Can other skin tones really suit a person?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, 

I have a light tan complexion (I am north Indian). I sometimes show up quite dark in pictures, but am typically compared to the average fair north Indian color and looking at my arms and face in real life and the mirror, I don't think I'm that much darker than this color...I like the tan complexion but I love very cute childish looks so I would like to wear a light baby pink colored lipstick once in a while but I think my skin is just a bit too tan for this (the light pink washes me out), so I was thinking about a way to go one or two shades lighter. However, most pictures of skin lightening before and after seem sickly and unnatural. Why is that? Why do people look best in their natural skin color only? Is there something different about the melanin distribution of a person who has naturally light skin with that of a person who takes something to reduce melanin? I've never seen a before and after with skin lightening that I thought the after looked healthier or more attractive.

Is there a way to lighten that really seriously looks healthy and natural? If not, is there a way to wear light pink lips on slightly tan skin without washing out or looking fake? 

Pink looks great on any skin tone, as long as you pick the right pink shade for you. I believe bright pink would make you look trendier and more daring, but if you want to wear pink in a subtle way, nude pinks, pale rose and beige pinks would be flattering for your skin tone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's about finding the right shade for your skin tone, finding the shade of pink will help compliment your skintone as opposed to, as you put it, appear unnatural on your skin.

It's very true that people look best when they stick to shades that work well with their natural skin colour, and pink I've found can be tougher to get right with a darker skin complexion. Pink lips on the other hand I think look gorgeous with any skin tone.

Spend some time finding a shade of pink that works for you, as I guarantee it's out there! Best of luck, sorry couldn't be more helpful!

Latest posts

Back