Care to "HANG" out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I remember when "fun in the sun" meant tubbing and surfing. Boy am I feeling Oooooooooooooold. Read on! LOL.

Dangling from Meat Hooks, for Fun

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="40%"><!-- Yahoo TimeStamp: 1090246295 --><!-- timestamp 1090246295 140120 secs stale 28800 secs -->Mon Jul 19 04

</TD><TD noWrap align=right width="60%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- TextStart -->

MIAMI (Reuters) - Law enforcement officials in the Florida Keys are mystified by a bizarre new pastime -- young people dangling themselves from meat hooks on a popular sandbar.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD><TD width=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A U.S. Coast Guard (news - web sites) spokeswoman said on Sunday that the Monroe County sheriff's office and Coast Guard were called on July 12 to the sandbar off Whale Harbor in Islamorada where locals say wild behavior is becoming a tradition.

They found that five young people had erected a bamboo tripod and hung meat hooks from it. A young woman, her feet brushing the surface of the shallow water, dangled from the frame, hooks embedded firmly in her shoulders.

According to a Coast Guard video, she did not seem to mind the hooks.

Lt. Tom Brazil of the Coast Guard told the Key West Citizen newspaper that a young man, who also had hooks embedded in his heavily pierced and tattooed skin, assured him the group was "just enjoying the afternoon."

A Coast Guard spokeswoman in Miami said the group had clearly done this before and intended to post photos of themselves on a Web site dedicated to "body modification" -- the ritualistic piercing of the body.

"It looked like a daily routine for them," she said, adding that the hooks had been inserted in the skin in a professional manner and had drawn very little blood." (great!)
eek.gif

"As long as they weren't creating any kind of ruckus or riot within a crowd they really weren't breaking any laws."

The Coast Guard passed the video on to federal justice authorities but no further action will be taken.

My husband told me about that! I've heard of people doing that, but not in public! I think that's disgusting, and I for one would probably vomit if I saw people doing that in public! It's just wrong, and not the place for that "pasttime."

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea My husband told me about that! I've heard of people doing that, but not in public! I think that's disgusting, and I for one would probably vomit if I saw people doing that in public! It's just wrong, and not the place for that "pasttime." Yeah, if there is a "right" and "wrong" this would classify under "wrong!" This is a definite "fashion don't!" LOL. Cough.
mutapathy.jpg

OMG, that is nasty, I've seen people that do that kind of stuff on TV, they get some kind of euphoric high from the endorphins kicking in.

Latest posts

Back