Can you give tylenol...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can you give tylenol or motrin to a cat ???? my kittie got its tail cut a lil and she is not herself, so i cant go to the vet cuz they are closed .... anybody got any suggestion????

Oh I'm sorry your kitty is not herself,, I really don't know if it would be safe to give her people medicin or not honey... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd call the ER vet to check... I know I was able to give my cat Benadryl for her asthma attacks. I also happen to know my ex-friend took her dog's pain meds since she said it was equivalent to 800 mg Motrin (she was in school to be a vet).

Elise, I forgot the name of the ER vet in Augusta, but I do remember they were located on Plesant Home Road before... Or something... They're still around, they just changed their addy... I only know because I spent $300+ there on my cat when she had her first asthma attack.

well i mean she is just laying around alot more then usual, ususally she is outside and running amuck. i have already been therough the expensive ordeal of after hours vets. no thanks . she isnt bleeding, or in real harm , just i know the cut on her tail has to be uncomfortable. but anywho i cant afford the after hour clinics. my vet is an old man who is real cheap and realllly great, so i just have to wait till monday! thanx girls

When my cat got a UTI, we took him to the animal hospital and the vet there said it was ok to give cats Tylenol. We just bought the medicine they offered, though...so I'm not sure how much you should give it...

Hope your cat feels better soon!

Believe it or not, cats take pain better than you think. My cat Rascal (the one who recently passed away), once got into a fight with another cat. Ripped his jaw open, and lost 1.5 teeth. He acted like it didn't even happen! He was eating and everything still! My other cat had her leg broken. Since she was so small, medicating her for surgery could've killed her. So, we left the leg alone. To this date, you can't even tell it was ever broken! She walks and runs just fine! She was almost perfectly normal within 2-3 weeks! I think your cat will be okay, but I'd still call the vet to make sure on Monday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bet she is in pain :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Poor thing. Make sure you are keeping the wound clean so their won't be any infections. I would defiantly talk to someone at the Vet's office just to make sure! Good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

shoot, she loves me , but if i grab her tail she CLAWS the fire out of me... she has always been like that thou, she isnt a affectinate nor touchy kinda cat... she is weird!

This is what this says.

I just googled it.

from here

I like your idea of waiting until monday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But i thought I'd just clear up the tylenol question.

PLEASE do not give your kitty Tylenol! It will kill her! I know, I work in a vet clinic. If she is not bleeding profusely, in severe pain, having trouble with bodily functions, eating or drinking, etc., it's fine to wait till Monday. Just watch for swelling, bleeding, or oozing from the cut. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so sorry, and from reading Jess' and Krystie's posts giving tylenol is not a good idea. I would say be on the lookout for any odd symptoms that progresses, and call the vet on Monday.

Hope your kittie feels better soon!!!

I'm not to sure about kitties, but one time my chihuahua got hurt and the vet said to give him baby asprin. Maybe that might work. Hope your kittie feels better.

Yeah, I wouldn't give Tylenol to my pet. Heck, I don't like to take that crap myself!

I would wait until monday.

I wouldn't do it w/o consulting a veterinarian first . Hope your kitty feels better

Back