Can I be any more of a dork???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok well today I had to go to the salon my brother works for (shameless plug for those in the chicago area) Zazu since when he did my hair last night at the class his teacher didn't check his work b4 i left. So i had to go today so she could see my hair. Well today is rainy and crappy out i didn't feel like going in the first place. But i went. She checked my hair i was probablythere less then 10 mins. (when i drove 45 mins to get there) so i am on my way home and i am going past starbucks so i decide i have a few bucks left over so i wil stop. well I walk thru the door and slip and fall. yea right in front of god and everyone Ang goes down. so I get up and order my coffee and hope to get the hell out of there as soon as possible. so now my knee hurts as well as my pride cus here i am thinkin i look good i did a bit of eye make up b4 i left the house my hair is done it's freshly highlighted i have a bit of lipgloss on i look good lol well then it all comes crashing down on my knee lol. the last time i fell in public was at my great aunt's funeral that was inf ront of everyone too outside the church as everyone was waiting for the coffin to arrive. i feel i have to explain why i fell there. I was walking right behind my dad and i was talkin to my grandpa who was walking beside me the sidewalk dipped for a handicap access and since i was RIGHT behind my dad i had no way to see this until i stepped down and my foot twisted since that area was uneven and i went down thank god my skirt did not end up around my waist. I have to say i have fallen more in my old age than i have ever when i was a kid lol I must have just become graceful in my old age.

so this is my story for the day. i hope you all had a bit of amusement i am sure people at starbucks are STILL talkin about it.

Ang, Hate to be thinking like a lawyer, but you should get your knee checked out. If there's any serious damage, Starbucks may be liable.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Ang, Hate to be thinking like a lawyer, but you should get your knee checked out. If there's any serious damage, Starbucks may be liable. it's feeling better now. it was just a little sore when i got home. they had a caution wet floor sign up. with my luck i wouldn't get anything from starbucks anyway. lol they'd charge me for falling on their floor. U'd think that they might have bought my coffee for me or something.

aw, i'm sorry that happened
frown.gif

to be honest with everyone, the funniest thing EVER is people falling. i don't laugh at them, though, but with them, even if they're not laughing. i would never make fun of people. i just think it's the FUNNIEST thing. even when i fall, i think it's so funny, even though it's so humiliating!

Originally Posted by Jennifer aw, i'm sorry that happened
frown.gif

to be honest with everyone, the funniest thing EVER is people falling. i don't laugh at them, though, but with them, even if they're not laughing. i would never make fun of people. i just think it's the FUNNIEST thing. even when i fall, i think it's so funny, even though it's so humiliating!

i've cracked up when i have fallen especially when i slip on ice or something. but this time i was actually feelin good today and that just came crashing to the floor with me lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i've cracked up when i have fallen especially when i slip on ice or something. but this time i was actually feelin good today and that just came crashing to the floor with me lol LOL i know what you mean. i'm sorry
icon_sad.gif

Oh gosh, I fall all the time, but I always just laugh at myself ... last September I fell on the sidewalk for no reason (it wasn't wet, there were no cracks or anything! lol) and I still have a small scar on my knee and a big pink scar on one of my toes from it! (And a hole in my capris!)

About the funniest time was a few years ago at my undergrad college, it was one of the first warm days of the year, and the sun felt so good I closed my eyes (do you ever just want to close your eyes in the sun?) Well stupid me, I kept walking with my eyes closed, and walked right into a concrete bench! A few random people nearby saw me, and I had a huge purple knot on my shin after that, which of course everyone wanted to know how I hurt myself! But I just told the truth, it made for a good laugh! lol

I think I inherited it from my grandma, she also trips a lot... she fell out of the car on her first date with my grandpa! But he obviously still liked her because they're about to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Oh gosh, I fall all the time, but I always just laugh at myself ... last September I fell on the sidewalk for no reason (it wasn't wet, there were no cracks or anything! lol) and I still have a small scar on my knee and a big pink scar on one of my toes from it! (And a hole in my capris!)
About the funniest time was a few years ago at my undergrad college, it was one of the first warm days of the year, and the sun felt so good I closed my eyes (do you ever just want to close your eyes in the sun?) Well stupid me, I kept walking with my eyes closed, and walked right into a concrete bench! A few random people nearby saw me, and I had a huge purple knot on my shin after that, which of course everyone wanted to know how I hurt myself! But I just told the truth, it made for a good laugh! lol

I think I inherited it from my grandma, she also trips a lot... she fell out of the car on her first date with my grandpa! But he obviously still liked her because they're about to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary!
smile.gif

i honestly have no idea where i got the clumsy oaf gene but i never had it b4. recently i have become a spaz. but at least i am in good company lol i'm not the only clumsy person out there.

LOL. How embarassing. Don't worry we all have those moments. Those kind of moments seem to happen all to often for me! Let's just say it seems like I'm clumsy and accident prone. But the thing that cracks the most people up at my college is to see me trip on the stair. I don't trip down the stairs like most other people would, but I actually trip up the stairs.

Originally Posted by FairyRave LOL. How embarassing. Don't worry we all have those moments. Those kind of moments seem to happen all to often for me! Let's just say it seems like I'm clumsy and accident prone. But the thing that cracks the most people up at my college is to see me trip on the stair. I don't trip down the stairs like most other people would, but I actually trip up the stairs. i've tripped up the stairs but not as often as i fall down lol

Oh god - I'm always falling! LOL I have weak ankles I guess, because if I step on anything - twig, pebble,ice, uneven walkway, ankle gives out... bends to the side, and Janelle goes down! LOL It's so humiliating!
icon_redface.gif
I think the last time that happened was when I was at a club with my friend about 2 months ago - we were outside in the back area having a cigarette, drink in one hand...and when we were walking back in... I step in a pothole and almost wipe out in front of all these people!!! Luckily I caught my balance and only went down 1/2 way - but people probably thought I was drunk!! LOL
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh god - I'm always falling! LOL I have weak ankles I guess, because if I step on anything - twig, pebble,ice, uneven walkway, ankle gives out... bends to the side, and Janelle goes down! LOL It's so humiliating!
icon_redface.gif
I think the last time that happened was when I was at a club with my friend about 2 months ago - we were outside in the back area having a cigarette, drink in one hand...and when we were walking back in... I step in a pothole and almost wipe out in front of all these people!!! Luckily I caught my balance and only went down 1/2 way - but people probably thought I was drunk!! LOL
icon_wink.gif
well it's nice to know that other people fall too lol i alway feel like a complete moron. it was even worse when i wipedout in front of my family at the funeral cus i wanted to forget about and EVERYONE kept bringing it up. i am sure i am known as the distant cousin who fell at the funeral lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 well it's nice to know that other people fall too lol i alway feel like a complete moron. it was even worse when i wipedout in front of my family at the funeral cus i wanted to forget about and EVERYONE kept bringing it up. i am sure i am known as the distant cousin who fell at the funeral lol Well, at least you took people's minds off being sad for a minute!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, at least you took people's minds off being sad for a minute!
icon_wink.gif
lmao that is true.

Girlie, I am sorry about your fall. I agree with Jess. Get checked out! You never know what happen.

If it makes you feel any better, I always run into the cubicles at work. I mean, i can see them but I always catch the corner. I think its because I get so distracted. What sucks is that people see me and they ask me if something is wrong and really, its just me being distracted.

10_1_116.gif

By the way, we wanna see your highlights!

Originally Posted by girl_geek I think I inherited it from my grandma, she also trips a lot... she fell out of the car on her first date with my grandpa! But he obviously still liked her because they're about to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary!
smile.gif
that is SO funny!!!

Ang, I'm glad that you're okay! Please do get it looked at though, just to be safe!
icon_smile.gif

I'm clumsy too! Um, more like a huge klutz. I trip over my own feet and, um, pretty much anything that exists!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Hell, I have brusies on my legs almost all the time and I have NO idea how in the heck they got there! My Dr always asks me if someone is hitting me. LOL! No, more like I've been hitting the wall, the table leg, the chair, the counter, etc, etc.
icon_redface.gif

Latest posts

Back