are doing so incredibly well learning your launguages! I am so impressed ! Well Done, your not just a pretty face! Marie-line,when are you putting your lovely piccie up?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by candy Marie-Line, you are doing so incredibly well learning your launguages! I am so impressed ! Well Done, your not just a pretty face! Marie-line,when are you putting your lovely piccie up? Hello Candy,Thanks a lot for what you said!

I don't understand, what does "piccie up" mean

Your letter in on my desk, I forgot to post it...
I do it this afternoon.

You're not just a pretty face too, you could speak french as I speak english if you tryed to speak with native french on a board, like I did for english.

Have a nice day everybody!!!

Talk soon Candy!

Reaction score
Hi Marie-Line,

What i should have said was 'when are you sending in your beautiful picture?!

Don't worry about the postcard,i haven't managed to get mine posted yet either
..lol

Reaction score
I can speak Spanish!

Originally Posted by candy

Hi girls,I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Reaction score
Hi, Just out of curiousity which language would someone from Austria speak

Dutch or German? This is for a communication problem i am having with a seller on ebay. Many Thanks.

Reaction score
Austrian? Like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

Originally Posted by candy

Hi, Just out of curiousity which language would someone from Austria speak
Dutch or German? This is for a communication problem i am having with a seller on ebay. Many Thanks.